• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are message boards getting meaner?

Maureen

Seeking
MissAlice, I am not educated either. But I'm street savvy and in the years on this earth, I've learned much without the college diploma. I don't use fancy words, and some subject are way over my head. I don't care. If it is a topic that catches my interest, I'll post anyway, lol.

Sometimes the wisest things can come from the simplest of words, hon. :)
So any time you want to visit in one of my threads or I see you in others, know I'm right there with ya in spirit.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Words on a screen aren't the best way to convey messages, but that's all we have with these contraptions besides the smilies. :)I can certainly see how sensitive people can get the message something was mean when it may not have even been intended that way. We will never know. All in all, I am reasonably impressed with this forum, but it by definition is inclusive. Others, by their very definition aren't. If someone sets up a Boston Red Sox fan appreciation forum, one can hardly expect them to be friendly with a Yankee fan. Same with forums set up for and about specific religions.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I love RF. I've been a member for about three years now and the site is very well moderated. I've seen very little in the way of "cliques" or bullies - and they don't usually last long.

Personally, I've never been asked by anyone on the forum, publically or privately, to gang up on anyone or to gossip about other forum members. I can't speak for everyone, because I don't get involved with any other forum members offline, but I don't see much evidence of groups of people getting all dramatic with other people or groups - at least it doesn't seem like any sort of concerted effort.

I am looking forward to getting to know more about you and your viewpoints, Maureen. I think you'll like it here. I hope so.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
This place IS huge, which has its pros and cons. So big, nobody gets in to arguments or form cliques, but so big nobody can really connect except in passing. Sort of like not being able to see the forest for the trees.:p

No, RF still has it's cliques and tight nit circles, and many have become good friends.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
No, RF still has it's cliques and tight nit circles, and many have become good friends.

Oh, shut up, you pantywaisted dirty commie pinko. You're going straight to hell if for nothing else but your name.

All my posse - ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK! Then send me a private message telling me how you made FH cry when you called him on his mommy's cell phone.

Whew. Being nice was about to really get to me. I feel better now.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Oh, shut up, you pantywaisted dirty commie pinko. You're going straight to hell if for nothing else but your name.

All my posse - ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK! Then send me a private message telling me how you made FH cry when you called him on his mommy's cell phone.

Whew. Being nice was about to really get to me. I feel better now.

I don't understand. Could you explain that?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
How long have you been a member here? Are the cliques hiding, or did I finally stumble upon shangri la?
I've been here for almost six and a half years now. That's the longest I've ever participated on any forum. For the most part, this place really is kind of a shangri la. Of course, it kind of goes in spurts, too, and there are times when I get pretty fed up with how nasty people can get. But on the whole, it's a pretty good place (especially when compared to other boards).

Maureen

Seeking
I found yet another place that I like very much, so now I have two boards to flip back and forth to. I look forward to getting to know both and the members that inhabit them. :)