• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are medical bills the leading cause of bankruptcy?

Nessa

Color Me Happy
Bankruptcy is normally about having a negative budget or financial statement. So in essence, one has to look at the cause for the upside down budget. And from that perspective, medical bills do in fact cause a lot of bankruptcies.

About 500,000 people sought bankruptcy protection in the United States last year because of the crushing burden of medical expenses, says the study, to be published next month in Norton's Bankruptcy Adviser, a specialty periodical for lawyers.
The number equals about half the one million Americans who filed for bankruptcy protection last year.
US Study: Medical Bills Main Culprit In Bankruptcies

Last edited:

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I think it could be a vicious cycle....medical bill's cause bankruptcy and then it makes you get sick because of worry and then the medical bills again then back to having no money..........It could go on and on and on.............:help: I'm starting to feel ill again....