• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are marriage and romantic love un-communist?

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
And as far as canes go, they're really actually the norm from where I live. Believe me I've seen many guys carry em' around like the bleedn' princes of wales....
16 year old guys? I'm 16 and I like to carry my walking stick when I go out in public.

MissAlice

Then what's the problem?

You could turn into a trend of some sort kind of like the kids of the emo scene.:cool:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Publicly declared and witnessed pair bonds are as old as our species. No political system has ever eradicated the human instinct to pair bond. If you abolished marriage tomorrow, people would still marry -- they would just call it by a different name.

I totally agree.

Love

Dallas

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
[QUOTEI only wish most couples (ie, my own parents) were that responsible and efficient. How were you able to get a job where you can rotate positions between housemaker and provider like that? Most jobs require people to be there every day in several-hour blocks.][/QUOTE]

My husband and I both work full time. I get home around 5:30 and he gets home around 6:30. We literally live for our quiet evenings together at home. We enjoy cooking together, folding laundry, whatever. Most of the housework we do on the weekends - together, unless he has to work and then I clean the house while he's away.

We stay up pretty late - in part because we want to spend a lot of time together at home. That's five or six hours a night - plenty of time for some light housekeeping, some cooking - and errrrrrr, "other" stuff!

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
[QUOTEI only wish most couples (ie, my own parents) were that responsible and efficient. How were you able to get a job where you can rotate positions between housemaker and provider like that? Most jobs require people to be there every day in several-hour blocks.]

My husband and I both work full time. I get home around 5:30 and he gets home around 6:30. We literally live for our quiet evenings together at home. We enjoy cooking together, folding laundry, whatever. Most of the housework we do on the weekends - together, unless he has to work and then I clean the house while he's away.

We stay up pretty late - in part because we want to spend a lot of time together at home. That's five or six hours a night - plenty of time for some light housekeeping, some cooking - and errrrrrr, "other" stuff![/quote]

Er, wait, so if most of your time is spent working, who raises the kids? You don't put your kids in a daycare, do you?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
LOL Amazing - I am 47 and my husband is 52. Kids are grown!

When my kids were little, I was a stay at home mom. Then the roles were more traditional - but that was mainly because my husband (even then) had the higher paying job - so he worked outside the home while I stayed home with the kids. (Actually this was my exhusband - my kids are from my first marriage.)

When they all got into school, I began working, and they stayed with their grandparents till I got off work around 5.

I remarried about four years ago. It is MUCH easier for both spouses to work full time when there are no kids at home.

I did not ever put my kids in daycare.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
When I was single!!!!

Dressed up so FINE!!!

Now I am Married !!!

Go ragged all the tiiiiime!!!!!!

LORD!!!!!! I wish I was a single girl again!!

Awwwwww!!!

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Ya know its lonely being the "stay at home mom" and now me the "stay at home grandmother" to keep kids while the men(or women) go to work.

I cant stop going around and around with how devalued it is..Some just say its the "most important job in the world"..

It just doesnt feel that way sometimes.

I cant belive how "spoiled " I am that now I keep my grandbaby part time so my son and DIL can work..

What really chapped my *** was 2 days ago..We have been having way overdo remodeling done.In my house..I mean it was supposed to take 4-6 days and took 21.

Im 42 (on Jan 9th so dont forget)..

I had been living with these workmen in my house and stuff.And chasing around the baby..(my grandbaby) ..with weird things like they leave the doors open..and there is a chainsaw and a microwave on the den table and a spare toilet and a tile cutter in the garage ..etc..My coffee maker was on the plant stand which was on the couch.

When my husband went to pay the "final payment " to Spiro (form Albania)..my husband said..(counting out the 100's) ..YEP you wouldn't know what Lana had to do to earn this.(my face starting turning red)..Yep the unamaginable things she did to earn this money..And he chuckeled and laughed.

Spiro didnt laugh..(neither did I)

He said no ...she had patience..which is the hardest thing to have.The most flattering thing he could have said about me.

I felt like I had to be defended because I was speechless.

Im very upset.

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
"Head" as in "leader," not "brain." Women are almost always smarter than men, but men are more aggressive and power-hungry.

Not neccesarrily .

Except for the part women are almost always smarter than men..LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding.

I think you are stereo typing over kill...

If you keep putting men in women in little boxes then you are part of the problem.

Love

Dallas

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"Head" as in "leader," not "brain." Women are almost always smarter than men, but men are more aggressive and power-hungry.

Whatever differences there are between men and women are often exaggerated. And for every difference there are a thousand similarities.

dust1n

Zindīq
Romantic Love is cool with ideal with communism.

Marriage is just an economical commitment, protecting one's property for the other.

If I ever spend the rest of my life with a woman, I wouldn't know until the day she leaves me or the end of my life.