• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Jehovah's Witnesses taught not to answer hypothetical questions?

siti

Does anyone know that Revelation is a DREAM VISION!
Cripes! Is it?

You don't suppose that's why I used the terms "image", "imagery", "symbolic"...etc.

Of course it is a "vision" - so what does it mean? What does the "wrath of the lamb" in Rev 6 and the killing by the sword and Jesus blood-spattered garments in Rev 19 mean? The figurative "spiritual" death of those "not knowing the life that is in Jesus" - as you put it? Then what? Resurrection? And what of those who stubbornly refuse to acknowledge Jesus?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When you have died of old age, or by chance you die from an accident or a deadly disease is that what you call an execution?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Cripes! Is it?

You don't suppose that's why I used the terms "image", "imagery", "symbolic"...etc.

Of course it is a "vision" - so what does it mean? What does the "wrath of the lamb" in Rev 6 and the killing by the sword and Jesus blood-spattered garments in Rev 19 mean? The figurative "spiritual" death of those "not knowing the life that is in Jesus" - as you put it? Then what? Resurrection? And what of those who stubbornly refuse to acknowledge Jesus?
Oh! Are you actually not going to defend the JW opinion that the visions of Revelation are all prophecy?

Ooops! Not "opinion", but "truth", even though it might change again later.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
. It sounds to me like you have had a very bad experience and re-reading your posts I sense a deep anger and resentment.
This is precious! I wonder if Jesus came telling them the truth would they say the same about him?

siti

The life is in Jesus SO whoever does not have Jesus does not have life.

Can it get any simpler?
So I'm already dead then - I suppose that's simple enough.

Are you actually not going to defend the JW opinion that the visions of Revelation are all prophecy?
Revelation, by its own claim, is a prophetic vision. See Revelation 1:1 and Revelation 22:18-19

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If anyone else knew that for many hundreds of years falsehoods were being propagated as the truth and the Bible Students came and instead of discovering the falsehoods to change them back to God's true words they join the planting of falsehoods do you think he would sound all prissy and properly likable?

Might he sound a little-pissed off?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So I'm already dead then - I suppose that's simple enough.

Revelation, by its own claim, is a prophetic vision. See Revelation 1:1 and Revelation 22:18-19
They were visions for those people. They are not visions of things that are to happen in our time.

siti

They were visions for those people. They are not visions of things that are to happen in our time.
OK - I can go with that, that makes sense. So why does it make any difference to us who the rider in rev 6:2 was meant to be a dream vision of?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK - I can go with that, that makes sense. So why does it make any difference to us who the rider in rev 6:2 was meant to be a dream vision of?
It doesn't, but to call that one Jesus is like calling God Satan. It is not a safe thing to do.

siti

It doesn't, but to call that one Jesus is like calling God Satan. It is not a safe thing to do.
Why? If the vision was for people who all died about 2000 years back, why would misinterpreting it hold any danger for us?

siti

This is kind of like teaching that to learn from history is only for fools.
No it isn't - it is like saying that arguing over the name of Genghis Khan's horse will not change what we might be able to learn from the history of the Mongol Empire.