• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are deities flesh and blood beings?

Burchfam

We are taught within Famism that the first humans were three sisters, who were brought forth by the Irtha (the earth). The supreme deity Wr-alda then breathed his spirit into them so that they became conscious. The three sisters, Lyda, Finda, and Frya, by a process of virgin birth, engendered the entire human race. These sisters, while fully human, are also woshipped as goddesses by their descendants.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Deities in Hinduism are representations of one God. They are different names for God when he takes on different roles. Eg. God is referred to as Brahma when he is creating. Just as one woman can be given different titles and different roles eg. mother, sister, daughter etc. The Deities are different energies of God, some are avatars who once walked the earth as human manifestations. Some also like to view Hindu deities as Devtas (similar to angels). According to Hinduism, the two first people came into being when Brahma divided himself into a progenitive couple - Manu and Satrupa.

akshar

They are a super soul, no-one, including me and you is flesh and blood, we are the soul.

FatMan

Part of me thinks that with all of the religious basis on virgin births that a randy teen ended up telling the whopper of all lies and got away with it.

And now look what it's morphed into!

I have to tell my kids - Don't lie, or thousands of years from now, it might be the cornerstone that many religions are founded on.

BruceDLimber

Hi!

>Are deities flesh and blood beings?

In the Baha'i view, definitely not!

(And there's only one.)

Best,

Bruce

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
beckysoup61 said:
In the LDS theology.

Absolutley.
This is kind-of off-topic and kind-of not, but, with regard to LDS theology, (and I'm not being sarcastic here, I really am interested to know) if God was begotten and has a physical body, who begat God, and (assuming that the "begetter" was also begotten) how was the first "begetter" begotten? It seems to me -- on the surface -- to be a chicken-and-egg affair...I hope I'm missing something!

Advise, please.:chicken:

Bishka

Veteran Member
sojourner said:
This is kind-of off-topic and kind-of not, but, with regard to LDS theology, (and I'm not being sarcastic here, I really am interested to know) if God was begotten and has a physical body, who begat God, and (assuming that the "begetter" was also begotten) how was the first "begetter" begotten? It seems to me -- on the surface -- to be a chicken-and-egg affair...I hope I'm missing something!

Advise, please.:chicken:

We don't know. It does seem to be like that, but we are just mere mortals who do not know the wisdom and knowledge of God.

akshar

beckysoup61 said:
We don't know. It does seem to be like that, but we are just mere mortals who do not know the wisdom and knowledge of God.

You better not be calling me a mere mortal!

Bishka

Veteran Member
akshar said:
You better not be calling me a mere mortal!

I was referring to people in general. Not using it as insult as you took it. We are just mere mortals compared to God.

akshar

beckysoup61 said:
I was referring to people in general. Not using it as insult as you took it. We are just mere mortals compared to God.

Hey calm down. I didn't take it as a insult, i was just joking.

nutshell

Just a quick note: LDS theology does not believe God is flesh and blood. LDS theology believes God is flesh and bone.

The implication is that flesh and blood (like us) denotes a mortal body, while the absence of blood denotes an immortal body.

Bishka

Veteran Member
nutshell said:
Just a quick note: LDS theology does not believe God is flesh and blood. LDS theology believes God is flesh and bone.

The implication is that flesh and blood (like us) denotes a mortal body, while the absence of blood denotes an immortal body.

That's what I meant. :eek: Thanks for clearing that up.