• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Creationists the Great Pretenders?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am not here to judge people claiming some sort of Christianity for their crimes against humanity. A tree is known by it's fruit.

When people shoot the messenger usually they don't like the Message Man.
Ah so your beef is with God. Good luck with that.
dad still can't understand how he calls God a liar.

ecco

Veteran Member
You don't care what Christians believe or claim or do. Haven't you ever heard of guilt by association? If you don't condemn Christians when they do wrong, you are not following the tenets of Jesus.
I am not here to judge people claiming some sort of Christianity for their crimes against humanity. A tree is known by it's fruit.

Indeed. Christianity is known by the actions of Christians. Rapists, Salvers, Homophobes, etc.

When people shoot the messenger usually they don't like the Message Man.
Are you the message man? Are you the one who promotes beliefs in a dangerous religion?

Ah so your beef is with God. Good luck with that.
My beef isn't with a mythical entity. It's with people who believe in the nonsense some have written about a mythical entity. My beef is with people who promote and perpetuate these dangerous beliefs.
My beef is with people who ignore and dismiss the evil actions of other people who believe like he does.

dad

Undefeated
Indeed. Christianity is known by the actions of Christians. Rapists, Salvers, Homophobes, etc.

Are you the message man? Are you the one who promotes beliefs in a dangerous religion?

My beef isn't with a mythical entity. It's with people who believe in the nonsense some have written about a mythical entity. My beef is with people who promote and perpetuate these dangerous beliefs.
My beef is with people who ignore and dismiss the evil actions of other people who believe like he does.
Not interested in your personal attacks or slander of Christians.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Haven't you ever heard of guilt by association?
Don't you know that guilt by association is a fallacy? You can't brand all Christians bad just because some are bad -- it is irrational.

Plus, many Christians fully acknowledge that the Church has done great evils and feel truly awful about it. In 2000, Pope St. John Paul ii issued his great apology for the evils done in the name of Jesus. I can say that for most Jews this apology was very welcome (better late than never).

ecco

Veteran Member
Not interested in your personal attacks or slander of Christians.

Of course you aren't.
61GaP-zyu9L._SX425_.jpg

ecco

Veteran Member
You ignore the good many Christians do. The Catholic Church has done a lot of bad, but they have also done a lot of good like hospitals, orphanages, schools, relief.
The discussion was about the problems brought about by religions.

Churches throughout history have taken money from rich and poor alike to build monuments to themselves.

440px-StJohnTheDivineWilliamPorto.jpg

For Decades, Nuns Brutally Abused and Killed Kids in Vermont Orphanage: Report
SYSTEMIC ABUSE AUG. 27, 2018
For Decades, Nuns Brutally Abused and Killed Kids in Vermont Orphanage: Report
By Amanda Arnold@aMandolinz

Victims’ advocates: Abuse not just a ‘Catholic problem’
Victims’ advocates: Abuse not just a ‘Catholic problem’
by Peter Smith, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Posted: June 25, 2018
  • Christa Brown of Tennessee has for years called on Baptist churches to set up an independent panel to evaluate allegations of sexual abuse by clergy — such as the youth minister who sexually assaulted her as a teenager — and to keep predators from striking again at another church.

Audie

Veteran Member
Did I state that all Christians are bad? No, I didn't. So why do you find it necessary to imply that I did?

I hope indigo and some others will step forth
to point out that atheists are not all bad.

dad

Undefeated
Deuteronomy 20:17
English Standard Version
vyou shall devote them to complete destruction,1 the Hittites and the Amorites, the Canaanites and the Perizzites, the Hivites and the Jebusites, as the Lord your God has commanded,

Oh Yeah, there is that whole flood thingy.
That was not Jesus telling us stuff. That was a time in a rough history of the world when God was dealing with a people He was setting up for the plan of salvation for man.

Did the idolaters who sacrificed their kids to a fiery death feel God was fair in having Israel defeat them? No. Did the Sodomites who would have spread their filth and wickedness think God was fair in destroying their city? No. Guess we have to chose who we respect as righteous. I chose the God who came down to this dirty world and suffered and died for us.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
That was not Jesus telling us stuff. That was a time in a rough history of the world when God was dealing with a people He was setting up for the plan of salvation for man.

Did the idolaters who sacrificed their kids to a fiery death feel God was fair in having Israel defeat them? No. Did the Sodomites who would have spread their filth and wickedness think God was fair in destroying their city? No. Guess we have to chose who we respect as righteous. I chose the God who came down to this dirty world and suffered and died for us.
As far as excuses go, that one is pretty weak. It's also a shifting of the goal post.
You can't change what the words say. You asked for an example of "where Jesus killed anyone or told us to!?" You got one.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

I thought you were one of the Christians that equated Jesus with God. Have you not said that Jesus made the world?

dad

Undefeated
As far as excuses go, that one is pretty weak. It's also a shifting of the goal post.
You can't change what the words say. You asked for an example of "where Jesus killed anyone or told us to!?" You got one.
No, Jesus was born long after that was written. Gong!

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No, Jesus was born long after that was written. Gong!
So what did you mean by this?

And how do you justify your god telling his followers to completely destroy their neighbours?

dad

Undefeated
So what did you mean by this?

And how do you justify your god telling his followers to completely destroy their neighbours?
The Ammonites and etc lived long before the first Christmas.

ecco

Veteran Member
That was not Jesus telling us stuff.

Are you saying that Jesus is not God and God is not Jesus?

That was a time in a rough history of the world when God was dealing with a people He was setting up for the plan of salvation for man.

The mental gymnastics you go through are really amazing.

"Setting up a plan for the salvation of man"? Really? By KILLING them?

All His other plans didn't work out too well, did they? He already killed most people by drowning them.