• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Christians opposed to Jesus? (With Poll!)

Open: Do mainstream Christian beliefs (including sects) accurately reflect Jesus's teachings?

• The Gospels are too vague for me to make an opinion.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shermana

Heretic
(Note: This topic is in regards to the as-is accepted version of the Gospels, and the quotes and narrative of Jesus, not necessarily the NT epistles or Acts. It is also not a question of hypocrisy among Christians who believe one thing but act another way. It is about the actual beliefs themselves.)

Is the bulk of mainstream Christianity directly opposed to what Jesus taught and advocated? Do they use other writings (i.e. Paul) to trump and negate what Jesus actually taught? Was Christianity intended to be followed as Jesus taught Do most Christians actually adhere to what Jesus taught or have they traded in the actual precepts of the Nazarene religion for something radically different, if not diametrically opposed to what this Jesus character endorsed? Does their theology match up with is said, or have they mostly resorted to a series of artificial contrivances that in no way accurately reflect the bulk of the teachings of Jesus in the gospels?
'
Do mainstream Christian beliefs reflect the intent of the Gospels?

(Yes this is the 1535th thread or so on this kind of thing, but its time for a fresh start).

Me Myself

Back to my username
I had to be very liberal on the interpretation of the thing to vote on it, but I think I voted in e spirit of what you meant.

Most religions are on the same camp in many issues regarding morality and in such issues, mainstream christianity is in my opinion, in the same camp as jesus.

On regard to issues of "theology" or "cosmogony" I think Jesus beleived ings very differently.

I honestly believe Jesus mostly believed in things in ways similar to those pf the hindus on almost all.

Would say all, but hinduism is too big of a brush anyways too :D

rusra02

Premium Member
Most "Christian" churches have strayed far and wide from what Jesus actually taught, IMO.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The Gospels seem to me kind of vague and contradictory on at least some points of morality.

Knight of Albion

I see the point you're getting at and its a very valid one.

What the Church teaches is Churchianity, not Christianity.
Most of the Church doctrine is the exact opposite of the Christ Consciousness teachings as originally taught by Jesus.
There's more Paul than Jesus in Church ideology! Why is he even in the frame at all? Paul - who never even met Jesus - led a schism against true Christianity and in a classic case of the biter being bit his teachings themselves were interpolated.

Shermana

Heretic
There's more Paul than Jesus in Church ideology! Why is he even in the frame at all? Paul - who never even met Jesus - led a schism against true Christianity and in a classic case of the biter being bit his teachings themselves were interpolated.

:clap

:cigar:

Thana

Lady
(Note: This topic is in regards to the as-is accepted version of the Gospels, and the quotes and narrative of Jesus, not necessarily the NT epistles or Acts. It is also not a question of hypocrisy among Christians who believe one thing but act another way. It is about the actual beliefs themselves.)

Is the bulk of mainstream Christianity directly opposed to what Jesus taught and advocated? Do they use other writings (i.e. Paul) to trump and negate what Jesus actually taught? Was Christianity intended to be followed as Jesus taught Do most Christians actually adhere to what Jesus taught or have they traded in the actual precepts of the Nazarene religion for something radically different, if not diametrically opposed to what this Jesus character endorsed? Does their theology match up with is said, or have they mostly resorted to a series of artificial contrivances that in no way accurately reflect the bulk of the teachings of Jesus in the gospels?
'
Do mainstream Christian beliefs reflect the intent of the Gospels?

(Yes this is the 1535th thread or so on this kind of thing, but its time for a fresh start).

I don't know, You can't really ever speak about someone else's faith, Since your journey with God and/or Jesus is a personal one.

But generally, The Christians I've come across adapt a more Jesus oriented view.

Yet I'm finding more and more Christians shy away from the mainstream church views, And instead find their own which may not have a particular denomonation.

I used to classify myself as a Born again Christian, But really that was the influence of my family and have instead found my own personal Christian beliefs.

But mostly, I've found churches tend to veer away from anything to controversial, Tending to stick with Jesus and his teachings, Since it's more easily accepted in Christian society.

But no, I've yet to meet any Christians that oppose Jesus or his teachings, Actually I find it's the opposite. Most have problems with the rest of the bible.