• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Blood Transfusions Really Life Saving?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
For decades now Jehovah's Witnesses have copped a fair amount of criticism for their refusal to accept blood transfusions for religious reasons. For those who believe that blood transfusions are the life saving procedure that they are claimed to be, please watch this video so that the facts can be brought to the public's attention. This is information provided by the Australian Government, not by Jehovah's Witnesses.

https://www.blood.gov.au/media

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
For decades now Jehovah's Witnesses have copped a fair amount of criticism for their refusal to accept blood transfusions for religious reasons. For those who believe that blood transfusions are the life saving procedure that they are claimed to be, please watch this video so that the facts can be brought to the public's attention. This is information provided by the Australian Government, not by Jehovah's Witnesses.

https://www.blood.gov.au/media

So, what about all the people whose lives they have saved? Can we take that into account instead of government propaganda?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
So, what about all the people whose lives they have saved? Can we take that into account instead of government propaganda?

I guess you have to ask which is the real propaganda? This video is the medical profession's own representatives telling the world that blood is actually dangerous medicine. It seems that those who survived the transfusion did so in spite of the risk, not because it was best practice.

If you watch the video they present the evidence as to why. You didn't watch it did you?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
You have made a great many points. But I believe you will lose this one badly.

You didn't watch the video either, did you? :rolleyes:

This is not a JW video...it is an Australian Government video exposing the dangers of blood transfusions and highly qualified doctors confirming that this standard practice has to stop. The only ones to lose in this situation are the ones who don't listen and blindly maintain the status quo.
You forget that blood is a multi-million dollar a year industry. There is a financial incentive to keep it going. (1 Tim 6:10)

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
You didn't watch the video either, did you? :rolleyes:

This is not a JW video...it is an Australian Government video exposing the dangers of blood transfusions and highly qualified doctors confirming that this standard practice has to stop. The only ones to lose in this situation are the ones who don't listen and blindly maintain the status quo.
You forget that blood is a multi-million dollar a year industry. There is a financial incentive to keep it going. (1 Tim 6:10)
I'll remember that the next time you're bleeding out in an OR.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
On the video is a presentation showing what happens when a person has a transfusion of someone else's blood, compared to one who has had saline infusion.
Watch the video and see for yourselves.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
How many of the responders on this thread have watched the video? Why do you believe that you can't be wrong about this?

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
On the video is a presentation showing what happens when a person has a transfusion of someone else's blood, compared to one who has had saline infusion.
Watch the video and see for yourselves.
But I did. It's the opinion of one government agency. It says more about the quality of Australia's blood banks than it does transfusions.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Draka

Wonder Woman
But I did. It's the opinion of one government agency. It says more about the quality of Australia's blood banks than it does transfusions.
Actually, the video shows the opinions of doctors and scientists in Germany and Switzerland. The video does not seem really made in Australia, just put up on their site. I mean, if you did watch it, you should have caught that.

blue taylor

I indeed watched the video, twice. Once when you posted the link, an once after you asked me if I had watched it, (just to make sure). I agree with the whole video. But it never advocates the banning of blood transfusions, mostly questioning it's overuse. Arthur Ashe died of a blood transfusion, but if I were told that I would die without one and might live with one, I would say STICK ME.

Our values

We recognize the important role that blood and blood products play in the treatment and clinical management of Australian patients and are committed to:

meeting patient needs for the provision of a safe, secure, adequate and affordable supply of blood and blood products

working collaboratively with stakeholders to develop, monitor and improve national networks and systems for improved clinical awareness and practices in the use of blood and blood products

developing the professional and technical competence of our staff

delivering our mission in an efficient, professional, inclusive, responsive and innovative

https://www.blood.gov.au/about-nba#Our1

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
Ah, now we see who is stuck in the past because of effective propaganda and who is willing to actually see the truth. Very revealing.

For the benefit of those who are not closed minded on this subject, let me provide the following links....

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/videos/blood-transfusion-alternative-strategies/

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/videos/no-blood-medicine-meets-challenge/

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/videos/blood-transfusion-patient-needs-rights/

Three links - all from the same source.

Very credible ;)

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Actually, the video shows the opinions of doctors and scientists in Germany and Switzerland. The video does not seem really made in Australia, just put up on their site. I mean, if you did watch it, you should have caught that.
So then why is Australia going this alone? There is no "big blood" conspiracy. It doesn't last long enough to make it profitable to store. And here is a fact;

Even if receiving blood is dangerous, it is still less dangerous than bleeding out. It's about keeping you alive long enough. We can keep you alive long enough on less-than-perfect blood for your body to remake all its own.

Faronator

Genetically Engineered
So then why is Australia going this alone? There is no "big blood" conspiracy. It doesn't last long enough to make it profitable to store. And here is a fact;

Even if receiving blood is dangerous, it is still less dangerous than bleeding out. It's about keeping you alive long enough. We can keep you alive long enough on less-than-perfect blood for your body to remake all its own.

Good point. One thing the OP hasn't presented is an alternative. What are we supposed to do? Bleed out and die NOW versus taking a chance and potentially having things go wrong later due to said blood transfusion which I have seen 0 solid cases of?

Pretty easy choice if you ask me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I am very glad we have blood transfusions, because my best friend would be dead without them. My mom, she would have died from giving birth to me had there not been blood transfusions. Until they learn how to make synthetic blood the practice must continue, or else a ton of people are going to needlessly die, despite the fact they could have been so easily saved.

Shak34

I'm pretty sure JW do allow blood fractions. I'm sure the whole blood transfusion would be easier/better for certain medical situations, but at least it is something.