• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are believers happier than atheists?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I hope there is a God or someone above who cares for us and I hope there is life after death. But I can't believe blindly what turned out to be founded on stories, myths and legends. I was told by a priest that I have to follow my heart. IMO faith has to be grounded in reason or else one can believe anything.
I agree that faith has to be founded in reason, and that is why I am a Baha'i.

I believe there is a God who cares for us and I am sure there is a life after death.

You do not have to believe stories, myths and legends in order to be a believer, or even a Christian. Lots of Christians nowadays no longer believe the mythical stories:

Beliefs of progressive Christians, secularists, etc. about Jesus' resurrection

These Christians still believe in God and Jesus and His teachings. I also believe in Jesus and His teachings.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That's not at all what science says about it. The income level is much lower (closer to one less zeroes in the claim) and beyond that it doesn't make a difference, and it shows our connections and relationships with others are most crucial. In fact, our relationships (not the size of our paycheck) are consistently the best predictors of happiness.
Good Social Relationships Are the Most Consistent Predictor of a Happy Life - The Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education

Ok, I don't really see anything that contradicts the study I quoted from. They focused specifically on relationships and not the financial aspect. Certainly one can benefit from both.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Evidence, as I have heard it differently and also someone claiming science.

I did refer to the study somewhere.
If not, I'll look it up.
Of course, I'll accept some bias in wanting this to be true. :D
It is more like "hey, look at this, something that supports my thinking".
I see happiness as a biochemical reaction we seek to trigger/cause.

Someone with a bad mental state, all the money in the world ain't going to help them.
Just that money gets a bad rap about it's ability to trigger happiness.
However a mature/healthy mind? IMO doesn't actually require anything external to be happy.
Most though, I suspect are at the whims of their circumstances.
Well, me too but not as much as I was.
So a healthy mind + money = best chances for a happy life.