• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Appropriate dress

NoraSariah

I'm visiting a Kingdom Hall tomorrow for the first time, and I was wondering what would be appropriate to wear? I also have two wrist tattoos. Should I cover them? Any tips would be helpful. Thank you.

BeeBee

Hi NoraSariah,
Wear what you feel comfortable in. When you arrive there you will find that the men are in suits and the women will be in dresses or a skirt - but you are not obligated in any way to wear a skirt - that is to give you some perspective in what you will see people wearing there - but wear what you feel comfortable with. And no don't hide or cover your tattoos - whilst Jehovah's Witnesses don't actively go out and get tattoos - there are many who have had them before they were baptised and no-one will make you feel awkward or uncomfortable about this - in fact you will feel the warmth of everybody there. Only wear and cover what YOU feel awkward about - everybody has an accepting spirit in the hall. It will be nice to hear how you go.