• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anything non-toxic to drink?

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Fluoridation / Fluoride -- Toxic Chemicals In Your Water
Hidden Danger in Your Drinking Water and Toothpaste / Fluoride and Fluoridated Water's Link to Thyroid Disease
Scientists, Doctors and Researchers warn of fluoridated water dangers

Just google "fluoride in water supply"... you will find that most of the sources agree that fluoride is bad... I don't know how much it takes for it to be bad, but I do know that the amount of fluoride they allow in the water is about 4000 times the amount of lead they allow in the water, and that lead is just as toxic...
And how much phenylalanine and aspartic acid is in there? A neglible amount? Too much? Well, I know from health class that the ingredients are listed in order from the one that constitutes the highest percentage of the product to the lowest, and aspartame is #4 on Diet Dr. Thunder...
Oh, yes, and aspartame is scary. Just like fluoride.
Aspartame: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You
Aspartame Dangers
Sugar is FAR healthier than any artificial substance. At least our bodies know what it is and can process it, unlike high fructose corn syrup. Heck, ants can live off of sugar. The only particularly bad thing about sugar is tooth decay if taken in excess.
Hmm. I remember hearing some controversy over the bovine growth hormone... maybe it caused problems with their beef, not their milk...
Anyways, Fox News is against informing people about bovine growth hormone. If Faux is for the bovine growth hormone, it's probably bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trWcqxrQgcc

Pity they have no basis in rational decision making

Cheers

Erebus

Don't worry yourself too much over toxins, everything we eat drink and breath will contain some form of toxin, it's unavoidable. Ingesting these tiny amounts of toxins is fine, your body can easily deal with it. Remember, we have our liver and kidneys for a reason :)

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
All pee jokes aside, why do you feel that there is plastic in your water? If I am not mistaken, this is based on one of those urban legend emails floating around. Food grade plastic bottles are not water soulable so they will not dissolve into the water held inside them. If they did they would all be leaking, if they even held water at all. One theory is that they melt? Have you ever melted a bottle? It would not be the same shape. I would say this urban myth is busted...

If you don't believe me, buy Perrier. I am not sure if they still are, but they used to be bottled in glass.

Evee

Plastic water bottles do decay a bit over time, especially when they're warm. The disposable ones aren't made to last forever...They're certified "food grade" within a specific time-slot, aren't they?

Anyway, I don't think you should be concerned. I drank flouridated water for the first 16 years of my life and all I have to show for it is healthy teeth...Talk to your dentist to figure out how much is too much (S/He went to med school. S/He'd know), then talk to your municipality to find out how much is in your tap water. It varies from city to city; there is no "they" that puts/allows the fluoride for all cities, everywhere. Then you'll know how much is in the water YOU have, not some made-up town used as proof on the internet.

If you're concerned anyway, just buy organic fruit and juice it yourself. Get a glass hand-juicer and juice it by hand if you don't want to use a plastic one at all. You can grow your own fruits or veggies if you want. More extreme: you can dig your own well and distill the water. Raise your own cows for BGH-free milk (although I bet you can buy this at your local health-food store--I can).

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Plastic water bottles do decay a bit over time, especially when they're warm. The disposable ones aren't made to last forever...They're certified "food grade" within a specific time-slot, aren't they?
I've never heard of such a thing outside of internet emails. Bottles water does come with two dates on it though. There is a date of manufacture and a best by date. These two are usually exactly two years apart.

If you are still unconvinced pick up a water cooler and bring your own 5 gallon bottles to the machine at the grocery store. A new water cooler is less than $100 at WalMart and will also heat water for teas and such. Those bottles are plastic too but you may find some glass ones somewhere.