• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody here grill pork with charcoal?

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

I wonder - should I have it on high heat down by the coals or up on the higher rack and let them smoke...

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I don't eat pork, but make sure it's all the way cooked, because you can get round worms or something from pork that isn't cooked enough, I think.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
High heat by the coals. In my experience, the smoke will dry it out. Bring the temperature of the pork up to 140 F. That's the current serving temperature.

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I wonder - should I have it on high heat down by the coals or up on the higher rack and let them smoke...

Medium...

You dont want it "rare" in the middle and cooked hard on the outside..(not with pork)..or cooked to long where its white on the inside...

But if you are smoking it right?...You can cook(smoke) it on low for 24 hours and its tender and juicy...

Im reffering to a butt...(or shoulder)...

Love

Dallas

A

angellous_evangellous

OK, I marinated pork tenderloin 1/2 inch cut for four hours.

Cooked it at medium heat right over the coals for about 15 minutes a side, then raised them up on the upper rack for 10 minutes to smoke with basting sauce.

YUM

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
OK, I marinated pork tenderloin 1/2 inch cut for four hours.

Cooked it at medium heat right over the coals for about 15 minutes a side, then raised them up on the upper rack for 10 minutes to smoke with basting sauce.

YUM

OOOH yeah...TENDER loin...lean cut...you got the expensive one...

Sounds yummy...

Good job!!

Love

Dallas

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
I like to marinade my meat for a few days. It gets the
flavor really in the meat. If the meat is bigger, I will
marinade longer. High heat then smoke.