• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Zoroastrians here?

Darkwater

The Zoroaster is just scattered then,for the last 2,000 years or so?

For me the Zoroaster is just the way of applied high philosophy in the meta sense,in that it is multidimensional.

Like I say,I feefall into it & loose sight of how/why I am in the period.....Presumably the Kurdish folk of North Iraq/south Turkey are Zoaraster.......the *religion* will have to modernise or die..ie equal rights to all regardless of gender,colour,creed,whatever.....democracy & female emancipation for a start.

I love the Zoaraster.Just get lost,sidetracked & waylaid easily.

When I read the Epic of Gilgamesh,I feel for the people who wrote such a great story about such a horrible tyrant.

GURSIKH

chardi kla
When I read the Epic of Gilgamesh,I feel for the people who wrote such a great story about such a horrible tyrant.

Andy ji

can you summarize that Epic for me !

:zoroast:

Sat shri akaal

Darkwater

Well Gilgamesh was a giant,searching for his *brother* whom he found,after they both tried to destroy themselves.....Once he did this he was happier & went on to do other great things,which did not harass the people as much.

There was also great love in the story,when he met the maiden/priestess by the water(which also took the heat off of the people)

Gilgamesh was *god* in that he was the strongest,biggest,best fighter,best weapons & horse etc so probably smart too,& he was perceived by the Sumarians to be in touch with his divinity.I have no doubt he was *firing on all cylinder's*,being a fully realised being.

So the ancient race carved out his story,in stone,probably after the departure of Gligamesh during the *pendulum swing* from great tyranny to great freedom.All great ancient stories tell of the pains of dyre thralldomm,after which the sweet taste of freedom can only be truly appreciated & savoured,freewill.Freedom.Sometimes freedom or freewill can be taken for granted or abused.( I know of a couple of similar yet different stories)

His excersising *first night* with every bride in the realm,makes me think he viewed people as property as per the(horrible) feudal ways.Which makes me think that the warriors would associate & identify themselves with him & he would have powerful friends,as you do not win any popularity contests among the people as tyrant.

I associate Gilgamesh as the *state of mind* known as "West of Scotland Man",where you are actively encouraged to be a bonny fighter,fearless gambler,passionate lover,singer/dancer/poet,who likes a dram of whisky........basically ON TOP!

A headcase not scared to push the self destruct button.A detached being,an emotional plank of wood and as such very,very sensitive.An Egomaniac,destined to die in battle,murdered or some other brutal end.....or else heart attack/some form of rotting from within.

As such I am in a position to understand him as well as his society,the damage he would cause to his society if one such as him were to be *in control*,or even perceived to be in control or a position of great power.

I love all things Sumarian,the language is wonderful & flows freely from nature as it should.

Sorry if my brief resume of *the Epic* is too brief,I found him to be pretty unremarkable & would probably have crashed a bottle over his skull or stabbed a wall a few times before assassinating him?he was a dirty ****er,I know him like I know an old sock.

Great love,

Sat shri akaal
DW.

Last edited:

Darkwater

Everybody is looking to find their brother?ie someone they can associate & identify with completely....A man's a man,for all that....poet Rabbie Burns...*the man of independant mind*

Robert Burns Country: A Man's A Man For A' That:

Then let us pray that come it may,
(As come it will for a' that,)
That Sense and Worth, o'er a' the earth,
Shall bear the gree, an' a' that.
For a' that, an' a' that,
It's coming yet for a' that,
That Man to Man, the whole world o'er,
Shall brothers be for a' that.

Gilgamesh found another giant,basically.Brotherly Love(not to be confused with brotherly intercourse) :)

Darkwater

Well both being mighty warrior's,initially they fought....for days,from memory....then became good friends & wandered together having victories & conquering,doing their tyrant thing in great self love,according to DNA.

I read it a couple of years ago,maybe need a refresher course.:) ....like a mirror was held up to him,he saw himself in *his brother*....

Almighty God his gift tae gie(give) us,
tae see ourselves as other's see us.

The man's the God,for aw' that.

We are all descendant from the same stock & partaker's of the same nature,to greater & lesser extents..reaping only that which we sow.

I'll read it again,Gilgamesh was mainly about fighting & fornicating....vanity,ego,not in it for *love*,just the *glory* ...not so much shallow as completely superficial .

Great Love,

Andy

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Hello im zoroastrian, and i dont beleive in what the parsis say, conversion is possible.
Hi and welcome. :)

Can you share how one would become a Zoroastrian from another your religion? What ceremony, ceremonies, etc - and do you have any rituals [such as, but not limited to, circumcision, baptism, etc] as rites of passage?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
YES, now we have a Zoroastrian friend Ahura who has joined RF. today.
Read his post
Love & rgds

Aksel Ankersen

Ushta ve

I am another Zoroastrian, I found this site by chance.

As you might guess from my name I am a convert (of Scandinavian descent). However, I have practised Zoroastrianism for more than a year, and nothing before has given me such peace of mind. It is a beautiful religion.

I hope I can contribute something to the thread and answer any questions you may have.

Regards

-Aksel

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Ushta ve

I am another Zoroastrian, I found this site by chance.

As you might guess from my name I am a convert (of Scandinavian descent). However, I have practised Zoroastrianism for more than a year, and nothing before has given me such peace of mind. It is a beautiful religion.

I hope I can contribute something to the thread and answer any questions you may have.

Regards

-Aksel

Welcome to the forum friend. It's cool having another Zoroastrianism follower here. It's one religion that you don't see many people follow. I hope to learn much from both you and Ahura.

Aksel Ankersen

Thank you for your welcome Azakel

Azakel said:
Welcome to the forum friend. It's cool having another Zoroastrianism follower here. It's one religion that you don't see many people follow.
With any luck we will see a revival.

Do you have any specific questions about Zoroastrianism?

Lucian

Theologian
Hey, welcome. Any organized Zoroastrian movement in Scandinavia? Unfortunately I haven't seen any in Finland myself.

Did you convert the same way as Ahura did?

Maybe I should ask this as well: Does Mithra hold any position in Zoroastrianism? Though I guess questions could be asked in another thread...

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Do you use the Avesta still as your holy book? (I bought one after much ado) Also, is Zarathrustra your only prophet? Thanks!

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Aksel Ankersen,
Yes, a hearty welcome to you.
Do share how you turned Zoroastrian and the peace of mind.
Love & rgds

Aksel Ankersen

Hello all and thank you for your interest

Hey, welcome. Any organized Zoroastrian movement in Scandinavia? Unfortunately I haven't seen any in Finland myself.

Did you convert the same way as Ahura did?

Maybe I should ask this as well: Does Mithra hold any position in Zoroastrianism? Though I guess questions could be asked in another thread...

I haven't talked to Ahura yet... so I'm not sure how he came to the religion. I am a convert.

Mithra is mentioned as a yazad of God i.e. one of the powers of God. The word Mitra means that which binds... in an abstract sense Mithra is the essence of light and truth, often identified with the sun and called "thousand eyed" (because the sun "watches" over us all).

Mithra was sometimes worshipped as a deity in his own right, but not in the fundamentals of Zoroastrianism.

Comet said:
Do you use the Avesta still as your holy book? (I bought one after much ado) Also, is Zarathrustra your only prophet? Thanks!
This varies according to the Zoroastrian you ask. I personally accept the younger Avesta (Yasna, Yasht, Gahs etc.). I don't accept the Vendidad as authoritative, or anything that came after including the Sad Dar etc.

I follow only what I know Zoroaster to have personally taught (17 Gathas) and also what was written by Zoroastrians who were contemporaries of the Sage.

Other Zoroastrians may believe in other teachers besides Zoroaster, as suits them. The Sage himself said:

"By Thy perfect Intelligence, O Mazda
Thou didst first create us having bodies and
spiritual consciences,
And by Thy Thought gave our selves the power of
thought, word, and deed.
Thus leaving us free to choose our faith at our own will"

-Yasna 31:11 (D.J. Irani's translation)​

ZenZero said:
Friend Aksel Ankersen,
Yes, a hearty welcome to you.

Do share how you turned Zoroastrian and the peace of mind.

Love & rgds​

I was an atheist (as are my parents) until the age of 19, when I decided I had no answers for any existential problems... I wouldn't say that I was afraid of dying, but I was confused as to what I should do with my life.

Zoroastrianism gave me the answers. I was just thinking about the nature of good and evil (I never really believed in them before) and stumbled upon the dualistic religion of Zoroaster - the sense of purpose and idealism appealed to me, as did the solution to the Epicurean problem of evil, so I decided to convert.

Kind regards

-Aksel