• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Trips On Your Schedule?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Lots of ideas being tossed around for when Covid is over. We have a bigger budget for it now, from saving up for more than a year. Kauai is first, as it's home away from home. Several week long driving trips, eastern Canada, Ireland, Guadeloupe. But who knows? It's a long time away.
I have been to Canada twice (Vancouver Island). Canadians in the rural communities are some of nicest people you will ever meet. :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Tell him he is missing a wonderful time. There is nothing more relaxing than a Hawaiian vacation. I don't know why, but the place really puts a zap on your head.
My husband does not care about wonderful times. All he wants to do is sleep and watch TV. I can barely ever get him to leave the house for grocery shopping, and even than he stays in the car. And no, he is not going to tell me why he does not want to do anything or go anywhere, and he bites my head off if I ask. So I have learned just to leave him alone unless he needs to be involved in something I am doing for the cats or the rental houses.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I am planning camping this summer and would like to visit the Hawaiian Islands in the near future.

View attachment 47014
Photo by Jess Vide from Pexels
My Master told me "you better stay here now, maybe later you won't have the chance"
He did not mention corona, but he was right .. travelling is too much of a hassle now
Glad I listened to Him, and stayed those few extra years, while I got the chance

I am totally fine staying in Full lock down. I have done all the travels I ever wanted, and when I stopped in 2014 I had no desire to make a trip again

But I wish you a great camping in summer in Hawai. Always best to do what you want, and don't postpone too long IMO

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
My husband does not care about wonderful times. All he wants to do is sleep and watch TV. I can barely ever get him to leave the house for grocery shopping, and even than he stays in the car. And no, he is not going to tell me why he does not want to do anything or go anywhere, and he bites my head off if I ask. So I have learned just to leave him alone unless he needs to be involved in something I am doing for the cats or the rental houses.
Leave him behind then and go with a friend.;)

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
But I wish you a great camping in summer in Hawai. Always best to do what you want, and don't postpone too long IMO
Thanks. I will be traveling alone this summer, so I have the option to pick up and go whenever I want. I do, however, enjoy company while traveling.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have been to Canada twice (Vancouver Island). Canadians in the rural communities are some of nicest people you will ever meet. :)
I love Canada and the people, and we do not live very far from Vancouver Island. We used to take the ferry over there and drive around and we stayed a few nights. Growing up, for all my summers as a child the family went to a remote lake in Ontario where we owned a rustic cabin. Those are probably my only fond memories of childhood.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My next big trip is to get shot, er, a shot, next Monday. After that, I'll hunker down and hopefully repeat it in 3-4 weeks.

This summer? God only knows.

Orbit

I'm a planet
We've got a plan to go to the south of France for a language-immersion holiday after all this Covid stuff is over, whenever that may be.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have been dreaming about France since I read the International Living magazine and see that cost of real estate in the rural areas has dropped precipitously.... it's hardly even believable.

Don't i know it, the value of our house has dropped like a stone but i don't really care, where else could we find a 5 bedroom stone built house thats older than some countries and with the most fantastic 360 degree forest views that we can afford?

ChristineM

Premium Member
A Mississippi River cruise is the most I can ever hope for. :rolleyes:
I'd never get my husband to go, so I'd have to travel alone.

I have thought of the Mississippi but need more than the cruise, want the history.

And who needs a hubby when you're having fun? Besides, someone has to look after the cats

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Don't i know it, the value of our house has dropped like a stone but i don't really care, where else could we find a 5 bedroom stone built house thats older than some countries and with the most fantastic 360 degree forest views that we can afford?

Be quiet, You.
My first really great boss (tavern owner) was from France. God, he liked his wine. He had enthusiasm for life.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Leave him behind then and go with a friend.;)
Unfortunately, I do not have a friend to go with, so I'd have to go alone. I might consider going with a group, like on a tour, but I would not travel alone, and I cannot drive alone so road trips are out. I would like to go on a train though, so that is a possibility. I would like to go across Canada on a train, or maybe across the United States.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I am planning camping this summer and would like to visit the Hawaiian Islands in the near future.
I'd like to ride on a train. I never have before. There is a station about an hour from me, but I haven't yet had an occasion to use it. I like subways once in a while, and its been a long time since I've flown. I've no interest in a taxi which to me would be overpriced and redundant, since I can drive. I've no interest in a helicopter, since its probably uncomfortable and loud. Maybe I'd enjoy an electric helicopter if such a thing existed.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Who can make plans with the virus still raging and the country falling apart? :eek:

It seems to me that some people are acting as if everything is going to go back to "the way we were" before the Trump era and the pandemic. I am not so optimistic, but whatever will be will be, and I am not worried either.

I can. It doesn't mean that I will necessarily follow through with them, but there is nothing wrong with planning with cautious optimism.

ChristineM

Premium Member

I have a friend, small time international property developer. Bought a house on Vancouver island in early 2007. The crash hit and it nearly wiped him out.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have thought of the Mississippi but need more than the cruise, want the history.

And who needs a hubby when you're having fun? Besides, someone has to look after the cats
I never go anywhere alone, not even to the grocery store. We are locked at the hip even though we do not always get along that well.

But you are right about the cats and my husband would be happy to stay home and take care of the cats. He could not care less what I do or where I go as long as I don't bother him.... Heck, once many years ago an old boyfriend of mine asked me to go camping and my husband did not even care if I went alone with him..

ChristineM

Premium Member
I'd like to ride on a train. I never have before. There is a station about an hour from me, but I haven't yet had an occasion to use it. I like subways once in a while, and its been a long time since I've flown. I've no interest in a taxi which to me would be overpriced and redundant, since I can drive. I've no interest in a helicopter, since its probably uncomfortable and loud. Maybe I'd enjoy an electric helicopter if such a thing existed.

You need a trip on the Orient Express, the train journey to end all train journeys