• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Pro-Gun Liberals?

EyeofOdin

True but with great power comes great responsibility. There's nothing wrong with gun ownership. Proper training is a must. Proper storage is a must. Proper supervision for many is a must.

Right and I'm not necessarily anti-gun. I mean I don't think that there was any other purpose to hand gun ownership other than to shoot and kill people, but hunting rifles by people who haven't been involved in violent crimes, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Right and I'm not necessarily anti-gun. I mean I don't think that there was any other purpose to hand gun ownership other than to shoot and kill people, but hunting rifles by people who haven't been involved in violent crimes, I don't see anything wrong with that.

My handguns are for shooting people if need be, definitely. Not really for killing though.

Underhill

I own 6 guns and consider myself a moderate liberal. My son and I shoot trap and occasionally take out the rifle for target shooting.

I feel like both sides of the issue are a bit nuts. One side wants no guns, which isn't going to happen (and would make for a mess if they tried it) and the other side seems to be okay with everyone parking an Abrams tank in their driveway. Also a bit nuts.

Permits for pistols and background checks for everything else are all we need. Maybe a bit tighter rules in densely populated areas (I don't know if I would want my neighbors waving guns around if I lived in an apartment building).

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I feel like both sides of the issue are a bit nuts. One side wants no guns, which isn't going to happen (and would make for a mess if they tried it) and the other side seems to be okay with everyone parking an Abrams tank in their driveway. Also a bit nuts.
You have merely presented the extremes of both sides...

Permits for pistols and background checks for everything else are all we need. Maybe a bit tighter rules in densely populated areas (I don't know if I would want my neighbors waving guns around if I lived in an apartment building).
How about they enforce the laws that are already in place?

Underhill

You have merely presented the extremes of both sides...

Exactly right. And among the populace very few people fall in either camp. But in politics it seems to be a different story. I used to be an NRA member. I no longer am because they went from reasonable to extreme over the last decade or so.

How about they enforce the laws that are already in place?

Sounds good.

How?

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Hi guys...interesting topic...but before I jump in I have a couple questions about the Liberal DIR...1)Is it a DIR like the other DIRs...ie if the bosses don't like my posts...they kick me out ???...;)...2)If so...who are the bosses of the Liberal DIR ????

I always have a Glock 9mm under the driver's seat of the van and always will.

Gun control is to me like abortion: if you don't believe in it, don't get one, and otherwise mind your own business.

The gun control panic by hunters, self-defense advocates, etc. stymied much social progress. People were tricked into voting against themselves and as a liberal i have to say it was our own dang fault.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Thanks for the info...I should've known you'd be one of the bosses over in this DIR...:D
No boss here. (In fact, I got kicked out of here, even though I identify as a liberal. So I don't partake in discussions. I just occasionally play pretend mod.) Just familiar with the criteria.

Avi1001

I always have a Glock 9mm under the driver's seat of the van and always will.

Gun control is to me like abortion: if you don't believe in it, don't get one, and otherwise mind your own business.

The gun control panic by hunters, self-defense advocates, etc. stymied much social progress. People were tricked into voting against themselves and as a liberal i have to say it was our own dang fault.
Hey Lynn...I have to sort of agree with you here.....although I think you are confusing the intelligent and the fools...but here we go...I am as much a supporter of the 2nd Amendment as the next guy...but how come they don't need so many guns on the street in Europe as we do here in the US...????

Lynn..?....Lynn...?...why do I get the feeling she was eaten by a whale...???

Last edited:

Avi1001

No boss here. (In fact, I got kicked out of here, even though I identify as a liberal. So I don't partake in discussions. I just occasionally play pretend mod.) Just familiar with the criteria.
NO BOSS...!!!!....in that case, it falls to....the St-ff...!!!...:D

Avi1001

Now, let me make sure I understand....you are a liberal....but you got kicked outta here...by the "real liberals"....the unfortunate thing is...I understand what you mean...;)