• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any plans for Mabon?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
For those who observe Mabon, what are your plans? Do you have any special traditions? I've heard it referred to as the Witches Thanksgiving.

A Thanksgiving of sorts it is. As the second harvest festival it is good to give thanks for the things we have grown and grown from throughout the year.

I plan on doing a home ritual as always, and will possibly make a small feast this year, as I am actually in a house this time :p. (I was in the middle of moving last Mabon).

Oh, and from a Germanic position, I call the holiday Fall-fest. As they really didn't celebrate this holiday, and it's Celtic in origin.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I do some of my usual offerings, around a fire if I can, or just a candle, with some drummingand poetry. It is also the last quarter day before I sacrifice my Summer King effigy on Samhain, so I'll do a special offering for that.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I'll probably do something. I work that day, but I might leave offerings for the spirits and eat something apple related (apple is seen like the Greeks saw pomegranates, as they are a food that the dead are said to eat). Maybe do a fall simmer pot.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I don’t call it “Mabon” anymore, but the Fall Equinox is probably my favorite day of the year, and the one I dedicate to my patron goddess.

I’m going to celebrate my patron goddess and in her honor complete a series of back to back physical fitness challenges throughout the day. I’ll create a music playlist for this time and place, and then get to it. Measure my progress on certain exercises, max out some lifts, time some runs... you get the idea. And then document it. Then I’ll feast and continue celebrating through the night however I choose.

I might do these things during other Sabbats as well. This one however, is the one I hold in highest regard… where I really feel compelled to go all out and hold nothing back.

Last edited: