• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any other Tellurians here?

Tellurian

I am a castaway from the wreck of the History Channel forums, and I am looking for a safe haven. This site was recommended to me as a better alternative to the olde THC HoC. Is this place open to all viewpoints? :)

Acim

Revelation all the time
98% of all viewpoints.

But I don't speak for the 2%, since they are the weirdos and all.

Welcome!

darkstar

The forum, from what I've seen so far, is pretty open. Obviously not everyone agrees on everything. But the beauty is if you post something that someone else doesn't agree to, they ignore your post or you get to debate. (In the proper areas of the forum of course.)

Welcome!

Protester

All the world is mad save for me and thee, and sometimes I wonder about thee. - Old Quaker saying

Oh, Oh, Tellurian made it here? I see there is a section that is for Christians and a separate forum for sparing between atheists and Christians. Ah, Tellurian, hopefully that's the only place I get to see your comments?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Welcome aboard, Tell & Astounded!
The water is fine, & navigation is much better than THC, but will take some getting used to.
I'll frubal you both, so you'll be on your way to having a signature.

This place is friendly to heathens.
And the DIR sections let people discuss things with their fellows without threads being trashed by outsiders.

Oh, to answer your question....there are many Tellurians here, but we also have some foreigners.
Kleeborg has yet to appear though. (You remember him from THC, of course!)

Last edited:

Protester

It seems more than just something to get use to! I left a reply on one thread, and I can't find it!

There also may be more than one Protester, if I knew that I would have picked a different moniker. So, hmm, :-(

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It seems more than just something to get use to! I left a reply on one thread, and I can't find it!

There also may be more than one Protester, if I knew that I would have picked a different moniker. So, hmm, :-(
Greetings, Protester!

Click on your moniker, & select <Find all posts by Protester>. This will list all your existing posts.

What's a Tellurian? I've heard it used in certain contexts, i.e. Evola uses the idea of "tellurian" society as the counterpart to "solar" society, but I don't think this is the same thing.

Tellurian

A Tellurian is just someone from the planet Telluris.

For the ex-members of the THC HoC, I discovered that even though the message boards are gone, I was still able to log in, go to profiles, my home page and PM messages. If anyone wishes they had saved something left behind when they came here, apparently you still have time to go back and save it.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Hi, Telly,

Suppose, just for the sake of argument, that the answer to your question was, "No, there are no other tellurians here?"

;^)

Protester

Thanks Revoltingest, it looks like it will do what you'll say it will do. I don't want to try it yet, because I might not be able to get here again from there?

Ah, Randy Cavetts, Telly and I have had a more than our share of go-arounds on another site, so I feel a little free to give you an idea.

Ah Webster's 1913 Dictionary

TELLURIAN:

Tellurian /Tel·lu´ri·an/ (?), a. [L. tellus, - uris, the earth.] Of or pertaining to the earth. De Quincey.
Tellurian /Tel·lu´ri·an/, n. 1. A dweller on the earth. De Quincey.

Telly, can give you his own definition, but actually the above is quite polite. Now I really do like the above dictionary's definition of Solipsism but, I guess I won't use that, but I think Telly would like the more modern definitions. But really, it's up to user to define himself; and I hope he will do that for you. For example, Protester, might make one think I'm of a political turn of mind, and of course to certain extent I am, but I use that moniker for myself because of my Protestant heritage. You got me explained anyway, something no doubt you were breathlessly waiting to hear about.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For example, Protester, might make one think I'm of a political turn of mind, and of course to certain extent I am, but I use that moniker for myself because of my Protestant heritage. You got me explained anyway, something no doubt you were breathlessly waiting to hear about.
I was. Now I may breathe freely again. Thanx!

Protester

Telly, thanks for the info, though when I logged in the day after HC went nasty and took off its forums, I didn't see even a hint of them there. I may try it again, for kicks.

Now, Telly, neither of us are that sweet and cuddly. See, you should have gotten back here more quickly before I defined you! ;-) Ah, perhaps our paths will cross here on this forum again, though perhaps not in the near future.

Tellurian

protester

You seem to be trying to project your self image onto me. Perhaps you have misinterpreted some of my statements. My sweetness is like syrup upon your waffles. Every day there are those who come to me for cuddles. When I see your comments in the forums you know I will be lovingly correcting your misconceptions. Why? Because I just cannot help but be a sweet, cuddly, loving bringer of enlightenment to the misguided of this world. :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Telly, I hereby request that you start a thread....
"What breakfast food or treat are you?"

I'd do it personally, but I have a reputation to keep here....that of the sensitive & serious intellectual.

Tellurian

Revoltingest

How is the land lord business going? Do you have everyone on your land calling you "lord"?

I suppose that your answer to the question would be that you see yourself as being "number 6" on the menu. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Revoltingest

How is the land lord business going? Do you have everyone on your land calling you "lord"?

I suppose that your answer to the question would be that you see yourself as being "number 6" on the menu. :)
The landlord business blows goats. I'm in foreclosure on 2 properties, & the Royal Bank of Scotland (my lender de jour, owned by the British gov't)
is trying to extort usurious interest from me, while preventing me from getting financing elsewhere. Lousy Brits...we bail their ***** out, & this
scorched Earth policy is how they repay us?
Mostly, I'm called "loser". "No 6" would be better, but could be seen as an insult too.