• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any coders/programmers out there?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I took a Java class in college and I liked it well enough. I recently stumbled onto Codecademy (cool site, by the way) and have worked through the Java section. Problem is... I need to practice more but I am not very good at sitting down and creating small exercises. Does anyone know of a website that might offer small, practice projects for coding languages like this, with an in-browser compiler?

Thanks in advance!

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I took a Java class in college and I liked it well enough. I recently stumbled onto Codecademy (cool site, by the way) and have worked through the Java section. Problem is... I need to practice more but I am not very good at sitting down and creating small exercises. Does anyone know of a website that might offer small, practice projects for coding languages like this, with an in-browser compiler?

Thanks in advance!
"Learn python the hard way"

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I've done most of codecademy's projects, and the java ones are one the few I haven't done. xD

Apparently khanacademy is running some basic java courses, I'm not sure the quality of them as I have not worked on them myself.
Would you reccomend Java as a language? Right now i only know Assembly and AS3 (Stupid languages, I know. Kill me.)
If anyone needs a job in Software Engineering in the DC area, let me know. I have some great contacts here.

Brickjectivity

One
Staff member
Premium Member
Best thing you could do is check reddit for Java learning channels. You will get links to many tutorial sites, schools that compete with code-academy, places to get example code etc.

In addition github is where many people put code for projects they've written, and sometimes there are tutorials.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Thank you for the replies, folks. I will take a look at some of the resources you mentioned. :D