• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any "Black and White" players here???

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The same guys made the classic "Dungeon Keeper" games a few years prior. I would love to see that series resurrected.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Played B&W 2 this year (again), but I still think B&W 1 is more fun than its sequel.

The same guys made the classic "Dungeon Keeper" games a few years prior. I would love to see that series resurrected.
As would I. I love the Dungeon Keeper games.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I've never actually played Populous, although I want to, I've just never got round to buying it. Which one do you recommend getting?

Comicaze247

See the previous line
Hell yeah. Man, I miss that game. It's just too bad the online play took so long, and nobody ever stayed long enough to finish a game . . .

xkatz

Played B&W 2 this year (again), but I still think B&W 1 is more fun than its sequel.

I agree. The creature and it's AI in B&W1 were amazing. The problem is they dumbed down the creature and they reduced the variety of creatures available.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I agree. The creature and it's AI in B&W1 were amazing. The problem is they dumbed down the creature and they reduced the variety of creatures available.
Yeah, I miss the original creature AI. It made it so that each one had their own personality. Now all the creatures are cookie-cutter, and can constantly be manipulated however you wanted.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
You know, you can probably DL B&W1 or find a CD-ROM for it.
I still have the original. But I think it's just too old to run on my current computer. Besides, I grew kinda tired of playing it because of all the bugs. Like that one where the creature would freeze completely.

xkatz

I still have the original. But I think it's just too old to run on my current computer. Besides, I grew kinda tired of playing it because of all the bugs. Like that one where the creature would freeze completely.

I'm not too sure if it works on 7 (since I don't use Windows), but you could give it a try anyways, and then DL the patchs to get rid of some of the bugs (although, B&W1 is still somewhat buggy :p).

On a side-note, I keep on getting stuck at Land 4 because my creature won't raise the 2nd totem :( And I want to get to 5 to get the polar bear (I currently have a 100% angelic leopard). Any advice?

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I'm not too sure if it works on 7 (since I don't use Windows), but you could give it a try anyways, and then DL the patchs to get rid of some of the bugs (although, B&W1 is still somewhat buggy :p).
I still have XP Media Edition at home :p

But yeah, I wish I could find a way to fix ALL the stupid little bugs . . .

On a side-note, I keep on getting stuck at Land 4 because my creature won't raise the 2nd totem :( And I want to get to 5 to get the polar bear (I currently have a 100% angelic leopard). Any advice?
Dunno, it's been a while since I played. But usually, the only way I can get rid of those bugs where creatures refuse to do stuff is to restart, lol.

And personally, I like being a Good God while having an Evil creature. He goes out hunting, and I undo the damage he does, lol.

xkatz

I still have XP Media Edition at home :p

But yeah, I wish I could find a way to fix ALL the stupid little bugs . . .

I don't see why it shouldn't work. I've heard of people playing it on Windows Vista actually.

Dunno, it's been a while since I played. But usually, the only way I can get rid of those bugs where creatures refuse to do stuff is to restart, lol.

That's what I'm basically doing.

And personally, I like being a Good God while having an Evil creature. He goes out hunting, and I undo the damage he does, lol.

My current set up is the other way around. I'm evil and my creature is good. It's the first time I've played opposites, but it seems to play fairly well.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I don't see why it shouldn't work. I've heard of people playing it on Windows Vista actually.
Yeah, I just haven't tried yet.

That's what I'm basically doing.
Yeah, that's what I got frustrated with. I'd make so much progress, but forget to save. Then it freezes on me, so I have to start over >.<

My current set up is the other way around. I'm evil and my creature is good. It's the first time I've played opposites, but it seems to play fairly well.
Yeah, I've heard of doing that too. You go hunting, while your creature takes care of your village.
I remember the B&W clan battles going that way. Evil Gods do damage, Good Gods take care of the villages.

xkatz

Yeah, that's what I got frustrated with. I'd make so much progress, but forget to save. Then it freezes on me, so I have to start over >.<

You know you can quicksave, right?

Yeah, I've heard of doing that too. You go hunting, while your creature takes care of your village.
I remember the B&W clan battles going that way. Evil Gods do damage, Good Gods take care of the villages.

Well, I'm evil but I kind of do both. I build up my own villages, then attack others or send my creature to them.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
You know you can quicksave, right?
I know. But I start to get annoyed with the random interruptions, so I turn off auto-quicksave, but then I forget to quicksave myself >.< lol

Well, I'm evil but I kind of do both. I build up my own villages, then attack others or send my creature to them.
Yeah, my alignment is always fluid depending on what I need to do, though never as fluid as my creature's. It's always kinda difficult as a good god to just increase your influence ring to a size that will allow you to just influence people, so I often send my creature to do it for me. That's one thing about B&W2 that I like, since you don't need to actually be at the village to take it over.