• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Antichrist

allfoak

Alchemist
The all knowing, all seeing, ever present AI.
If that is not the antichrist then please tell me what it is?

allfoak

Alchemist
For someone claiming not to be Christian you sure embrace a lot of their beliefs, specifically about an apocalypse and an antichrist.
I am a student of the hermetic philosophy and I have not come up with any other language to describe what is occuring in the world right now.

Apocalypse means revealing by the way not the end of the world.

Viker

Häxan
I am a student of the hermetic philosophy and I have not come up with any other language to describe what is occuring in the world right now.

Apocalypse means revealing by the way not the end of the world.
It comes from Christian eschatology. Maybe you should be more creative or embrace Jesus Christ if you're so concerned, he's supposedly one's only hope or something.

allfoak

Alchemist
It comes from Christian eschatology. Maybe you should be more creative or embrace Jesus Christ if you're so concerned, he's supposedly one's only hope or something.
This is a debate forum.
It is a good place to learn what I know and what I don't know.
Simple concept.
I subject my views to the cruel world and see what happens.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Does AI have the potential to become the antichrist?

Honestly, a lot of things have the potential for people to point to them and say that they are the antiChrist or fulfill Revelation prophecies - human microchips, AI, the Vatican, etc.

Problem is, with so many options, it's hard to interest those who don't follow the faith or the views on Bible prophecy.

allfoak

Alchemist
I am aware of where these ideas come from.
It makes no difference to me they do not own the words.
And they don't understand their own book .
The problem is that everyone pegs me as Christian for using Greek words like apocalypse.
It is a transliteration of a Greek word that means the revealing.
That is why they call the book revelation.

allfoak

Alchemist
Honestly, a lot of things have the potential for people to point to them and say that they are the antiChrist or fulfill Revelation prophecies - human microchips, AI, the Vatican, etc.

Problem is, with so many options, it's hard to interest those who don't follow the faith or the views on Bible prophecy.
The interest of those who are not christians is what I want.
Christians are a mess.
Can't even talk to most of them.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The interest of those who are not christians is what I want.
Christians are a mess.
Can't even talk to most of them.

Okay.

Well, the way I see it - more so than worrying about Bible prophecy, one has to be careful about pointing to things, anything, and saying that it "fulfills Bible prophecy". Or even taking steps to put the world or society in havoc (religious people doing it), intentionally or unintentionally, in such a way that they can point to it and say "That's the fulfilling of prophecy", when their own ideas about the end-times caused it to happen to begin with. One example of such a situation is if people look for the end, they don't care about the future, which could in turn lead them to do things which lead to a bleak future. They will point to said bleak future and say "that's the fulfilling of prophecy", when their own ideas about the end-times set things in motion, (probably) rendering such an idea about Bible prophecy moot, since it was their own actions and beliefs and hopes for the end-times causing it.

Such a thing even has a name: "Self-fulfilling prophecy"

allfoak

Alchemist
Okay.

Well, the way I see it - more so than worrying about Bible prophecy, one has to be careful about pointing to things, anything, and saying that it "fulfills Bible prophecy". Or even taking steps to put the world or society in havoc (religious people doing it), intentionally or unintentionally, in such a way that they can point to it and say "That's the fulfilling of prophecy", when their own ideas about the end-times caused it to happen to begin with. One example of such a situation is if people look for the end, they don't care about the future, which could in turn lead them to do things which lead to a bleak future. They will point to said bleak future and say "that's the fulfilling of prophecy", when their own ideas about the end-times set things in motion, (probably) rendering such an idea about Bible prophecy moot, since it was their own actions and beliefs and hopes for the end-times causing it.

Such a thing even has a name: "Self-fulfilling prophecy"
I have said nothing about prophecy.
Not even used the word.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
So that's my answer, really, it's: "More likely than the fulfilling of prophecy, will be Christians pointing to a convenient event and saying it fulfilled the (rather vague) prophecies."