• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Antichrist Discussions ~ FFH ~

Popeyesays

Yeah, and I'm especially disappointed no one mentioned Popeye. ;)

"I y'am what I y'am"
~ Popeye (antichrist, the writer behind it) ~

An antichrist will imitate Christ in order to deceive.

"I AM THAT I AM"
~ Jesus (Christ)~

Exodus 3: 14
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Before anyone gets all hot and bothered, an LDS seminary teacher in Salt Lake brought this up in 1984, when I was in high school, attending LDS seminary for four years, during high school, as an elective/release/religious credit or whatever they used to call it....

No heat nor bother.

I would point out that Popeye, the original, says I am what I am." Not I am THAT I am."

To place the immortal Popeye in context the whole phrase is:
"I am what I am, and that's all what I am." That constitutes a statement of limitation.

The statement of God in the burning bush of Sinai is anything BUT a statement of limitation.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

I'm not saying it's not taught in church, just people freak out, in general, when you mention this term or try to talk about it...

It's clearly discussed in the Bible, Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants and has been taught/discussed by many Prophets and Apostles of the LDS church and is included in LDS Gospel Doctrine manuals and many other manuals, magazines and other writings of the LDS church..

The Antichrist is discussed in Baha`i terms as well, like this statement at the home of Howard McNutt in New York in 1912 during Abdu'l Baha's visit to North America:

"Through His death and teachings we have entered into His Kingdom. His essential teaching was the unity of mankind and the attainment of supreme human virtues through love. He came to 6 establish the Kingdom of peace and everlasting life. Can you find in His words any justification for discord and enmity? The purpose of His life and the glory of His death were to set mankind free from the sins of strife, war and bloodshed. The great nations of the world boast that their laws and civilization are based upon the religion of Christ. Why then do they make war upon each other? The Kingdom of Christ cannot be upheld by destroying and disobeying it. The banners of His armies cannot lead the forces of Satan. Consider the sad picture of Italy carrying war into Tripoli. If you should announce that Italy was a barbarous nation and not Christian, this would be vehemently denied. But would Christ sanction what they are doing in Tripoli? Is this destruction of human life obedience to His laws and teachings? Where does He command it? Where does He consent to it? He was killed by His enemies; He did not kill. He even loved and prayed for those who hung Him on the cross. Therefore, these wars and cruelties, this bloodshed and sorrow are Antichrist, not Christ. These are the forces of death and Satan, not the hosts of the Supreme Concourse of heaven.:
(Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 5)

Regards,
Scott

may

:sorry1: wrong answer, asked what Yeshua said not the Pharisee doctrine of John Nicodemus....if you don't know the difference between the Pharisee and Yeshua's words...who is it you are then following?
Jesus spoke these things, and, raising his eyes to heaven, he said: ........................John 17;1 John 17;3

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Jesus spoke these things, and, raising his eyes to heaven, he said: ........................John 17;1 John 17;3
Sorry the gospel of John Nicodemus the Pharisee is not Yeshua (99%), that’s the Anti-Christ (Nicolaitans)…..
At some point, might want too explain all the points that are false.....
Yet since this forum has trouble listening to us, when we come in the name of the lord....
Peace B with U all.

Popeyesays

Sorry the gospel of John Nicodemus the Pharisee is not Yeshua (99%), that’s the Anti-Christ (Nicolaitans)…..
At some point, might want too explain all the points that are false.....
Yet since this forum has trouble listening to us, when we come in the name of the lord....
Peace B with U all.

If God actually protects His word, then one of the Gospels cannot be blatantly anti-Christ.

"If you attain to such a capacity of love and unity, the Blessed Perfection will shower infinite graces of the spiritual Kingdom upon you, guide, protect and preserve you under the shadow of His Word, increase your happiness in this world and uphold you through all difficulties. Therefore, it is my hope that day by day you will become more and more effulgent in the horizon of heaven, advance nearer and nearer toward the Kingdom of Abha, attain greater and greater bounties of the Blessed Perfection. I am joyful, for I perceive the evidences of great love among you. I go to Chicago, and when I return I hope that love will have become infinite. Then will it be an eternal joy to me and the friends in the Orient."
(Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 24)

If the Gospel of John were not true in its essential matters, Abdu'l Baha and Baha`u'llah would not quote its verses and would not count the Gospels amongst the Scirptures of God's religion.

The Gospels, the Qur'an, the Torah are protected in their essence. If I have questions arising from things I do not ujnderstand in those earlier scriptures, i can investigate my answers in the other scriptures and the writings of the Bab, baha`u'llah and Abdu'l Baha and Shoghi Effendi. This enables me to find the truth in all scriptures and discern that which is dubious because it might be outmoded or unclear.

regards,
Scott

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

Tell us in Zechariah 11 that will happen....why rejected by all nations........

What in particular in Zachariah 11? Who rejected by all nations? If you are referring to Christ He was not rejected by all nations, only orthodox extreme of Judaism.

Regards,
Scott

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Zec 11:15-17
(15)
And the LORD said unto me, Take unto thee yet the instruments of a foolish shepherd.
(16) For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, which shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces.
(17) Woe to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.

Christ's teaching are rejected by most...they follow John, Paul and Simon whom are all Pharisees and teach like Balaam (Grace, Grace)...anyone following them are the Anti-Christ's and so why all nations follow it....

Popeyesays

From the Hebrew (not the Greek):

"11,15 And the LORD said unto me: 'Take unto thee yet the instruments of a foolish shepherd. 11,16 For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, who will not think of those that are cut off, neither will seek those that are young, nor heal that which is broken; neither will he feed that which standeth still, but he will eat the flesh of the fat, and will break their hoofs in pieces.' 11,17 Woe to the worthless shepherd that leaveth the flock! The sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye; his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened. {P}
(Nev'im (Prophets), Zechariah (Zechariah))

This IS a Day of Grace, Wiz.

"IV. This is the Day in which God's most excellent favors have been poured out upon men, the Day in which His most mighty grace hath been infused into all created things. It is incumbent upon all the peoples of the world to reconcile their differences, and, with perfect unity and peace, abide beneath the shadow of the Tree of His care and loving-kindness. It behoveth them to cleave to whatsoever will, in this Day, be conducive to the exaltation of their stations, and to the promotion of their best interests. Happy are those whom the all-glorious Pen was moved to remember, 7 and blessed are those men whose names, by virtue of Our inscrutable decree, We have preferred to conceal.
Beseech ye the one true God to grant that all men may be graciously assisted to fulfil that which is acceptable in Our sight. Soon will the present-day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead. Verily, thy Lord speaketh the truth, and is the Knower of things unseen."
(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 6)

It is not the day to worry about the "Foolish Shepher", that day is over.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

Yehesyuah (saiah) speaks of a wise shepherd and identifies that shepher as Cyrus, who took up the cause of Israel and ordered the Temple rebuilt.

"{S} 44,24 Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, and He that formed thee from the womb: I am the LORD, that maketh all things; that stretched forth the heavens alone; that spread abroad the earth by Myself; 44,25 That frustrateth the tokens of the imposters, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish; 44,26 That confirmeth the word of His servant, and performeth the counsel of His messengers; that saith of Jerusalem: 'She shall be inhabited'; and of the cities of Judah: 'They shall be built, and I will raise up the waste places thereof'; 44,27 That saith to the deep: 'Be dry, and I will dry up thy rivers'; 44,28 That saith of Cyrus: 'He is My shepherd, and shall perform all My pleasure'; even saying of Jerusalem: 'She shall be built'; and to the temple: 'My foundation shall be laid.'"
(Nev'im (Prophets), Yeshayahu (Isaiah))