• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-racism sites hit by wave of cyber-attacks

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Is anyone surprised? I hope not.

Cloudflare, which blocks attacks designed to knock websites offline, says advocacy groups in general saw attacks increase 1,120-fold.
That equates to an extra 110,000 blocked requests every second, it said.
Cloudflare, meanwhile, invited at-risk groups to join its free protection programme.

"As we've often seen in the past, real world protest and violence is usually accompanied by attacks on the internet," Cloudflare said in a blog post written by its chief executive and chief technology officer.

"Unfortunately, if recent history is any guide, those who speak out against oppression will continue to face cyber-attacks that attempt to silence them."

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Is anyone surprised? I hope not.

Cloudflare, which blocks attacks designed to knock websites offline, says advocacy groups in general saw attacks increase 1,120-fold.
That equates to an extra 110,000 blocked requests every second, it said.
Cloudflare, meanwhile, invited at-risk groups to join its free protection programme.

"As we've often seen in the past, real world protest and violence is usually accompanied by attacks on the internet," Cloudflare said in a blog post written by its chief executive and chief technology officer.

"Unfortunately, if recent history is any guide, those who speak out against oppression will continue to face cyber-attacks that attempt to silence them."

Its a sad reflection on the state of humanity.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Wow, I misread...I thought it was the other way around.

That really is sad! They need to go! This world’s got gangrene.... bandaids just ain’t gonna work!