• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-gay hate groups in America

Smoke

Done here.
18 Anti-Gay Groups and Their Propaganda | Southern Poverty Law Center

Generally, the SPLC’s listings of these groups is based on their propagation of known falsehoods — claims about LGBT people that have been thoroughly discredited by scientific authorities — and repeated, groundless name-calling. Viewing homosexuality as unbiblical does not qualify organizations for listing as hate groups.​

It speaks volumes about the caution and restraint of the SPLC that the American Family Association and the Family Research Council are only now being listed as hate groups, and the NOM, while it has the attention of the SPLC, has still not been listed.

Duck

The restraint shown does speak volumes about the integrity of SPLC. I was beginning to be concerned that the SPLC was going the way of HRC -- claiming advocacy and watchdog status without any follow up due to the delay in adding AFTAH, FRC, and AFA to their rolls.

Now if we can just convince organizations like CNN, MSNBC and other "journalism" groups that there AREN'T two sides to the debate about equality and to stop giving these hate groups a forum to spout their evil.

The Neo Nerd

"He also met with Ugandan lawmakers. A month after Lively left the country, a bill was introduced that called for the death penalty for certain homosexual acts and prison for those who fail to disclose gays’ identities."

I'd be bombing buildings if Australia passed a law like that.

That's just beyond ridiculous.

-Q

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
From the article:

"He also met with Ugandan lawmakers. A month after Lively left the country, a bill was introduced that called for the death penalty for certain homosexual acts and prison for those who fail to disclose gays’ identities."

Wow. Things like this make me want to cry.
:facepalm:

A quick skim through the article shows that much of it is ridiculous, like groups saying that homosexuality was responsible for Hitler or that homosexuality leads to a rise in crime.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
:facepalm:....groups saying that homosexuality was responsible for Hitler or that homosexuality leads to a rise in crime.
This infidel shall rip asunder
that horrible blaming game blunder.
So at my behest
we'll take credit lest
homosexuals steal our thunder.

Last edited: