• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-choicers: this is the fruit of your labour

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
So how does the morality of destroying a 10 year olds life work? That underdeveloped possibly killing her and the fetus in the process.

Nope, definitely a religious issue, i would pit my morality against any religious view of morality any day of the week.
Why do you insist on pretending we don't have the medical knowledge to be able to determine whether this was an issue, instead of just jumping on the abortion bandwagon?
Again these one in a million cases are a diversion from the reality of the millions killed for convenience.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your support of any abortion for any reason isn't justified by the one in a million exception where a mother may need a medical procedure to save her life.
And I'm quite sure that medical procedure would be allowed in Ohio once it was determined to be a medical necessity. No need for abortions to be legalized for that exception to exist.
And now you are using a strawman argument.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Why do you insist on pretending we don't have the medical knowledge to be able to determine whether this was an issue, instead of just jumping on the abortion bandwagon?
Again these one in a million cases are a diversion from the reality of the millions killed for convenience.

I have made no such claim re medical knowledge so quit with the straw man. You introduced morality and failed now you introduce medical knowledge..

Sheesh, we are talking of a 10 year old girl that is in all probability, not biologically ready to bare children. What medical knowledge do you need to understand the complete balls up this could have on her life?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
I have made no such claim re medical knowledge so quit with the straw man. You introduced morality and failed now you introduce medical knowledge..

Sheesh, we are talking of a 10 year old girl that is in all probability, not biologically ready to bare children. What medical knowledge do you need to understand the complete balls up this could have on her life?
As opposed to adding on the guilt of killing the child?
And you ignored my point completely.

wellwisher

A women's trump card with men is sex. Men will compromise and/or pay in many different ways to have sex. Sex places women in a social top dog position. For this social trump card to be of highest value, it needs to have maximum flexibly and be seen as a monopoly. Marriage is based on monopoly sex. While rape is mostly define as men stealing sex without permission.

Pregnancy has a negative impact on the value of this trump card, since it is harder to sell or lease good and services to men, if a women is pregnant. Men will tend to avoid such women, out of respect, as well as due to fear of complications. This makes it harder for women to play the game and diminishes the value of her trump card. Some women get insecure with the weight gain and may feel the need to under sell which can cause price problems, later.

Abortion on demand is like an athlete who gets injured, but through sports medicine is able to make a fast comeback. The lack of abortion is like season ending injury, that can shorten an already brief season; until the petals fall off the rose. The desperation of the women about lack of abortion seems to be a free market reaction to government regulation that targets their industry and livelihood.

Men used to use force or social domination to dominate the women. This was the male trump card. But regulation appeared to where men had to give up that trump card by law. Now the female trump card is seeing its own limitations, which should help level the playing field. The goal appears to be to restore the nuclear family, and all the social cost savings that this can bring.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A women's trump card with men is sex. Men will compromise and/or pay in many different ways to have sex. This places women in a top dog position. For this trump card to be of highest value, it needs to have maximum flexibly for play and be seen as a monopoly. Marriage is based on monopoly.

Pregnancy has a negative impact on the value of this trump card, since it is harder to sell or lease good and services to men if a women is pregnant. Men will tend to avoid such women due to complications. This make it harder to play the game and diminishes the value of the trump card.

Abortion on demand is like an athlete who gets injured but through sports medicine is able to make a fast comeback. The lack of abortion is like season ending injury that can shorten an already brief season; until the petals fall off the rose.

bundy-al.gif

You are sounding quite a bit like an incel right now. Have you really thought this through?

ChristineM

Premium Member
As opposed to adding on the guilt of killing the child?
And you ignored my point completely.

What point?

It appears you have ignored every one of my points to the extent of changing the subject.

What child? If you are talking of killing the embryo or fetus, yes i guess there is guilt involved. People i know who have had abortions will remember it all their lives.
Of course you will feel no guilt if a 10 year old girl dies in childbirth. Bof!!! You job is done.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
A women's trump card with men is sex. Men will compromise and/or pay in many different ways to have sex. Sex places women in a social top dog position. For this social trump card to be of highest value, it needs to have maximum flexibly and be seen as a monopoly. Marriage is based on monopoly sex. While rape is mostly define as men stealing sex without permission.

Pregnancy has a negative impact on the value of this trump card, since it is harder to sell or lease good and services to men, if a women is pregnant. Men will tend to avoid such women, out of respect, as well as due to fear of complications. This makes it harder for women to play the game and diminishes the value of her trump card. Some women get insecure with the weight gain and may feel the need to under sell which can cause price problems, later.

Abortion on demand is like an athlete who gets injured, but through sports medicine is able to make a fast comeback. The lack of abortion is like season ending injury, that can shorten an already brief season; until the petals fall off the rose. The desperation of the women about lack of abortion seems to be a free market reaction to government regulation that targets their industry and livelihood.

Men used to use force or social domination to dominate the women. This was the male trump card. But regulation appeared to where men had to give up that trump card by law. Now the female trump card is seeing its own limitations, which should help level the playing field. The goal appears to be to restore the nuclear family, and all the social cost savings that this can bring.

Really? Sounds to me like you are jealous of what women have to impose restrictions on them.

c0c7e14cc65c6060812e20e8dab95562.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And the "only a few" argument, again.
And disregarding reality.
What I loved earlier was that his claim of trying to ensure the abortion rights of a ten year old when abused is supporting pregnancy at a young age. I am fascinated in the thought process that led to that. Does he think that ten year old girls plot to have sex?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
What point?

It appears you have ignored every one of my points to the extent of changing the subject.

What child? If you are talking of killing the embryo or fetus, yes i guess there is guilt involved. People i know who have had abortions will remember it all their lives.
Of course you will feel no guilt if a 10 year old girl dies in childbirth. Bof!!! You job is done.
I addressed the possible medical issues already. You are not addressing anything I said.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Oh I understand it quite well. You still do not get it. The fetus is not a person now, it could, please note the word "could" become one, but there is no guarantee of that nor is there a right to that.

You are trying to invent rights that do not exist and you are ignoring rights that do exist.
Your argument doesn't hold water. I suppose when your wife got pregnant you never referred to your baby being inside of her?
He is a person, unless you don't want him then he conveniently becomes something else. A toad perhaps.