• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

answer my claims

muslim21

the bible has many contradictions even if it has one it is disproved to the word of god
so please answer my claims

2 kings ch.8 v. 26: Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign;

2chronicles ch.22 v.2: Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign

if we take it that he was 42 when he began to reign then another contradiction appears

2 chronicles ch.21 v. 20 Thirty and two years old was he when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem eight years

his son becomes king at age of 42 , how can a son be 2 years older than the father

Popeyesays

the bible has many contradictions even if it has one it is disproved to the word of god

2 kings ch.8 v. 26: Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign;

2chronicles ch.22 v.2: Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign

if we take it that he was 42 when he began to reign then another contradiction appears

2 chronicles ch.21 v. 20 Thirty and two years old was he when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem eight years

his son becomes king at age of 42 , how can a son be 2 years older than the father

If the Qur'an had had more than a single Reciter, there would havbe been inconsequential discrepancies in it as well.

Regards,
Scott

Jeremy Mason

The answer is
2 Chronicles 22:2
Ahaziah was twenty-two [a] years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem one year. His mother's name was Athaliah, a granddaughter of Omri.

What Bible did you use?

kai

ragamuffin

whats your point? there are many translations of a collection of witings called the bible are you saying tht all Qurans in the world in all translations are the same and have no inconsistancies?

hoodedhess

Here's a list of contradictions in the Quran that I know of;

1. In Sura 3:42, 45 SEVERAL angels appear to Mary in the annunciation of the birth of Jesus.
In Sura 19:17-21 only ONE angel appears to the virgin Mary.
2. In Sura 22:47 and 32:5 Allah's day is equal to 1,000 human years.
In Sura 70:4, Allah's day is equal to 50,000 human years.
3. In Sura 41:30 and 57:21 there is said to be only one garden in Paradise.
In Sura 18:31, 22:23, 25:33, and 78:32 there are many gardens in Paradise.
4. Sura 56:7 says there will be three distinct groups of people at the Last Judgment.
Sura 90:18-19 and 99:6-8 say there will be two distinct groups at the Last Judgment.
5. Sura 32:11 The angel of death, Sura 47:27 The angels (plural)
Sura 39:42 "It is Allah that takes the souls at death"
6. Sura 35:1 Angels have 2, 3, or 4 pairs of wings
The angel Gabriel had 600 wings. (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 455)
7. Sura 54:19 - One day
Sura 41:16 & 69:6,7 - several days
8. Sura 7:54, 10:3, 11:7, and 25:59 all clearly state that God created "the heavens and the earth" in six days.
Sura 41:9-12, the detailed description of the creation procedure, add up to eight days.
9. Sura 2:29 says the earth was created first and then heaven.
Sura 49:27-30 says the heaven was created first and then the earth was created.
10. Sura 41:11 states that in the process of creation heaven and earth were first apart and are called to come together.
Sura 21:30 states that they were originally one piece and then ripped apart.
11. Surah 18:89-98 says Alexander the Great was a devout Muslim and lived to a ripe old age.
Historical records show that Alexander the Great died young at 33 years of age. He believed he was divine and forced others to recognize him as such. In India on the Hyphasis River Alexander erected twelve altars to twelve Olympian gods.
I don't see why you have the need to point out contradictions in the Bible, you should be pointing out the ones in the Quran the supposed "perfect and holy book" God Bless.

Troublemane

1. In Sura 3:42, 45 SEVERAL angels appear to Mary in the annunciation of the birth of Jesus.
4. Sura 56:7 says there will be three distinct groups of people at the Last Judgment.
Sura 90:18-19 and 99:6-8 say there will be two distinct groups at the Last Judgment.
8. Sura 7:54, 10:3, 11:7, and 25:59 all clearly state that God created "the heavens and the earth" in six days.
Sura 41:9-12, the detailed description of the creation procedure, add up to eight days.
10. Sura 41:11 states that in the process of creation heaven and earth were first apart and are called to come together.
11. Surah 18:89-98 says Alexander the Great was a devout Muslim and lived to a ripe old age.
Historical records show that Alexander the Great died young at 33 years of age. He believed he was divine and forced others to recognize him as such. In India on the Hyphasis River Alexander erected twelve altars to twelve Olympian gods.
I don't see why you have the need to point out contradictions in the Bible, you should be pointing out the ones in the Quran the supposed "perfect and holy book" God Bless.

Wow those are good quotes. That pretty much ends the debate.:D

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

So the answer to a Muslim's claim that there are contradictions in the Bible is make claims of contradictions in the Quran?

[Sarcasm]
Such debating skills are so far beyond anything we mere mortals here at RF have seen...
[/sarcasm]

muslim21

point 1) the word used is malaika in the 3 chapter , in the 19 th its rooh( spirit)

2) the word used in the quraan is yowm or ayaam( 1 is singular and other plural which has 2 meanings 1 is day and another is hippox(period) so one place so it could be 100 years also.
you are lying in ch.70 v.4 it says its 50000 years for the angels not the humans read the translation again

3) it says in ch. 57 v. 21 it is talking to the individual and if you had read the translation you would realsie that too, an individual has a garden to himslef

in 18:31 in says for them will be the gardens of paradise so its talking about a group of people

4) in 56:7 it says there will be 3 groups refering to 3 good groups one who is very close to god
the ones who are exalted and those who are righteous

in ch.90 v.18-19 it does not talk about 2 different groups it talks about the punishment for those who reject islam so again you have lied

in ch. 99 v. 6-8 it does not say 2 groups it says everyone will be in different groups depending ypon your deeds etc. so you have lied again

5) ch. 47 v. 27 in the Arabic language all things are either masculine or feminine so because this word is plural it isnt actually feminine but it has the ending letter of a feminine object so thats the
reason its got an s on the end

ch. 39 v. 42 allah takes souls at death yes all the souls are taken out at his command so indirectly it is him who takes them out , its like if you pay a hit man to kill someone you would also get arrested for manslaughter because you were connected to his death

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
point 1) the word used is malaika in the 3 chapter , in the 19 th its rooh( spirit)

2) the word used in the quraan is yowm or ayaam( 1 is singular and other plural which has 2 meanings 1 is day and another is hippox(period) so one place so it could be 100 years also.
you are lying in ch.70 v.4 it says its 50000 years for the angels not the humans read the translation again

3) it says in ch. 57 v. 21 it is talking to the individual and if you had read the translation you would realsie that too, an individual has a garden to himslef

in 18:31 in says for them will be the gardens of paradise so its talking about a group of people

4) in 56:7 it says there will be 3 groups refering to 3 good groups one who is very close to god
the ones who are exalted and those who are righteous

in ch.90 v.18-19 it does not talk about 2 different groups it talks about the punishment for those who reject islam so again you have lied

in ch. 99 v. 6-8 it does not say 2 groups it says everyone will be in different groups depending ypon your deeds etc. so you have lied again

5) ch. 47 v. 27 in the Arabic language all things are either masculine or feminine so because this word is plural it isnt actually feminine but it has the ending letter of a feminine object so thats the
reason its got an s on the end

ch. 39 v. 42 allah takes souls at death yes all the souls are taken out at his command so indirectly it is him who takes them out , its like if you pay a hit man to kill someone you would also get arrested for manslaughter because you were connected to his death
So they are mistranslations?

hoodedhess

Ok let me explain myself. Most ( not all ) questions like this are based on a comparative of the Holy Bible vs. the Quran. Basically a religious ******* contest of who's book is true and who's isn't. Ask most muslims or their clerics and they will say and deny strongly that the Quran is perfect and has no inconsistacies and that makes their book the one true book. This does go both ways though as most christians say the same thing about the bible. So if this was the basis of his question ( the "why" he/she is asking ) I figured that I would post some interesting and contradictory things in the Quran. If I was reading too much into his/her question then my bad. Yes the Bible does have contradictions in it. So what. What is your motivation for asking this question muslim21 ?

muslim21

6) ch. 35 v.1 angles have upto 4 wings
and gabriel has 600 its ljike saying humans have 2 eyes but a1 month ago a girl was born with one eye. so because of his status god gave him more

7) in 54:19 the day which is used is an indefinite day refer to abdullah yusuf ali commentatory
the other one is days becaus ethe punishment was for 7 days so god maybe was refering to one particular day maybe how they reacted on the first day they thought it was a rain cloud but ti was punishment but the first verse means a day is a epoch

8) the word used in the quraan is ayaam meaning days but this day is refering to an epoch
again the word is yowm as i told you but this verse is refering to the primal creation of the earth

9)you have lied again in ch.2 v. 29 it says allah has created for you the things on the earth all the natural things the design comprehended the heavens not that the earth was created first

in ch. 49 there are only 18 verses so you have lied and given me a wrong reference again

10) in ch. 41 its talking about the heavens and the earth in 21:30 it is talking how god made the earth so you are again misquoting

11)you have again lied, the arabic word is zulqarnain not alexander the great it is talking about gog and magog about the people wen to zulqarnain to ask him to help them from gog and magog

muslim21

if i hurt i any Christians feelings i apologize i didnt do this so i could cause a commotion i wanted to see what reply i would get becos i have quite a few christians friends we discuss islam and christianity so i ask them to explain but i dont get a appropriate answer so i was wondering if ic ould get one on here

muslim21

well that muslim isnt a muslim he is a non muslim, but because you have a biased mind you didnt bother checking up you probably got it from faith freedom

muslim21

no every cleric will say that quraan has no errors becuase the quraan says if we didnt create the quraan with care then there would of been many contradictions there isnt a single unbiased person
who can point out a error in the quraan

hoodedhess

anyways muslim21 how can I be biased when I openely recognise contradictions in the bible ? And am NOT A CHRISTIAN.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate

Do you honestly believe that something like this is going to convince someone that Christianity is wrong and Islam is right? Jeez louise.

kai

ragamuffin
go and find an original manuscript, learn the language its written in, then come back and tell us the inconsistancies and i might take some notice.