• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another view from the outside.

Nehustan

Judgement Day said:
Just to point out one thing: Islam is not the one that has the negative side, it is us, humans which made such faulty history(if you may read my post again) to go against Quran.

And I deeply apologize for charging you with such irreponsible manners. Maybe you need to put the word 'Islam' on your profile so people would know. Forgive me, brother?
Hey bro no problem, at least you didn't use the 'k' word. If I hope that 'Allah Al Rahman Al Raheem Al Ghaffur', then i would be wise to at least try the pale imitation of forgiveness we can manage as humans. I really didn't want an argument. As Salaam Alaykum wa Rahmat Allah wa Barakhatu.

:)

Judgement Day

Nehustan said:
Hey bro no problem, at least you didn't use the 'k' word. If I hope that 'Allah Al Rahman Al Raheem Al Ghaffur', then i would be wise to at least try the pale imitation of forgiveness we can manage as humans. I really didn't want an argument. As Salaam Alaykum wa Rahmat Allah wa Barakhatu.
Right on, brother :woohoo:! Wa'alaikum Salam Warahmatullahi Wabarokatu.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
flysky said:
Are u a missionary? Because you tend to ask the questions the same way as most Missionaries do. (that is to play with peoples' minds and confuse them, since missionaries can't find any faults in Holy Quran)
Brother flysky, everything in islam is clear and we have no doubt about it and we have no sort of mystries within our law.

Everybody is welcome to post questions in here and we will try our best to help even though we are not scholars as brother Nehustan stated before me.

peace .. :)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Brother Nehustan, I don't think brother JD meant to say that you are not Muslim just because of the word "I was" but only because he still didn't deeply read about this case in islam and also because you didn't stated that you are Muslim in the title of the religion so he thought maybe you are just trying to answer somthing from what you read about Islam as an outsider.

Nehustan said:
In answer to what historically happened to people who recanted their 'faith' it really depended on the level of their knowledge and their intention. This state has a name in Islam, where apostacy is known as Murtad, the ultimate punishment for which was execution. This said however the ultimate sanction of the law is seldom meted out upon the guilty. If the person was a simple man who spoke to no one (if he didn't speak about it no one would know, but that's another argument) the punishment would have been simple, merciful, and with that persons general well being taken into consideration. If however the person was well educated and used heresy and apostacy as a method of sedition within the Islamic Nation (ummah) then after several warnings the maximum penalty would be effected, quite similar to treason and sedition laws in many contemporary nations.

I hope this answers your questions.
I think this is well comperhnsive answer for the question from my own understanding but of course brother JD, if you have any source for the opposite point view you can bring your source" Daleel" that you are right whether from what Allah said in Quran or from any Hadith which said "murtad" in the way how brother Nehustan explainedis ONLY sinfull.

I hope that you will read more about it and share with us what you have got soon.

We all are learning from each other here and we are not perfect. We just try our best in here based in our understanding; ONLY through Quran, Sunnah and Scholars explaining for Allah's law.

Allah knows best .. :)

Judgement Day

First of all, this was all just a miunderstanding. I misunderstood, took it for granted, and got carried away. Sham on me :bonk:

Secondly, Im not a type of guy who can express his thoughts neatly, I like to jump around, so people might not get what I intended to say :biglaugh:

Last but not least, Im the one that should be saying to myelf that I dont have a deep understanding in Islam, not you brother Nehustan. :banghead3

Put all the blame on me :149:

Wasalam

Nehustan

Hey there's no blame here Judgement Day, this forum and particularly this part of the forum is for people to discuss and learn, Islam in this section. Actually I have not really ever spoken to you before, so all I consider yesterday was a first meeting, and it has not left me with a negative view of you at all. People can learn just as much (sometimes more) by listening to/watching a debate as engaging in it,and to my mind that is all that happened yesterday, we had a disagreement/debate/discussion which was amicably resolved, so it's all good.

Judgement Day

True...True...As we live through our lives, we learn more and more. Learning makes us a better human. Until we die, we dont stop learning. Learning is very important in Islam:

In Islam, the act of learning itself is considered an act of worship, provided that it is within God’s limits and with a good motive behind it.

The very first word revealed in the Qur’an was “Read.”

Asserting the importance of learning in Islam, the Qur’an and the prophetic tradition encourage learning. The very first word reveled in the Qur’an wasiqra’ (read) (Al-`Alaq 96:1). In the first few verses of this same surah (chapter), teaching is mentioned twice and the pen is mentioned as one of the tools of learning.
One verse says what means
[The erudite among His bondmen fear Allah alone. Lo! Allah is Mighty, Forgiving.] (Fatir 35:28)
This means that people who have the right knowledge and sincerity to study carefully and objectively would be more cognizant of God’s power and mercy and would be more God-fearing than those who are ignorant.
Another verse says what means
[Allah will exalt those of you who believe, and those who are given knowledge, in high degrees; and Allah is Aware of what you do.] (Al-Mujadilah 58:11)
The verse does not specify the type of knowledge that a person is supposed to learn because, in Islam, any beneficial knowledge to mankind is considered a way of getting higher degrees.
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) informs us in one of his sayings that the angels extend their wings for people who seek knowledge, which shows the importance of sincerely seeking knowledge and how the angels are pleased and satisfied with that act.
In that sense, learning in order to build a balanced civilization that combines material and moral progress is actually a duty incumbent upon every Muslim, both male and female.

shytot said:
So I still do not understand, and I suppose I never will, not having been brought up
a Muslim.
Something puzzles me, do you feel lucky to have been chosen by fate to be brought
up a Muslim, after all you might have been brought up in one of a hundred religions.
I too was raised Christian, but fortunately was guided to Islam. If you have an open heart, an open mind, and seek truth, you may be guided as well.

shytot said:
So I still do not understand, and I suppose I never will, not having been brought up
a Muslim.
Something puzzles me, do you feel lucky to have been chosen by fate to be brought
up a Muslim, after all you might have been brought up in one of a hundred religions.
I too was raised Christian, but fortunately was guided to Islam. If you keep an open heart, an open mind, and seek truth, you may be guided as well.