• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Introduction :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am wondering if there is a faithful Jehovah's Witness who will explain why the people of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses are another class of people from the rest of us. They say they aren't, but they say we should treat them as though they aren't human. (By putting faith in every word they say)

Psalms 146:3 3 Do not put your trust in princes*Nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation.+
Genesis 6:5 5 Consequently, Jehovah saw that man’s wickedness was great on the earth and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time.+
Genesis 8:21 21 And Jehovah began to smell a pleasing* aroma. So Jehovah said in his heart: “Never again will I curse* the ground+ on man’s account, for the inclination of the heart of man is bad from his youth up;+ and never again will I strike down every living thing as I have done.+
Jeremiah 17: 9 9 The heart is more treacherous* than anything else and is desperate.*+

Kent856

I am wondering if there is a faithful Jehovah's Witness who will explain why the people of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses are another class of people from the rest of us. They say they aren't, but they say we should treat them as though they aren't human. (By putting faith in every word they say)

Thanks for the question :)

The governing body is simply a means to organize and direct the entire network of congregations throughout the world, so that we may all be united in teachings and belief. The members of the governing body meet each week to discuss important matters that come with running such a vast organisation which includes many moving parts, (printing, distribution, translation, missionary service, relief work, construction, medical liaising, lawful disputes etc).

We can see in scripture that there was a similar group of faithful Christians in the first century. This group made up from the older men and the apostles, would debate important topics and come to decisions.

I encourage you to read Acts 15, which goes into some detail the procedure that was undertaken to decide that circumcision was no longer a necessary requirement.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the question :)

The governing body is simply a means to organize and direct the entire network of congregations throughout the world, so that we may all be united in teachings and belief.
THEIR beliefs and teachings. THEY decide how you should view each scripture.

Kent856

THEIR beliefs and teachings. THEY decide how you should view each scripture.

Yes, maybe so :) Anyone who becomes a Jw does so because he or she agrees with how we interpret the bibles message. Those who disagree do not become Jws. No one forces us. It's the case with every single religion in the world. I chose this one because I believe it has the most accurate interpretation of the bible.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, maybe so :) Anyone who becomes a Jw does so because he or she agrees with how we interpret the bibles message. Those who disagree do not become Jws. No one forces us. It's the case with every single religion in the world. I chose this one because I believe it has the most accurate interpretation of the bible.
You say, "most accurate". I think that according to Jehovah God the most of anything in the world is not good enough. Matthew 5:48
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 6:22 The eye is the lamp of the body. If your vision is clear, your whole body will be full of light.
Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil [not right] good, and good
evil; Who substitute darkness [falsehoods] for light [trueness] and light [trueness] for darkness [falsehoods]; Who substitute bitter [a lie] for sweet [the truth] and sweet [the truth] for bitter [the lie]

2 Thessalonians 2:10-11 2 Timothy 4:4The truth is,and history proves it to be true, that man can not lead, but the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses (men) lead you to believe what they want you to believe.​

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I didn't say they couldn't do it o_O
OK. So, yes, The Holy Spirit speaks to me. YOUR men say that they, "reason from the scriptures".

I do not reason from the scriptures. If I hear something new, then I check scripture to see if it is The Holy Spirit speaking or if it isn't.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Indeed we do :) we pray for Holy Spirit for guidance as well.
That is not what I do. I listen to The Holy Spirit, but I do not believe everything I think I hear.

What does, "they HEAR my voice" mean to you? John 10:27

Kent856

What does, "they HEAR my voice" mean to you? John 10:27

You can interpret that how you wish, but I wish to ask why would Jesus choose you and not me? Or anyone else that has not heart him?

I for one believe Jesus speaks to us through the written record of the Bible. We have the gospels from multiple apostles to recount many of Jesus' sayings and works for us today.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, at the very least, JWs make funny. They say, Jesus is the head of the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, but he doesn't talk to us.

They say the Bible is the Jehovah's Witnesses constitution and that, "by prayer and using our constitution, God’s word, we would go through the scriptures and see if there was any biblical principle at all that would influence our decision"

http://www.anointedjw.org/#!tk-guardians-of-doctrine-and-other-str/cta9

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You can interpret that how you wish, but I wish to ask why would Jesus choose you and not me? Or anyone else that has not heart him?

I for one believe Jesus speaks to us through the written record of the Bible. We have the gospels from multiple apostles to recount many of Jesus' sayings and works for us today.
Good question! I was actually going to answer this before you asked it, but wisdom said, "wait".

Matthew 13:12
James 1:5

When a person becomes a JW he or she adopts JW dogma. When that happens, he or she stops asking God to know truth and righteousness and learns to ask for the wisdom to spread JW doctrine better.

"...[...]...When a person becomes a JW he or she adopts JW dogma. When that happens, he or she stops asking God to know truth and righteousness and learns to ask for the wisdom to spread JW doctrine better.
What a whole scale outright lie all taken down by just a single letter. Which reply is better: A. Is that the rapture? B. It sounds more like BlackLivesMatter C. The world is full of criminals who still say nothing else matters. D. The monkeys can even make chatter. E. The enemy is everywhere.

Did you know that some of your posts say things which should never be said anywhere? Well they are. They got even ruder. He is a Bible believer and you speak of baptisms with what included as if this is all for the cursers. The Bible simply says it is sick of yours. They make up some of the very best families! So what talks?

Status
Not open for further replies.