• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

**Animals**

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Heaven is paradise..And in my paradise there are animals..

If there are angels in Heaven???...Why not would there be animals?..Angels arent human either..

Blessings

Dallas

despi

Humans and animals will live in peace on this earth according to Isaiah 11: 6-9

I couldn't imagine Heaven without my furry coated family either!

:puppy::kat::bkcat:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I tend to be a little less than enthusiastic about the term "spirit". The simple fact is that the human animals is not the only kind of being emerging from what can be regarded as "soul". Physical being is essentially the physical manifestation of "soul" in physical clothing.

I agree with Kathryn and will be met by my long dead, but much loved, German shepard cross, MaXx. I already perceive him faithfully sitting beside my slumbering self image complete with leash. What I won't understand at first is that the leash is more to keep me from getting "carried away" and not for me to reign him in.

Aside from this, in regards to the OP, simply ignore the so-called thinking of your teacher on this topic. It's not likely they would understand "spirit" if one bit them on their generously ample buttocks. Animals are made of energy, just like us, it's just that in our inherent insecurity we deem to place them lower than ourselves on the spiritual ladder. Heaven forbid the thought that they are beyond us, eh?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The notion that a person can be reborn as an animal is popular Hindu folklore, like the notion in Christiality that a person becomes an angel after death.
Transmigration is a one-way street. You don't go backwards, though you may stagnate for a long time at a particular level.
A human won't be reborn as an elephant. An elephant won't be reborn as a bear, &c.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Transmigration is a one-way street. You don't go backwards, though you may stagnate for a long time at a particular level. A human won't be reborn as an elephant. An elephant won't be reborn as a bear, &c.
You lost me. Who determined the "levels"? If an elephant won't be reborn as a bear, might a bear be reborn as an elephant?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Who determined the levels:? Rishis, sages, Hindu "theologists."

They're all probably mad, of course. With no more empirical evidence backing them up than their is for the heirarchy of angels proposed by Roman Catholic theologists.
Best pay no attention to either.

A bear can be reborn as an elephant, but not vice versa. They are at different spiritual levels.
An elephant can be reborn as a monkey, tiger, wolf or rat, for example, as these are on the same spiritual evolutionary level. Such lateral moves are common.
Any of these can also progress to a higher level, ie: the one currently represented only by hominids. They will not retrogress to flatworms or bears.

Isn't Hindu mythology/theology colorful? We've got it all over those sober, boring Buddhists. :D

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
A bear can be reborn as an elephant, but not vice versa. They are at different spiritual levels.
That's interesting! I had no idea how that worked. Would you mind listing a bunch of animals (as many common ones as you would be willing to) and what spiritual levels they're at? I'm really intrigued.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's interesting! I had no idea how that worked. Would you mind listing a bunch of animals (as many common ones as you would be willing to) and what spiritual levels they're at? I'm really intrigued.

LOL! You might be taking me too seriously, katzpur. I have no idea how that works either, [mods, we need a tongue-in-cheek smilie]. I'm just mindlessly spouting something I learned from a Holy Man.
No-one's ever actually conducted any serious scientific research into this phenomonon, so it's probably best to consider it folklore, like any other unsupported theology.

By convention, there are only a handful of animals highly evolved enough to make the jump to a human body: cows, elephants, monkeys &c. Where everyone else stands on the ladder I have no idea. I've never seen the Handbook.

:angel2:

Sk8Joyful

What does everyone think happens to our animal babies after death? Do they have a soul or spirit?
Yes, each animal has a Soul-Mind :yes: . Too many (1000's) of animals, including wild ones, & also insects - have communicated that, to
individuals aka "Animal-communicators"

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
:eek: * hides face in embarrassment * Darn you, Seyoni.

No, no Katzpur. I wasn't making it up. It's real theology. I'm just saying that, as with most theology, there is little or no empirical evidence supporting it and, thus it should not be accepted as true. :rainbow1: