• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angels

turk179

I smell something....
I just wanted to get your perspective on angels and what they are and where they come from.
I believe that there are three different types of angels. Seraphims and cherubims, Dominions and lastly Principalities like Michael, Gabriel, Uriel and Raphael. I believe they come from the spirit realm but all in all are just another aspect of the Lord and Lady or further yet the One.
Well anyways, your thoughts?

Scott1

turk179 said:
Seraphims and cherubims, Dominions and lastly Principalities like Michael, Gabriel, Uriel and Raphael.
Cool! I love angels... do you have a second to explain what you believe the different types "do" ... their functions/jobs if any.

Thanks!
S

turk179

I smell something....
Scott1 said:
Cool! I love angels... do you have a second to explain what you believe the different types "do" ... their functions/jobs if any.

Thanks!
S
Sure:bounce . I believe that seraphims are angels of pure love and thought and cherubims are angels of harmony and wisdom of the One and there are also thrones which are angels of will and justice.
Dominions are angels of wisdom and intuition and then there are angels of virtue over choice and movement and angels of power over form
Principalities which are angels of personality and time. Arch angels messenger angels and guardian angels which are all pretty well known.
Hope that doesn't sound to weird.:D

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Turk, I'm impressed! Something to think about, and I very much like your descriptions. Got to pass out more karma 1st. :D

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
Well Hmmm! Think I may need to ponder on this one.
I do how ever think they are of a spirit realm.​
I don't know a whole lot about them, only my Guardian Angel, but now she is spiritual.
Gosh you got my mind boggling here lol.​

turk179

I smell something....
Evenstar said:
Well Hmmm! Think I may need to ponder on this one.
I do how ever think they are of a spirit realm.​
I don't know a whole lot about them, only my Guardian Angel, but now she is spiritual.
Gosh you got my mind boggling here lol.​
Keep in mind my thoughts on this subject are not of the typical thought process. Of course you could say that about pretty much anything I think of:eek: . There are no wrong answers just wonderful opinions:D.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
turk179 said:
Keep in mind my thoughts on this subject are not of the typical thought process. Of course you could say that about pretty much anything I think of:eek: .
Ah! but this is the Aquarian trait Turk :D

Mike182

Flaming Queer
very good posts turk, im impressed :D need to hand out some karma first though :(

im not sure what i think about this, i guess they are of a spirit realm, forms of the lord and the lady

im open to other oppinion though

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
This is what I love about Wicca. Turk, Mike, Rebecca... And Fluffy, when he arrives... Great discussions... Michel, you are part Wicca... Or, as Rebecca thinks, it's your Aquarian side.

Vanguard17

first off, i got to say that i love this thread...

also...there are nine full groups of angels, called choirs...

i will list them in order of occurrence

1. Angels

2. Principalities

3. Archangels

4. Powers

5. Virtues

6. Dominions

7. Thrones

8. Cherubim

9. Seraphim

these go least to greatest, with Angels being closest to us and the Seraphim being closest to God. Each choir is in charge of different things, and none should be mocked.........