• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Angels and Guides

Master Vigil

Yes we all have guides. We interpret them in different ways. The different angels were seen to be mediaries between humans and god, not necessarily guides. That is a fairly new concept. In some practices spirit guides can be animals, plants, etc... They can be called totems, angels, spirit guides, spirit protectors, etc...

cardero

Citizen Mod
Lightkeeper said:
Do you believe in angels and do we have guides?
I do not believe that spiritual guides guide us as much as they cleverly, delicately “nudge” us towards significant situations.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I like to think I have a guide; maybe it's something inside me, but sometimes I seem to find myself doing the opposite of what I would normally do - and then comes the feeling that someone is guiding me.:)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
They usually walk just ahead and to the left of the Bean-Sidhe who, in turn, will commonly serve as intermediary between guide and Brigit, the trinity goddess, who insures that your fate is, at the very least, benign with respect to the needs and aspirations of the Daoine Sidhe.

(no one who reads this thread should wonder at the gullibility of our ancestors that enabled and nurtured the fairy-tales of the past - excuse me; time to walk the cu sith. "Greenie, heel!")

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I'm not sure what they are, if they're extentions of oneself percieved as making manifest in another form or if they are actual beings choosing to help out others. Either way, they've helped me in the past, if nothing else by inspiring me to get off up my behind and stop hoping that others will help by divine intervention. (Some of them are of the nature that are not intrisically helpful.)

In the realm of 'I don't think this is proof of anything, but I find it interesting,' my little sister, whenever she's been photographed within the last three years, always shows up on film with at least one light (and lately, three) floating near her. This doesn't seem to matter what type of environment that she's being photographed in, or how many people she's around. (She's usually the only one with the lights.) One of the lights is invariably yellow.

Again, this is not to say that I think it's proof of anything, but I find it curious.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Very interesting Feathers .

Yes , I believe that we have guides , Guardian Angels , or whatever one chooses to call them . Perhaps they are Archetypes of ourselves ? Perhaps not ?

Master Vigil

I remember going up to my old priest and telling my theory on fairies. (Keep in mind I was in middle school at the time) I told him that since angels are normally seen as human size, it would make sense that they would need that much energy to protect us. Since we need all the help we can get cuz we mess everything up. But I said fairies are like angels of nature, they are small because they don't need that much energy. Nature does a great job by itself and doesn't need that much help from the fairies. He just looked at me and said, "Sure Dan, thats an interesting idea." Than he just walked away, I wonder what he really thought?

anders

No gods, no angels, no demons, no devils for me, thank you. For spirits, preferrably a very smoky single malt whisky from the Isle of Islay.

cardero

Citizen Mod
FeathersInHair writes: I'm not sure what they are, if they're extentions of oneself percieved as making manifest in another form or if they are actual beings choosing to help out others.
I would believe them to be valid entities (albeit spiritual) choosing to help out our “plan”.

Francine

There are no angels. They were created by men to make Yahweh more transcendent. He used to come down and roll up his sleeves and do things himself like wrestle with Jacob. After the Jewish priesthood got through with the scriptures, that became the "angel of God" who wrestled with Jacob.

No i don't. Humans have been born with enough intelligence to guide themselves, we should not always need to rely on other beings to guide us. We already have a lot of things layed out on a table for us (our scriptures) So, anyway, i dont think we need, or have angels, or guides.

I believe in signs, that we see sometimes, im not sure what kind of signs, but i do believe in signs which do give us a little push when we are heading the wrong way.

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason

Yes to both, in the sense that I believe that everyone (I hope) has what may be called the "better angels of one's nature" which may serve as guides. But I don't believe that they are separate beings, but merely aspects of one's own psychology. I think the unconscious mind can be a source of greater wisdom than one may possess consciously.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
But I don't believe that they are separate beings, but merely aspects of one's own psychology.
Well put. I see it as sort of personifying aspects of our own processing. There are guides, but they are really mythical symbols for something internal.