• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the days shall shorten

luvuyesua

In the bible, it mentions of the time that the days shall shorten. and I have some questions if you please.

1. does anyone recall it?

2. I have searched a little bit and have asked, if their has been another time in history thats been recorded where the days have shortened?

3. how much would it be missing in a day 1.26 micro seconds plus 1.23micro seconds. would we be missing next to 17 minutes in a year?

The Chile 8.8 earth quake and the tsunami that happen acouple years ago in thailand moved the axis and the world spins faster. source
[Image: Earth, as seen through NASA's Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer aboard the Terra satellite.]
the bible mentions about difference in days, I am excited, as I am a sign watcher.

blessings to all going through any hard time

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
In the bible, it mentions of the time that the days shall shorten. and I have some questions if you please.

2. I have searched a little bit and have asked, if their has been another time in history thats been recorded where the days have shortened?

3. how much would it be missing in a day 1.26 micro seconds plus 1.23micro seconds. would we be missing next to 17 minutes in a year?

The Chile 8.8 earth quake and the tsunami that happen acouple years ago in thailand moved the axis and the world spins faster. source
[Image: Earth, as seen through NASA's Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer aboard the Terra satellite.]
the bible mentions about difference in days, I am excited, as I am a sign watcher.

In almost all cases when the Bible refers to the lengthening or the shortening of days it is referring to the nunber of days and not the length of hours in them.

luvuyesua

Sandy, for years, I have been waiting for this, I think their is a reference, I know what you are basing it on, but their is a scripture, that I read, and like always I forgot what book, in the bible, It is even part of my check list of happenings before the returning of Jesus, usually when I read the bible I read it with my heart open, and talking to God, and my defect is not memorizing, as many do well, the exact place.

by the way Sandy I was just trying to send you a message about this not more than a minute ago, but couldnt, and here you are, thank you

may your soul be open to much more blessings.

luvuyesua

yes Wally, that is what I am talking about, and now it is literally happening. the bible keeps proving itself jajajjaj I love it Mathew 24:22 Mark 13:20 we are missing a little more than 2 seconds in a day. But I know some need it to be more than 2 seconds in a day,(to notice) some will still deny that it is written and some dont even know.

thank you both for writing in this thread

luvuyesua

Sandy, seeing it happen, is life to prediction. would not shortening the hours definitely make the days go faster? and shortening the days.? it fits. How it comes to pass, is always surprising to man.
any prediction, from the bible getting us closer to the day is exciting, no matter how many years away we are, I cant wait for the mountains to fall.
As Jesus predicted, when the apostile asked.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Sandy, seeing it happen, is life to prediction. would not shortening the hours definitely make the days go faster? and shortening the days.? it fits. How it comes to pass, is always surprising to man.
any prediction, from the bible getting us closer to the day is exciting, no matter how many years away we are, I cant wait for the mountains to fall.
As Jesus predicted, when the apostile asked.
Whatever, believe what you want.

luvuyesua

Sandy, you may not answer, to this post. But the days loosing time, can take away a portion of a day, and with continuous time loss, all of a day and so on. that would be a phenonminum. the days shortening time-wise would be the same as the days cut short, like Jesus says. And the belief it has by translation of man is that instead of letting it go on for a certain amount of days, Jesus comes sooner, this doesnt change that, Jesus comes sooner and so will holidays.

Green Kepi

Could Hebrews 1:10-12 be interesting to you...? When something grows old, worn out, or is used up...it usually slows down. Same with the earth?

luvuyesua

good one, very true. But I think this has to do with the tilt, it moved a little off its axle, and it didnt apparently slow it down, but infact speed it up.

I think that it has to do, with the 2012 line up, with all of the milky way, but I am still not well informed about that at all

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Sandy, you may not answer, to this post. But the days loosing time, can take away a portion of a day, and with continuous time loss, all of a day and so on. that would be a phenonminum. the days shortening time-wise would be the same as the days cut short, like Jesus says. And the belief it has by translation of man is that instead of letting it go on for a certain amount of days, Jesus comes sooner, this doesnt change that, Jesus comes sooner and so will holidays.
You seem to be horibly confused. To cut short days means that, say, instead of something lasting 100 days. it only lasts 50 days. This in no way implies the the following 50 days are lost. They still happen.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
good one, very true. But I think this has to do with the tilt, it moved a little off its axle, and it didnt apparently slow it down, but infact speed it up.

I think that it has to do, with the 2012 line up, with all of the milky way, but I am still not well informed about that at all
And that sums it up in a nutshell.

luvuyesua

Sandy, lets take it step by step, if it is fine with you.
Thailand had a Tsunami and moved the world a little and it turns around a second faster (lets forget the fracton and make it easier) Chile had a horrible eathquake which provoked the same effect, and another second speed-up of the rotation of the eath.

I think we can agree that, the earth, in 24 hours goes all the way around. with it being two seconds faster to make the full turn around, means, it makes it in 23hours58seconds, do you see that?, or do you see something else? and if you do see it, be honest, did it shorten the day or lengthen it?

Now their are 365 days in a year, in a spread of those days, it accumulates to missing 730 seconds. how many minute do you think that comes out to be? would they be missing or not?. I am not kidding I am interested in knowing, if you see it, or how are you doing the math, please elaborate. lets start here, and later, if you agree, we can see what would happen if just 6 seconds or something like that in a spand of 365 would be missing, or let me say the world rotated 6 seconds faster everyday, what would happen.

Last edited:

luvuyesua

Sandy, I am directing myself to you because it seems, what I have wrote has provoked you to sound arrogant, I assume you are a God believer, and to take care of others feeling is Godly, so please I ask, obstain from being sarcastic, with the whatevers, and crafty, with how you sum it up. lets make this enjoying. and if you cant control it, because you are right, that is okay, no big deal. ( I want to hear you through a good vibe) lets be agreeable in dissagreeing.

Last edited:

luvuyesua

the astronomy part of 2012 that I mention, the earth sits on one side of the milky way, and supposedly in 2012 their is a line-up of all the planets with the milky way, and the claim is, it will change positions, I am relating this because maybe the change the earth is having on its axel is for preparation of this up coming alignment. the Indians of another Dialect in Mexico have a chief that is called Tata, which has passed down the meaning of the Mayan calendar, and he says it is the birth of enlightenment,(we will have a lot of weather happenings such as lightning showers all over, but vast amount, among other things he said) and I laughed and said, maybe it is time for the bandage to fall, from peoples eyes, jaja.

Last edited:

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Sandy, lets take it step by step, if it is fine with you.
Thailand had a Tsunami and moved the world a little and it turns around a second faster (lets forget the fracton and make it easier) Chile had a horrible eathquake which provoked the same effect, and another second speed-up of the rotation of the eath.

I think we can agree that, the earth, in 24 hours goes all the way around. with it being two seconds faster to make the full turn around, means, it makes it in 23hours58seconds, do you see that?, or do you see something else? and if you do see it, be honest, did it shorten the day or lengthen it?

Now their are 365 days in a year, in a spread of those days, it accumulates to missing 730 seconds. how many minute do you think that comes out to be? would they be missing or not?. I am not kidding I am interested in knowing, if you see it, or how are you doing the math, please elaborate. lets start here, and later, if you agree, we can see what would happen if just 6 seconds or something like that in a spand of 365 would be missing, or let me say the world rotated 6 seconds faster everyday, what would happen.
The speed of the rotation of the earth changes constantly. I believe that to try and correlate prophesy to this is mistaken. As I have said before, it is clear to me that the shortening of days refers to fewer number and not lenght in hours.

Skwim

Veteran Member

Actually, the length of the day has been increasing.
"The Earth's day has increased in length over time. The original length of one day, when the Earth was new about 4.5 billion years ago, was about six hours as determined by computer simulation. It was 21.9 hours 620 million years ago as recorded by rhythmites (alternating layers in sandstone). This phenomenon is due to tides raised by the Moon which slow Earth's rotation. Because of the way the second is defined, the mean length of a day is now about 86,400.002 seconds, and is increasing by about 1.7 milliseconds per century (an average over the last 2,700 years). See tidal acceleration for details."
source

Hi! In Matthew 24:22 it says:"In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short."
So the days would be cut short and “the chosen ones” saved. Who were they? Those chosen ones were certainly not rebellious Jews who claimed to worship God but who had rejected his Son. (John 19:1-7; Acts 2:22, 23, 36) The true chosen ones back then were those Jews and non-Jews who exercised faith in Jesus as Messiah and Savior. God had chosen such ones, and on Pentecost 33*C.E., he had formed them into a new spiritual nation, “the Israel of God.”—Galatians 6:16