• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And He Shall Be Called a Nazarene

John1.12

Free gift
It says something about the NATURE of God -- "God is not a man." Thus if someone is a man, they cannot be God and God cannot be them.
No one should think ( with the exception of Mormons) that God is a man . Like us . Thats the point . He became flesh and dwelt among us . Now he is the ' God man ' Fully God and fully man . But not ' a man ' in the sense of ' ordinary man .

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
No one should think ( with the exception of Mormons) that God is a man . Like us . Thats the point . He became flesh and dwelt among us . Now he is the ' God man ' Fully God and fully man . But not ' a man ' in the sense of ' ordinary man .
Dont play silly games with me. If he is "fully god and fully man" then he is a man, which contradicts the Tanakh.

John1.12

Free gift
Dont play silly games with me. If he is "fully god and fully man" then he is a man, which contradicts the Tanakh.
Can you give me an example of any other, who is both God and fully man . Hyperstatic union ?
I don't you will find such a one . Other than Jesus . Because God is not like us .

pearl

Hello pearl... Jesus mentions One Church.... I will build my Church (singular) on rock! (not on sand)

Are these the words of Jesus or placed on the lips of Jesus by those who penned the Gospels, each of whom represented the church of their community. I would encourage you to read 'The Historical Truth of the Gospels', the work of the Churches own scholars and ordered published by the Pope.

25.3.2.pdf (theologicalstudies.net)

Where it discusses the individual churches.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If he is "fully god and fully man" then he is a man, which contradicts the Tanakh.
And it even goes beyond that.

Most Christian denominations, including mine, teach that Jesus' death on the cross was supposedly necessary for the forgiveness of our sins. If taken literally, as a great many Christians do, then it begs this question: Which element of Jesus was the "final sacrifice" for us, the human or the Divine? Can't be the "human" because human sacrifices are not acceptable in Judaism nor Christianity, but how can it be the Divine whereas God is supposedly sacrificed to God?

Instead, I think this approach was likely a "theological construct" probably designed by Paul, and it can make sense at that level.

I'll stop at this point. :)

Dogknox20

Are these the words of Jesus or placed on the lips of Jesus by those who penned the Gospels, each of whom represented the church of their community. I would encourage you to read 'The Historical Truth of the Gospels', the work of the Churches own scholars and ordered published by the Pope.

25.3.2.pdf (theologicalstudies.net)

Where it discusses the individual churches.

pearl I hope all is well... The Gospels are the words of Jesus!
Fact.. "Jesus established ONE Church before he left earth" Jesus built his One Church on ROCK this means it is not built on sand, it will never fail!
Fact: "The One Church Jesus established was given the Authority of God to make disciples and to TEACH all nations!"
Fact: "The One Church Jesus established was given all the Authority of God and it is still here to this day, with tracible roots back to the Apostles"! It is apostolic!
The Church Jesus established is HOLY it is Universal!

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Can you give me an example of any other, who is both God and fully man . Hyperstatic union ?
I don't you will find such a one . Other than Jesus . Because God is not like us .
Other? I can't even give you the one. Jesus is not fully God and fully man. He is just a regular guy.

John1.12

Free gift
both statements cannot be true.
How can a dead man have any say in his own resurrection? The answer is that Jesus was more than a man who died; He was the eternal Son of God incarnate. Wicked men could kill His body, but they could not change His eternal nature or diminish His divine power. In John 10:17–18 Jesus says something that no mere mortal could ever say: “I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again.” No one else in the history of the world has ever had the authority both to lay down his life and to raise it up again.

Furthermore, Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life” (John 11:25). He claimed to be the resurrection Himself; He has absolute authority over life and death (Revelation 1:18). Jesus is God. He could say He would raise up His body on the third day because He, being God, has power over death.

Who resurrected Jesus from the dead? God did, and by that we mean all three Persons of the Trinity were involved. All three Persons of the Trinity participated in creation (1 Corinthians 8:6; Genesis 1:1–2). All three are involved in salvation (John 3:6, 16). And all three are responsible for the resurrection of Christ Jesus

pearl

Fact.. "Jesus established ONE Church before he left earth" Jesus built his One Church on ROCK this means it is not built on sand, it will never fail!

Why would Jesus, who sent out these twelve after instructing them thus, “Do not go into pagan territory or enter a Samaritan town, and instructing them to ' Go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.' Mt 10:5-6, decide to abandon his own faith and start a new religion?

Fact: "The One Church Jesus established was given all the Authority of God and it is still here to this day, with tracible roots back to the Apostles"! It is apostolic!

Yet you seem unwilling to accept the ongoing teaching of the same Church with the same authority, past on this body of apostolic teaching from one generation to the next, a living tradition.