• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ancient Hindus Discoveries

Stormcry

Please share the information to enlighten the world from Hindus ancestral discoveries
The aircraft is classified into three types-
1) Mantrika
2) Tantrika and
3) Kritaka, to suit different yugas or eras.

In kritayuga, it is said, Dharma was well established. The people of that time had the devinity to reach any place using their Ashtasiddhis.

The aircraft used in Tretayuga are called Mantrikavimana, flown by the power of hymns (mantras). Twenty-five varieties of aircraft including Pushpaka Vimana belong to this era.

The aircraft used in Dwaparayuga were called Tantrikavimana, flown by the power of tantras. Fiftysix varieties of aircraft including Bhairava and Nandaka belong to this era.

The aircraft used in Kaliyuga, the on-going yuga, are called Kritakavimana, flown by the power of engines. Twenty-five varieties of aircraft including "Sundara", "Shukana" and "Rukma" belong to this era.

Bharadwaja states that there are thirty-two secrets of the science of aeronautics. Of these some are astonishing and some indicate an advance even beyond our own times. For instance the secret of "para shabda graaha", i.e. a cabin for listening to conversation in another plane, has been explained by elaborately describing an electrically worked sound-receiver that did the trick. Manufacture of different types of instruments and putting them together to form an aircraft are also described.

It appears that aerial warfare was also not unknown, for the treatise gives the technique of "shatru vimana kampana kriya" and "shatru vimana nashana kriya" i.e. shaking and destroying enemy aircraft, as well as photographing enemy planes, rendering their occupants unconscious and making one`s own plane invisible.

In Vastraadhikarana, the chapter describing the dress and other wear required while flying, talks in detail about the wear for both the pilot and the passenger separately.

Ahaaraadhikarana is yet another section exclusively dealing with the food habits of a pilot. This has a variety of guidelines for pilots to keep their health through strict diet.

Bhardwaja also provides a bibliography. He had consulted six treatises by six different authors previous to him and he gives their names and the names of their works in the following order:
1) Vimana Chandrika by Narayanamuni;
2) Vyoma Yana Mantrah by Shaunaka;
3) Yantra Kalpa by Garga;
4) Yana Bindu by Vachaspati;
5) Kheta Yaana Pradeepika by Chaakraayani;
6) Vyoma Yaanarka Prakasha by Dundi Natha.

Proud to be a sanatani hindu. We are their bloods.

Hari narayana.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
What years (in our current calendar in which this is 2014) did these earlier forms of aircraft occur? Any estimate?

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste H(luv)K and others,

The latest issue of “World Explorer” Magazine Vol. 6 No. 6 (only available in print edition) has a fun article which would be of interest to those less familiar with Hinduism regarding background on the ancient “flying machines” called vimana’s in various Hindu scriptures and histories.

we_6-7_0.jpg

The article is called “V: IS FOR VIMANA”. The author of the article is David Childress who is known for various new age books (not Hindu books). He authored a book called “Ancient Indian Aircraft Technology”, which largely was using information provided in another book which is an English translation of the “Vaimanika Sastra” (Vymaanika-Shasstra, Vymanika Shastra) called VYMAANIDASHAASTRA AERONAUTICS by Maharishi Bharadwaaja, printed and published by Mr. G. R. Josyer, Mysore, India, 1979.

I actually have an edition of this 1979 book in my library, as well as a printed edition of the Vaimanika Sastra. In this latest edition of World Explorer, which I purchased from the magazine rack at Barnes and Noble just about a week ago during the holiday, again we have Childress delving into this fascinating subject. Actually, I have been aware of this subject for probably 30 years, and some of my “study” is contributing to the book I am working on “The New World Ramayana”.

Of course I am not a “new ager” but the world is learning more and more about Hinduism and ancient India et all, the book I am authoring actually targets the Western audience and will be in English (with a lot of Sanskrit and Hindi and Tamil et all words and terminology as well).

I would have liked to have shared a direct internet link to this article from World Explorer, however they do not publish it to the internet and obviously if I retype the article here I would be breaking copy right laws and infringing on the work of Childress. However, here is some background and overview as presented in this article.

It opens with a quote from the Ramayana, translated in English:

“The Pushpaka vimana that resembles the Sun and belongs to my brother was brought by the powerful Ravana, that aerial and excellent chariot going everywhere at will… That chariot resembling a bright cloud in the sky… and King Rama go in, and the excellent chariot at the command of the Raghira rose up into the higher atmosphere.”

Please note, the word pushpaka is a description that means like a flower. The word “vimana” means the “sky” (vi) “distance” (or as per the Sun Internet mag, “measure” viz mana). You can find more information on the Vymanika Shastra by scrolling to the bottom of this link: http://www.harekrsna.com/sun/editorials/04-13/editorials10028.htm …
In the article “V: IS FOR VIMANA”, as the author points out there are many versions of the Ramayana, inclusive of different parts of the world and not just India. They share more overall than they differ in details. There is an abbreviated Ramayana as found in the Mahabharata.

Too bad the article is not available online, there are some great graphics from Indian and Hindu art and history included in the article. Recently I again began some study of the Indus Valley Civilization, this article actually shares some good background and photos on Indus Valley Civilization.

Regarding the MB, the author concludes the Kurukshetra War was fought in only 18 days, and tremendous weapons and vehicles were used. There is reference to vimana(s) also found, such as “Gurkha, flying in his swift and powerful vimana, hurled against the three cities of the Vrishnis and Andhakas a single projectile charged with a power found in all the Universe”. As the author of the article points out, this weapon called the Brahmastra can be stopped with another powerful tool (shaped like a stick) called the Brahmadanda but the one who possesses it can only use it once in a lifetime, and is passed on after that and invoked by a special requesting mantra and both such weapons were created by Lord Brahma (according to the article).

The article also discusses the Sarasvati River, and the author comes to the conclusion (which I also agree from discussions with yogis and others in India) that the Saraswati River still flows underground in Northern India and meets underground with the Jamuna and Ganga at Allahabad.

There is lots of information on Vimanas, and not just from this article, but if you are interested in any of this all you need to do is go to your local book store magazine rack (if you still have a book store, too bad there are not as many today), again I found this magazine at Barnes and Nobles.

Many of my books are stored in a security storage (I have a lot of Hindu, India etc. books, and actually have a very good collection of Ancient Indian Technology subject matter), when I get a chance I should go through it and find my copies of the two books on Vimanas I have and share more information from them.

Yes this is a very fascination subject, another reason why I hold the stance that the Ramayana is a History Book (though much “scripture” is there as well) and not a sectarian “scripture” but a “sacred history” for all.

Thanks for sharing this information with your details, and raising again the interest in this subject.

Om Namah Sivaya

Namaste George Ananda,

These crafts are VERY ancient, predating the Ramayana. Some of these are indeed very "modern" looking while others are more like chariots you think of but are different than the chariot used on the ground. One aspect used, was mirrors smeared with some sort of oil, and used to reflect the Sun downward into a beam to cause fire. I can go on and on, but I would have to find my old notes. Ravana had several of such vimanas. He also had divine chariots, and Rama also had a divine chariot gifted to Him from Lord Indra (I am actually working on an oil painting of Mathali, Indra's chariot driver, presenting this chariot to Lord Rama).

Dating the vimanas is sort of difficult, think of them existing before the Ramayana, which is much, much older than what some scholars say (even at that, if you want to use the "scholarly" dates which I do not agree with, we are talking from 10,000 to 7,000 years ago).

Om Namah Sivaya

George-ananda

Premium Member
Namaste George Ananda,

These crafts are VERY ancient, predating the Ramayana. Some of these are indeed very "modern" looking while others are more like chariots you think of but are different than the chariot used on the ground. One aspect used, was mirrors smeared with some sort of oil, and used to reflect the Sun downward into a beam to cause fire. I can go on and on, but I would have to find my old notes. Ravana had several of such vimanas. He also had divine chariots, and Rama also had a divine chariot gifted to Him from Lord Indra (I am actually working on an oil painting of Mathali, Indra's chariot driver, presenting this chariot to Lord Rama).

Dating the vimanas is sort of difficult, think of them existing before the Ramayana, which is much, much older than what some scholars say (even at that, if you want to use the "scholarly" dates which I do not agree with, we are talking from 10,000 to 7,000 years ago).

Om Namah Sivaya

I'm still the type that needs to get my western-cultured head around this.

Are we saying that ancient advanced civilizations existed and had technology that science of today has no knowledge of?

If you're talking 7,000 to 10,000 years ago then that is more reasonable than some more fantastic past dates I've heard.

You probably heard of the ancient Greek stories of Atlantis. Do you have an opinion on this and if it relates to what you're talking about?

Modern skeptics would point to lack of any sophisticated artifacts from this period. It's challenging to think they could have been that advanced and then be so completely lost to modern archaeology. And the knowledge all disappeared and then the stone age came.

I'm not saying 'No' to all this but it's revolutionary to say the least to us westerners.

I am very interested in this topic.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
Let's try this and see how far I get...

I thought the Vamana used in Kali Yuga was 'sposed to be Mantrika.

I mean, the Hare Krishna people would tell you so:

harer nama harer nama
harer namaiva kevalam
kalau nasty eva nasty eva
nasty eva gatir anyatha

"'For spiritual progress in this Age of Kali, there is no alternative, there is no alternative, there is no alternative to the holy name, the holy name, the holy name of the Lord."

Sri Caitanya Caritamrita 7:76

Sri Caitanya Caritamrta Adi-lila Chapter 7 Verse 76

Amidoinitrite?

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste George Anand

Right now I am sitting in my car in front of a medical hospital to pick up my daughter who is a medical student, so honestly I am typing from my cell phone.

But just a fast answer, no I am not one of those "Atlantis" SMEs, not at all. But I am a huge fan of archeology and read books on such, and buy magazines such as Minerva and others. I also studied some of this at my university.

While I am not an Atlantis type, I do believe that the continents, positions of stars, weather, etc. were vastly different in very, very ancient times, for example Lanka prorper was much larger than today. I believe it is becoming more obvious that advanced human effort and organization was on a much more broader scale and across many regions but time and weather, termites and tornadoes, water and wind can destroy much more evidence than imagined, and while some regions of the world may have more evidence of civilization this is probably due to the luck of climate such as dryer areas may preserve more evidence and artifacts than wet tropical and so on where decay is more rapid.

Regarding vimanas, there were not a lot of these. And they were not created by humans. I think they have been lost now.

Infamous and powerful beings such as Ravana came from other worlds, yes, but Earth Bhumi is a special place, humans live here and it may be unique in regards to why it is often protected by Devatas.

Om Namah Sivaya

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Let's jst say this planet has been active for a VERY long time. A billion years is 1000 millions, and we think a million is ancient.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Let's jst say this planet has been active for a VERY long time. A billion years is 1000 millions, and we think a million is ancient.

Yeah but science tells us modern humans have only been around like 140,000 years. Are you saying there's more to the story than that?

George-ananda

Premium Member
Thanks ShivaFan...glad you had time to type this

And they were not created by humans.
So are you saying that several thousand years ago non-humans were here. Could normal humans see them like other physical beings? Just to be clear, are you saying this was a physical objective reality or mythology?

Om Namah Sivaya

Stormcry

Yeah but science tells us modern humans have only been around like 140,000 years. Are you saying there's more to the story than that?

But the case is different for bharatavarsha. Hindus were much advanced than westerners. Westerns were struggling with their basic needs of life while hindus were lord of Richness and were much advanced than kaliyugic scientists. You can not imagine the difference.

What to talk about million years ago? Just see the condition of 18th century.

Lord McCauley in his speech of Feb 2, 1835, British Parliament have
said:-

"I have travelled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen one person who is a beggar, who is a thief. Such wealth
I have seen in this country, such high moral values, people of such calibre, that I do not think we would ever conquer this country, unless we break the very backbone
of this nation, which is her spiritual and cultural heritage, and, therefore, I propose that we replace her old and ancient education system, her culture, for if the Indians think that all that is foreign and English is good and greater than their own, they will lose their self-esteem, their native self-culture and they will become what we want them, a truly dominated nation".

Westerns are jealous of sacred hindus and made lot of efforts to alter history of india. One of the example is of the myth of aryan invasion theory of max muller.

Hari om

Last edited:

Stormcry

After seeing the death of Aryan theories, now invading lovers westerners are doing altering of history of india by claiming about hindu word. They want to change history just by disproving existence of hindu word and want to prove that hinduism is not the oldest.

There are many such paid peoples like stephen knapp . There are antihindu indians too like romila thapar and D.N.Jha. Thease all are paid by christian missionaries.

How stupidity ! How the name could define the history ?

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste H(luv)K

Not to sound rude, but I am having a difficult time sometimes understanding your sentence structure in English, though I do appreciate this interesting subject.

But I noticed the name "Stephen Knapp" on your list of "paid" (agents?) individuals "all working for Christian missionaries" were the words to your effect if I am understanding what you are saying?

Do you even know who he is? He is NOT working for "Christian missionaries", that is totally pagal or fringe, he is a well known Hare Krishna devotee of Prabhupad. I know you hate ISKCON, whatever, but this is a conspiracy theory of yours that makes Hindus sound like authors of the Protocols of Zion or something.

I read recently his book, "Proof of Vedic Culture's Global Existence" and while I do not agree with everything he says in the book, he is nothing of what you try to depict him as, he is a defender of the ancient and originality of Hinduism regarding "religion". In addition, he is not an advocate of the Aryan Invasion Theory as it seems you imply, exactly the opposite.

Back to the subject of vimanas, are you saying humans living in India made these crafts? That is not my understanding, they were made by divine powers, Devatas, not humans of India nor even of this Loka (Earth).

Om Namah Sivaya

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Talk about what was actually achieved: History of science and technology in the Indian subcontinent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_inventions

I did get my hands on a book in my younger days which explained how to change iron into gold. Hindu Science?
In addition, he is not an advocate of the Aryan Invasion Theory as it seems you imply, exactly the opposite.
What is wrong with Aryan invasion/migration theory? Did such invasions/migrations did not happen in Indian history? What about the Parthians, Greeks, Scythians, Kushanas, Hunas and Ahoms in the East? What is wrong if these invasions/migrations were preceded by an Aryan migration (there is no record of an Aryan/Indigenous people struggle, so I would not term it as an invasion)? Don't make acceptance of "Aryans were indigenous and Vedas are the bed-rock of Hinduism" a necessary condition to be termed as a Hindu. Both the statments are historically incorrect.

Last edited:

Stormcry

Namaste H(luv)K

Do you even know who he is? He is NOT working for "Christian missionaries", that is totally pagal or fringe, he is a well known Hare Krishna devotee of Prabhupad. I know you hate ISKCON, whatever, but this is a conspiracy theory of yours that makes Hindus sound like authors of the Protocols of Zion or something.

I read recently his book, "Proof of Vedic Culture's Global Existence" and while I do not agree with everything he says in the book, he is nothing of what you try to depict him as, he is a defender of the ancient and originality of Hinduism regarding "religion". In addition, he is not an advocate of the Aryan Invasion Theory as it seems you imply, exactly the opposite.

Om Namah Sivaya

Oh really ?

I know he has relation with iskcon . But we can not neglect that he is anti-hindu in some extent . He may or may not be from christian anti-hindu missionaries .

See his article : http://www.stephen-knapp.com/about_the_name_Hindu.htm

He believes in many things which have no any definate support . He doesn't believe that hinduism is sanatana vedic dharma .

Some extractions from that article which are highly objectationable :

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]" Even if the time arrives in this deteriorating age of Kali-yuga after many millennia when Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, and even Hinduism (as we call it today) may disappear from the face of the earth, there will still be the Vedic teachings that remain as a spiritual and universal truth[/FONT] "

" although I do not feel that “Hindu” is a proper term to represent the Vedic Aryan culture or spiritual path "

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] " At this juncture, due to Persian interchangeability between ‘s’ and ‘h’, Sindu must have become Hindu and the Persians called their brothers across the river as Hindus and the abode of the Hindus as Hindusthan.[/FONT] "

Don't you think he supports hinduism as non-vedic dharma ? The theory of persian hindu is fake and only anti-hindus support this . There is not any support or proof of this claim about hindu word .

Because theory says that 'Hindu' originated from the Persian practice of replacing 'S' with 'H'. This does not seem to be true is evident from the fact that Sindh has not become Hind and both Sindh and Hind exist in Persian as well as Arabic. The inscriptions of Darius and Xerexes which describe India as Hi(n)du, also use the term 'Sugd' for Sogdiana. This 'Sugd' should have become 'Hugd' as per this theory. The Pahlvi inscription of Shahpur II, uses 'S' in Shakastan and Tuxaristan.

It needs to be realised that this change from S to H is common in Saurashtra where Sorath becomes Horath, Somnath becomes Homnath and so on. The form Hindu is therefore, likely to have come from Saurashtra.

It should also be noted that as per Nirukta rules of grammar, in the Vedik
language, replacement of S with H is permitted . But truth is something different . Hindu word is written in many sanskrit scriptures .

Brihaspati Agam says,
हिमालयं समारभ्य यावत्दीन्दू सरोवरम्
तं देवनिर्मितं देशं हिन्दुस्थानं प्रचक्षते
(Starting from Himalaya upto Indu waters is this God-created country Hindustan) ( Hindu is formed by joining hi of himalaya and indu of bindu waters .

There is no such thing as aryan -dravidian culture in hindu dharma . The DNA study of indians proved that DNA of north indians and south indians is the same and there was no any invasion in sacred ancient india . It also proves that DNA of europeans and westerners is much different from hindu's DNA. This proves that only hindus are the real vedic followers and ancient hindus are the ancestors of todays hindus . Hindus scriptures already seperated non-hindus from hindus . They call them as mlechha ( non-vedic people living out of bharatavarsha /jambudvipa ). However Stephen still believes in aryan culture . He said that sanatana dharma is the real dharma . But he intentionally ignores the fact that even sanatana dharma or vedic dharma is not mentioned anywhere in hindu scriptures as a religion or a perticular set of belief .

I know there are very few christians who give credit to sanatana hindu dharma . Others just learn ( ofcourse it is their imagination that they have learnt what is hindu dharma ) and preach everywhere that the philosophy , yoga etc have nothing to with hindu dharma . This is their attitude . They have already showed this attitude by hijacking yoga of hinduism . America yoga foundation is claiming that yoga has nothing to do with hinduism . Nowadays , chriastian yoga like concepts are being propagated by americans.

I really don't know how could a mleccha , who has nothing to do with hindu dharma and its varna , preach us ( hindus ) what is hindu dharma and its philosophies ? Who are they to define our hindu's history ? The person born in hindu vedic varnas is much sacred than mlechhas . In fact such godly hindu birth can not be compared with mlechhas . Even an illiterate indian farmer knows much about hindu dharma than so called hindu master stephen knapp .

Jai shri krishna . Jai bharata mata and her sons hindus !

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste Aupmanyav

What is wrong with Aryan invasion/migration theory? Did such invasions/migrations... (Aupmanyav)

Sorry, I wasn't trying to prove or disprove AIT, I was just trying to point out that Knapp was being misrepresented to the absurd level, he happens to not be an advocate. I don't know much about the other names mentioned by H(luv)K, but I have read Knapp's "Proofs of Vedic Culture" and he is being misrepresented.

Om Namah Sivaya

Stormcry

What is wrong with Aryan invasion/migration theory? Did such invasions/migrations did not happen in Indian history?

It is the myth. It was completely debunked by scientists when dried saraswati river was found. This proof is called as death of AIT.

Latter dvaraka city, the most ancient hindus city was found. It is much older than the timing of stupid AIT ie indus valley civilisation around 1500 BC. The age of dvaraka vedic city is minimum 32000 years old. This is called as going of AIT in hell with muller. :D

Just google search, aryan invasion theory and see this myth yourself.

If you believe in DNA science, read this :

New research debunks Aryan invasion theory - India - DNA

This will help in understanding myth of AIT:

The myth of the aryan invasion | Sri Narasingha Chaitanya Ashram

Last edited:

Stormcry

And there is a ton more where this came from. But now mainly it's just a remnant of a misunderstanding from the past. Once the old stubborn scholars who egotistically cling to it all die off, the AIT will be no more.

Well said. I can't believe there are many non-hindus who believe in last decade fairy tell AIT.

There are hundreds of scientific and scriptural proofs against AIT. But there is not a single scientific proof to prove AIT.

What is the reason of this? Why people (nonhindu) still believes in it ? According to me, it is only the racial ego . I have already said about tmother reason.

McCauley in his speech of Feb 2, 1835, British Parliament have said:-

"I have travelled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen one person who is a beggar, who is a thief. Such wealth
I have seen in this country, such high moral values, people of such calibre, that I do not think we would ever conquer this country, unless we break the very backbone
of this nation, which is her spiritual and cultural heritage, and, therefore, I propose that we replace her old and ancient education system, her culture, for if the Indians think that all that is foreign and English is good and greater than their own, they will lose their self-esteem, their native self-culture and they will become what we want them, a truly dominated nation".

Westeners can not tolerate the supremacy of birth of hindus . Indeed hindu birth is the highest. On the credit of many virtues from previous life ,people alongwith heaveny gods get birth in hindu vedic family .

Jai hari

Last edited:

bp789

Hinduism♥Krishna;3629829 said:
McCauley in his speech of Feb 2, 1835, British Parliament have said:-

Actually, that quote by Macaulay is a hoax that's been spreading around the internet for so long. It says he made the speech at February 2, 1835, but he was in India at the time. There's no record of him saying this quote to the British Parliament at all. However, on that date, he did deliver a speech called the Education Minute to the Governor General's Council in Calcutta. But he never complimented India or Hinduism at all in his speech. He never mentioned anything about positive about India or Hinduism in that speech. He thought India was an awful country, and that the way to save it was to introduce English and Western liberalism and science to the country. He didn't think India and Hinduism were great, and they should be destroyed. He thought India was terrible to begin with, and they needed to be civilized by the British.

7. The Macaulay Fraud » Historydetox
Minute on Education (1835) by Thomas Babington Macaulay (The actual speech he made in Calcutta/Kolkata)

For the record, I completely disagree with what Macaulay thought, and it is that type of colonialist thinking that led to so many Hindus being insecure about their own religion, not to mention the destruction of many groups and their cultures throughout the world such as the Native Americans and the Aborigines in Australia. I just wanted to clarify that Macaulay never said this quote at all, and it is merely a hoax that has been spread throughout the internet.