• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ancestor Calling - Reincarnation - Confused

AlsoAnima

Friend
So, my great grandmother was a healer.
And I've been reading about calling your ancestors to aid you.
However, I'm suddenly confused because of the beliefs in reincarnation. Wouldn't the souls of your ancestors already be in other bodies?

Rayne

Meh
I'm not sure we assume that the reincarnation is instantaneous. I was wondering this the other night myself. Maybe someone else can clarify what the common belief is, as pertains to ancestors.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I have two thoughts... It depends on how long you believe it takes for the soul to be reincarnated. Like is it instantaneous, or does the soul take some "time off" between lifetimes, and if so, how much time?

My other thought is it depends on if you believe that it is the exact same soul as it was before. Is the soul the same, or does it change with each unique life/'progress' any on it's reincarnation journey?

Rayne

Meh
I'm tempted to assume that souls aren't instantaneously reincarnated. I've talked to people who could remember some of their past lives, and some of the time in between them. She describe it as around 500 years of limbo before being reincarnated. But the problem with this theory is that, there are no rules as to how far back you can go. Some people have ancestors dating back a thousand years! I've never read a book that detailed speaking with ancestors that declared a time limit. It's an odd subject, but it appears that people do tend to have success with this kind of thing.

AlsoAnima

Friend
I think souls are reincarnated instantly, but not necessarily into the same time period they left from. Deity's realm is outside of time.

Rayne

Meh
I think souls are reincarnated instantly, but not necessarily into the same time period they left from. Deity's realm is outside of time.

Quite interesting. I never thought about the possibility of different time periods. Here is a thought: Wiccan teachings tell us that souls are reincarnated several times, every time experiencing something new. Souls never die. Souls just take up bodies as garments. I'm tempted to believe that we can contact our ancestors even after they've been reincarnated, because their souls never really change. They are still the same souls, whether they are incarnated or not.