• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An interview with Set.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
This is the Interview a friend and teacher of mine had with Lord Set. I know it might seem weird and off, and some might not believe it, but because I have met Set, and though some experiences I have had on the Astral with Set and others I know in real life and ask me about what happened there with put my tell them I was going there, you need to believe...hehe. Here goes:

I enter into the black step pyramid,it is night.it's always night,four torches blaze at each corner of the pyramid,which seems to be in a desert scrub area,the air however is humid and somewhat oppressive,Set himself bids me to enter,his inner chamber is well lit,there is a huge feast prepared.roast pork,beer,red wine,steamed cabbages and cuecumbers with honey and vinegar are laid out along with flat bread and leeks.

Set speaks:
Welcome!are you ready to tell the others about me?

MH: yes sir![remember,my notes are lost,LOL]

Set:
Interview away.

MH:Ok,the T.O.S,what do you think of them since they are about you?

Set:
I love them and hate them,I wish they would drop some of the religious aspects of the lower orders,I understand about the initiation fee however.It keeps out the rif raff and the curious.
Religion is poison to what I teach,it's nothing more than slavery and self imposed ignorance,the mind must be free to grow and flow freely,water in a pond goes nowhere,and eventually stagnates,becomes foul,and then dries up,a stream however eventually becomes a river,and that river carves great chasms and draws its power from the lesser streams which flow into it,how can one attain power without the freedom to move and flow?
I love the members as a whole however,I love a free mind,I enjoy finding an ear I can whisper into,finding a new adept brings me joy like a jug of sweet wine!a willing student is like having a son or daughter to teach,even if they don't know it's I who whisper into thier ears,seeing them grow and take command of thier destinies is such a source of pride to me!

MH:
So what about the Egyptian legends about you and horus?

Set:
Unless there are versions other than the ones you have read,they are garbage.He drug my reputation through the dung,he cost me my position which Ra had given me,I never tried to rape him and I never ate any"tainted"cabbage!Osiris is very much alive,I never raised a hand to him in 7000 years on earth,even though he helped Horus ruin me,but as you know,the victor writes the histories,and as ages pass,even more facts get lost in the eons.read for yourself!they have me as some red headed fat man with a beard and acne!do I look human?
I'm not Lucifer or Satan either.do I look like an angel,fallen or otherwise?I'm nobody's "focus of all evil" boogyman either,hebrew or otherwise!I'm not even omnipotent or all powerful[aren't they supposed to be?]BAH!it all goes back to that religious garbage.I'd like to see your kind free of it.

MH:
Me too.so what do you think of our world?

Set:
He looks down his snout at me*
I see your nation,rotting from inside as Egypt did,I see your world on the brink of a war which will set your society back 100 years,which....may be what it needs!your collective people see the danger but lack the resolve to stop it.
I might be a bit prejudiced,after all,they destroyed our libraries and defaced [the pyramids]and thier particular brand of"faith"is toxic to everything else around it.your kind has developed a particular aversion to survival of thier way of life it seems.you held such promise only a few decades ago and I fear once it is re kindled it will lead to planetary genocide.

MH:
You told me what happened to your people,can I tell the readers?

Set:
I doubt you being able to explain it without them thinking I'm something I'm not,you failed several times before and only those who can understand your garbled way of explaining can accept it.

MH:
Probably right.

Set:
I know I am.how's the pork?

MH:
Excellent as usual,how come I can taste this anyway?

Set:
*sigh*
That's enough for today,I'm sure even this will encourage lively discourse.

Pariah

Let go
Do you travel to the Astral plane while sleeping or through meditation?

How much of this conversation would you say is accurate in terms of dialogue? How much of it did you "fill in the gaps"?

Essentially, do you remember a lot of what happens - how the Gods moved and gestured, perhaps?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Do you travel to the Astral plane while sleeping or through meditation?

How much of this conversation would you say is accurate in terms of dialogue? How much of it did you "fill in the gaps"?

Essentially, do you remember a lot of what happens - how the Gods moved and gestured, perhaps?

This isn't my Interview, like I said this is from my friend. I asked if I can post it for other to see to get the words of Set out there. I usually go when I start to fall asleep, it's easy for me, but I can sometimes in meditation. In dialogue, all, that's the way Set is, and I didn't fill in the gaps, it's what my friend had posted. And only sometimes do I remember a lot, it's hard for me to get it, I remember words more then anything.

Dr. Nosophoros

Set and Dagon are two party buddies of mine, I remember one time I skinned them "alive" and "forced" them (they were willing slaves for no other reason than the sensation, damn it must get boring to be immortal!) to carry my kegs to the pre-game tailgate party at the colliseum, we all had a big laugh afterwards.

A

angellous_evangellous

Set and Dagon are two party buddies of mine, I remember one time I skinned them "alive" and "forced" them (they were willing slaves for no other reason than the sensation, damn it must get boring to be immortal!) to carry my kegs to the pre-game tailgate party at the colliseum, we all had a big laugh afterwards.

Some good weed would have made that a party.

Dr. Nosophoros

Potheads don't have the gumption to skin someone alive, or not rat on their friends if they did, they are too busy "bonging out".
Drugs fuddle the mind and soften the soul.

A

angellous_evangellous

Don't start smok'in till the skin'n is done.:beach:

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Set and them have some good drugs, but that a different topic and not one to get into here and now.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Stupid question, but is there any way to prove this? Or at least, something more concrete than his word?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Stupid question, but is there any way to prove this? Or at least, something more concrete than his word?

No not really I guess. I know it doesn't count, but I have met Set, and I friend of mine has told me he say me in the Astral when I never told him that I had gone, which to me seem weird. Though I know personal experience don't really mean I thing to most though.

morning-star

Light Bearer
may I ask how someone can have an almost casual converstion with such a being like Set? and be at such a level set manifests as a full entity? yes I believe you can cominicate with Gods/Godesses/enitys through meditaion but it must take a great deal to comuinicate in such a way.
(please mind my spelling as my spell checking thingy is down >.<)

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
may I ask how someone can have an almost casual converstion with such a being like Set? and be at such a level set manifests as a full entity? yes I believe you can cominicate with Gods/Godesses/enitys through meditaion but it must take a great deal to comuinicate in such a way.
(please mind my spelling as my spell checking thingy is down >.<)

Set is a lot more casual then some think, just show respect and he will show respect back. And it's my understanding that the interview took place in the Astral Plain.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Do you consider yourselves (Setians) to be equal with Set? That interview was very... informal, like between too buddies.

As an aside, since you say you've met Set, what's his animal? Or could you ask him next time you see him?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Do you consider yourselves (Setians) to be equal with Set? That interview was very... informal, like between too buddies.

As an aside, since you say you've met Set, what's his animal? Or could you ask him next time you see him?

I don't really consider myself equal to him but the person that did the interview(note that I said in my OP it was my Friend that did the interview not me), my be really close, Set is a friendly being if you get to know him, doesn't really like being called a God, doesn't like being Warship, but to help us became what where meant to be. Though I have met Set I still don't know what his animal is, I can ask my mentor though.

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
How really, Anubis head is that of a Jackel. I'm still not sure what Sets head is.

For what it is worth, here is what Wikipedia has to say:

In art, Set was mostly depicted as a mysterious and unknown creature, referred to by Egyptologists as the Set animal or Typhonic beast, with a curved snout, square ears, forked tail, and canine body, or sometimes as a human with only the head of the Set animal. It has no complete resemblance to any known creature, although it does resemble a composite of an aardvark and a jackal, both of which are desert creatures, and the main species of aardvark present in ancient Egypt additionally had a reddish appearance (due to thin fur, which shows the skin beneath it). In some descriptions he has the head of a greyhound. The earliest known representation of Set comes from a tomb dating to the Naqada I phase of the Predynastic Period (circa 4000 BC–3500 BC), and the Set-animal is even found on a mace-head of the Scorpion King, a Protodynastic ruler.

eudaimonia,

Mark