• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An interview with an alien....

Ana.J

I have found this video recently and it shocked me as it looks real.....What do you think about it?

Do you believe in extraterrestrial life?

Do you think they visit us here?

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
I have found this video recently and it shocked me as it looks real.....What do you think about it?
It's certainly one of the better done alien videos I've seen, although it's nowhere near as spooky as the supposed KGB footage.

I'm going to start having dreams again soon.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Given the likelihood that billions of worlds in our universe are capable of supporting life, I think it highly likely that some of them do in fact support life. But I would not expect anything that could be called "intelligence" to have evolved very often on those worlds. And I would expect what intelligence that has evolved to be rather unlike our own.

The logistics of space travel would seem to make sending living creatures across interstellar distances prohibitive. If other life forms somewhere are sending out exploratory probes, those probes are probably robotic. But I doubt we're being visited at all.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The interview with the alien true or not, I certainly agree with all he said, there has been many UFO's sightings lately, so something is surely happening.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
And I would expect what intelligence that has evolved to be rather unlike our own.
If human intelligence is a product of certain evolutionary pressures, then surly life that has arisen in conditions similar to our own would likely face comparable pressures. Earth-like conditions would create earth-like life, so why assume that if intelligence develops on our hypothetical planet, it must be incomparable to our own?

What I'm saying is that if life requires extremely specific conditions to arise, then it follows that all the potential forms that life could ever take is limited. Therefore I would expect extraterrestrial life (if it exists) to be somewhat similar to that which exists or has existed on earth.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If human intelligence is a product of certain evolutionary pressures, then surly life that has arisen in conditions similar to our own would likely face comparable pressures. Earth-like conditions would create earth-like life, so why assume that if intelligence develops on our hypothetical planet, it must be incomparable to our own?

I'm fairly sure there would be similarities, so I would not use your term, "incomparable". But I simply do not assume, as you apparently do, that another world would produce essentially identical intelligences. For instance, wrapped up in our intelligence -- in how we think -- are dozens of cognitive biases that evolved right along with, say, our advanced ability to ignore logic and evidence when it conflicts with our existing beliefs. Why would anyone assume that an alien species evolved the same cognitive biases, etc as we have? Sure, someone might argue that our cognitive biases are not part of what should properly be called our intelligence, but that's at the very least a matter of opinion, and more likely some sort of selective perception on their part. Again, one could point out how closely our form of intelligence is tied to our senses. But then why assume some alien life form has the same senses as we do? Last, the notion that life on another planet would face comparable evolutionary pressures is only partly true as many -- perhaps most -- evolutionary pressures are circumstantial. For instance, there was a drying out of Africa some millions of years ago that was crucial in the evolution of our genus and ultimately our species. That drying out was apparently caused by a change in ocean currents brought about by the closing of the ocean gap between North and South America. Why assume something similar happened on another planet with the same or similar impact on developing an intelligent species?

Ana.J

What I'm saying is that if life requires extremely specific conditions to arise, then it follows that all the potential forms that life could ever take is limited. Therefore I would expect extraterrestrial life (if it exists) to be somewhat similar to that which exists or has existed on earth.

I thought that if there should be specific conditions for the reason and consciousness to arise, then there might be numerous worlds with the same life we have here and there might be some that went far beyond what we have achieved.

One more video to consider: Canadian minister of Defence reports about contacts with extraterrestrial life in UN meeting

Laika

Premium Member
Its one of those subjects I try to leave alone as it is potentially a bit spooky, but I think:

1) yes. There probably is extra-terrestrial life.

2) At a guess, no. They don't visit us. Perhaps some are real but I think its our interplentary ego at work.

Purely on a hunch I think the video is a fake. It is well done however so maybe from a movie? The sort of questions being asked are not very specific and it doesnt strike me as the kind of interrogation that it is real. The intelligence agencies would only start asking about the meaning of life and how the universe once theyve established the alien is not a security threat.... Which is a massive subject in terms of understanding an alien civilisations capabilities in terms of weapons, faster than light speed travel, etc.

The name EBE-3 appears to relate to the mythology around the Roswell incident. the alien also speaks English without apparent difficulty and appears to have "new age beliefs".

(Is this promotional material from the new alien invasion movie "arrival"? I cant load Youtube atm so I'm not sure. Its not beyond the film industry to exploit our fascination with these questions to get us to watch their stuff).

But yeah. I am second guessing myself here. This is well done assuming its fake. :)

ukok102nak

~;> interesting
and also
as interesting as that avatar of yours
if we may say so

:ty:

godbless
unto all alway

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
I'm fairly sure there would be similarities, so I would not use your term, "incomparable". But I simply do not assume, as you apparently do, that another world would produce essentially identical intelligences.
If the conditions which allow for life it are astronomically specific, then it follows that the potential forms for life to take are limited. And if the conditions which give rise to intelligence are again, even more astronomically specific, then how many possible manifestations of intelligence can there be? What even is intelligence but the ability to recognise and respond to patterns?

Whether or not an alien intelligence would reason like us is another question, but if communication is possible then there must be an essential commonality.

gain, one could point out how closely our form of intelligence is tied to our senses. But then why assume some alien life form has the same senses as we do?
Because I would suspect that the potential diversity of life isn't actually all that great if the conditions which allow for it must be more or less like earth's.

Last, the notion that life on another planet would face comparable evolutionary pressures is only partly true as many -- perhaps most -- evolutionary pressures are circumstantial. For instance, there was a drying out of Africa some millions of years ago that was crucial in the evolution of our genus and ultimately our species. That drying out was apparently caused by a change in ocean currents brought about by the closing of the ocean gap between North and South America. Why assume something similar happened on another planet with the same or similar impact on developing an intelligent species?
I didn't say that the pressures of another planet would be the same, but a certain outcome can only result from certain varied prerequisites. If an intelligence that evolves is completely unlike our own, because such is a product of very different prerequisites, would it even be meaningful to call it intelligence.

I'm saying that if intelligence is an outcome of specific evolutionary pressures, the it can only come in so many forms before it is something else.

It also comes down to what degree of difference there is before such a life is unlike our own. If we can communicate with it, then that alone suggests remarkable similarity in the face of vast differences that would obviously exist in an alien species.

Last edited:

ukok102nak

Thank you :rolleyes:

~;> indeed
as i like you to know that me and my brethren and my fellows have seen so many things that is also unimaginable from certain humans
coz not everyone could experience it even in dreams
if we may say so

godbless
unto all always

ukok102nak

Thank you :rolleyes:

~;> by the way
probably your familiar with this one
as it is written
:read:
800px-7_Puma_Punku.jpg

45 miles west of La Paz high in the Andes mountains, lie the mysterious ancient ruins ofPuma Punku. The megalithic stones found here are among the largest on the planet, measuring up to 26 feet long and weighing more than 100 tons each.

Puma Punku is a large temple complex or monument group that is part of the Tiwanaku Sitenear Tiwanaku, Bolivia.

1. Puma Punku is so unique in the way that it was constructed, shaped and positioned, that it is the most intriguing ancient site on the planet.
  2. If you look at the stones carefully, you can see some intricate stonework, as though they used machine tools or even lasers. Evidence of ancient civilizations using modern technology?
  3. At Puma Punku you will find incredible stones with perfect right angles, almost smooth as glass, this makes Puma Punku unique. Only few places on earth display this type of stone work.
  4. The massive stones were hewn at quarries over 60 miles away according to archeologists.
  5. Puma Punku is located at an altitude of 12,800 feet, which means it is located above the natural tree line, this means NO trees grew in that area which means that no trees were cut down in order to use wooden rollers, the question is how did they transport the stones?
  6. Tiahuanaco is located near Puma Punku, less than a quarter mile northeast of Puma Punku. Scientists believe Tiahuanaco was once the center of a civilization with more than 40,000 inhabitants.
  7. Tiahuanaco is probably the greatest Native American civilization that many people haven’t heard of.
  8. It’s said that Tiahuanaco displays all the races of mankind, even elongated skulls, people wearing turbans, people with broad noses, people with thin noses, people with thick lips, people with thin lips, and some of the statues are particularly unusual and are unlike the ones found in the nearby area.
  9. One of the most important archaeological artifacts ever discovered in Tiahuanaco orPuma Punku is the famous Fuente Magna Bowl.
  10. The Ceramic bowl has Sumerian cuneiform and Proto-Sumerian hieroglyphic written on it.
  11. The megalithic stones found at Puma Punkuare among the largest on the planet.
  12. There are stones at Puma Punku that weigh over 100 tons.
we just posted this writtings so that you may observe too the things that has the same things which this puma punku is telling us
coz youll find something interesting if your lucky enough to find some

also
you dont need
to go in that place (puma punku)
just look unto the sky during night time and youll see
what we mean

yeah baby all we need is love
love is all we need
indeed

godbless
unto all always

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'd like to believe that aliens exist. I want to believe, but I see no reason to assume so.

No, I do not believe "alien lifeforms" have visited the earth... other than me, of course. :D

Ana.J

~;> by the way
we just posted this writtings so that you may observe too the things that has the same things which this puma punku is telling us
coz youll find something interesting if your lucky enough to find some

also
you dont need
to go in that place (puma punku)
just look unto the sky during night time and youll see
what we mean

There is something interesting I have found....

i-2625.jpg

krug2.gif
05_krug0.gif

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I think there is life throughout the universe.
I think that technological civilizations are likely to be rare, although intelligence will be considerably more common.
I think interstellar travel will prove technologically possible but expensive and difficult for all but the most technologically advanced species.
I am doubtful that aliens have come to visit, although it's always possible that scientists of certain specialties might be interested enough to send probes to observe. It's always possible that the Greys/occupants of UFOs/whatever, if real, are actually those probes, rather than the aliens who sent them.
I think the videos are fakes.

ukok102nak

There is something interesting I have found....

i-2625.jpg

05_krug0.gif

~;> interesting indeed
and i like you to see this also
so as it is written
:read:
Cigar-Shaped UFO spotted in NASA live Feed before link is suspiciously CUT

According to reports, a mysterious cigar-shaped UFO has just been spotted in NASA’s live feed of the International Space Station before the link is suspiciously CUT

While most UFOhunters have seen al kinds of shapes and orbs in numerous videos from space, this time, an enigmatic cigar shaped object has been caught ‘shadowing’ the international space station and can change the way we perceive ‘alien crafts’ forever say UFO hunters.

The enigmatic object which according to UFO hunters is a cigar-shaped’ semi-transparent UFO is clearly seen in the live feed travelling alongside the International Space Station, a sighting that has led numerous UFOlogists to speculate that these objects are in fact very common in space, and apparently have no issues ‘visiting’ the international space station every once in a while.

Aliens-652197.jpg

The Editor of ufosightingsdaily.com, Scot Warring identified the object while he was looking at the live feed from the international space station.

‘As I was watching, I noticed a long cylinder object floating alongside and below the space station,’ Waring shared in his blog.

‘Its speed was matched with the ISS, but the object floating was semi-transparent,’ he continues.

‘Just when you thought it was about to come into focus, the screen went blue’.

‘That’s what happens when NASA catches a UFO on cam, they cut the feed for a few minutes.’

Concluding his ‘report’ on the enigmatic cylinder-shaped UFO, Waring states that similar ‘alien’ vehicles have been spotted in the distant past.

Earlier this year, the International Space Station was part of another ‘Alien’ encounter claim UFO hunters when bizarre footage released by Russian Cosmonauts showed another enigmatic object that was shadowing the International Space Station. The object –referred to by many as the Black Knight Satellite– was seen trailing the ISS in January this year. In the video, voices of several astronauts can be heard speaking in Russian. While it not clear if they commented the mysterious UFO tailing them, one woman does appear to gasp. One of the most interesting facts about the enigmatic ‘satellite’ is that Nikola Tesla claimed to have intercepted radio signals, from space, from the Black Knight Satellite.

Whether or not the enigmatic UFO sightings near the ISS are connected or not is up for debate, but we can say that in the last couple of years, UFO sightings in space have quadrupled as more people have been following closely NASA’s live feed from the ISS.

godbless
unto all always