• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An apology to Muslims

Riders

There was a thread up here yesterday talking about the love of God. It had Muslim scripture in it about forgiveness. I was sleepy and said I didn't know Muslims believed in forgiveness.

I did know that. I guess I thought because there is Muslim scripture on asking forgiveness of God that meant they believe in repentance from God as mandatory for salvation.

I didn't know if Muslims believed in asking for forgiveness in order to obtain salvation is what I was thinking. So for Muslims, you can let me know what you think. I am sorry for the confusion thank you for reading this.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Get familiar with the Du'as of Ahlulbayt (a) about repentance. They show the spirit of salvation with respect to God's forgiveness. There are many. Duas.org is a good site.

Riders

Get familiar with the Du'as of Ahlulbayt (a) about repentance. They show the spirit of salvation with respect to God's forgiveness. There are many. Duas.org is a good site.

Thank you I will look at that.

joelr

There was a thread up here yesterday talking about the love of God. It had Muslim scripture in it about forgiveness. I was sleepy and said I didn't know Muslims believed in forgiveness.

I did know that. I guess I thought because there is Muslim scripture on asking forgiveness of God that meant they believe in repentance from God as mandatory for salvation.

I didn't know if Muslims believed in asking for forgiveness in order to obtain salvation is what I was thinking. So for Muslims, you can let me know what you think. I am sorry for the confusion thank you for reading this.

Why don't you read the chapter called Repentance

26 Then Allah sent His peace of reassurance down upon His messenger and upon the believers, and sent down hosts ye could not see, and punished those who disbelieved. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

27 Then afterward Allah will relent toward whom He will; for Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Surah 9:1-27