• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Americans coming to Canada to flee Trillary

Wirey

Fartist
So you’re an American citizen who hates either Trump or Hillary, and since he/she/it has been elected you’ve decided to flee to Canada. Well, you may be in for some minor cultural shocks unless you’re prepared. We do things a little different here, so here’s some tips to help you prepare for the change when you move to the Greatest Nation on Earth from the USA (known globally as ‘Canada’s Underwear, complete with Floridian wang).

1) It won’t cost you an arm and a leg if you break an arm or a leg. A lot of stuff is slightly more expensive (and by slightly I mean enormously), but cancer doesn’t get to take your house on the way out.

2) This is sexy politician in the US:

bill_clinton7-620x412.jpg

And this is sexy politician in Canada:

image.

Get used to it.

3) Money comes in many colours. An average shopping trip feels like a game of Monopoly.

4) Yes, it snows in June and September, but not everywhere. Just most places.

5) Toronto is not indicative of the rest of Canada, and we apologize in advance. We all got together way back and decided that all our idiots needed to be in the same place. Toronto voted for themselves.

6) People up here speak French and mean it. They’re not being stuck up snobs, here it’s actually a sign that you’re a redneck. For example, ladies, comment vas-tu?

7) Hockey will take over your life. Accept it. Enjoy it. And remember, hockey actually has rules about how many beer must be consumed per period.

8) We don’t say ‘aboot’ when we mean ‘about’. Walk around spouting that crap and you’ll wind up with aboot in your colon.

9) We have real beer, not that watery crap you guys are used to. Start with one and work your way up. Also, Canadian whiskey keeps winning global awards, while I believe Jack Daniels is now an ingredient in BBQ sauce. How proud you must be.

10) And finally, Canadian men.

e2298f01da69d08289726b41578246e2.jpg

Any questions?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
So you’re an American citizen who hates either Trump or Hillary, and since he/she/it has been elected you’ve decided to flee to Canada. Well, you may be in for some minor cultural shocks unless you’re prepared. We do things a little different here, so here’s some tips to help you prepare for the change when you move to the Greatest Nation on Earth from the USA (known globally as ‘Canada’s Underwear, complete with Floridian wang).

1) It won’t cost you an arm and a leg if you break an arm or a leg. A lot of stuff is slightly more expensive (and by slightly I mean enormously), but cancer doesn’t get to take your house on the way out.

bill_clinton7-620x412.jpg

image.

Get used to it.

3) Money comes in many colours. An average shopping trip feels like a game of Monopoly.

5) Toronto is not indicative of the rest of Canada, and we apologize in advance. We all got together way back and decided that all our idiots needed to be in the same place. Toronto voted for themselves.

6) People up here speak French and mean it. They’re not being stuck up snobs, here it’s actually a sign that you’re a redneck. For example, ladies, comment vas-tu?

7) Hockey will take over your life. Accept it. Enjoy it. And remember, hockey actually has rules about how many beer must be consumed per period.

8) We don’t say ‘aboot’ when we mean ‘about’. Walk around spouting that crap and you’ll wind up with aboot in your colon.

9) We have real beer, not that watery crap you guys are used to. Start with one and work your way up. Also, Canadian whiskey keeps winning global awards, while I believe Jack Daniels is now an ingredient in BBQ sauce. How proud you must be.

10) And finally, Canadian men.

e2298f01da69d08289726b41578246e2.jpg

Any questions?
It's aboot time someone cleered all this up, eh?

Il est temps que quelqu'un effacé tout ça, hein?

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member

Get used to it.

Right, right, all this seems fair..

9) We have real beer, not that watery crap you guys are used to. Start with one and work your way up.
Good, good this is fair, at least he didn't down our w-

Also, Canadian whiskey keeps winning global awards, while I believe Jack Daniels is now an ingredient in BBQ sauce. How proud you must be.
MOTHER****ER!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Lets see. Sleep in U.S. work in Canada.

Side effect is my Jane Siberry addiction, but it's Toronto after all, and I've survived the trek through the 401 and QEW for several years now. So far. .... .. .

While I haven't expatriated, it seems my wallet already did. I have hardly no American cash in it. Just the multi colorful plastic you that can even see through, and I also have my very own tuque causing me to habitually say, "eh" at the end of sentences as opposed to the start of them.

I also miss Swiss Chalet and would gladly return Tim Hortons to it's rightful owners. .

I'm all set as a kickstarter once America sets up kill towers at all the borders and imprisions everyone at the FEMA camps to do slave labor in the mines.

*grin*

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
If you want to move to Canada you need to at least pretend you speak French. I recommend Babelfish.
Merci. Je vais essayer. Si j’ai décidé de déménager au Canada, je vais faire un effort pour apprendre plus d’un faux accent Français. Et jemti vais essayer d’aimer le hockey à nouveau.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Merci. Je vais essayer. Si j’ai décidé de déménager au Canada, je vais faire un effort pour apprendre plus d’un faux accent Français. Et jemti vais essayer d’aimer le hockey à nouveau.
Le bon vieux jeu de Hockey est le meilleur jeu que vous pouvez nommer.
Et le meilleur jeu que vous pouvez nommer est le bon vieux jeu de Hockey.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Wait, have conservatives actually threatened to migrate to Canada if Hillary was elected, despite Canada itself being pretty damn liberal?

Also, I though the Frenchiness was largely contained in Quebec?

An aside, Molson and Moosehead are damn good beer.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Lol. This is great. I probably am going to move to Canada, but that's regardless of who gets elected. There's just nothing left for me in America and America is self-destructing, anyway.