• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Seamen!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
American giant aircraft carriers and Navy is by far the dominant force ruling waters these days with the best Seasoned Seamen!

Most of the globe is sea, so those who rule the waters are a force one doesn't want to mess with.

I don't agree with the major military conflicts this country has engaged in since I was born (with the exception of liberating Kuwait in the first gulf war perhaps) but impressive Seamen to boast of, at any rate!

Interesting video this is. I only watched the first two minutes...but still...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
True or urban myth, your call

This is the transcript of a radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.​

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.
Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.
Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.
Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.
Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that YOU change your course 15 degrees north, that's one five degrees north, or countermeasures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.
Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call​

Viker

Häxan
I wonder. Does the Navy take precautions and does it have working plans before it discharges it's seamen? Will the seamen have appropriate placement?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
American giant aircraft carriers and Navy is by far the dominant force ruling waters these days with the best Seasoned Seamen!

Most of the globe is sea, so those who rule the waters are a force one doesn't want to mess with.

I don't agree with the major military conflicts this country has engaged in since I was born (with the exception of liberating Kuwait in the first gulf war perhaps) but impressive Seamen to boast of, at any rate!

Interesting video this is. I only watched the first two minutes...but still...

Giant carriers.....yeah. We Brits have spent loads on two aircraft carriers, but I keep remembering what happened to HMS Hood during WWII. Exactly how long would these beasts last in a War against a high tech opponent??

Viker

Häxan
Giant carriers.....yeah. We Brits have spent loads on two aircraft carriers, but I keep remembering what happened to HMS Hood during WWII. Exactly how long would these beasts last in a War against a high tech opponent??
All it takes is a group of teenaged geeks and billions of dollars worth of phallic veneration are rendered useless.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
All it takes is a group of teenaged geeks and billions of dollars worth of phallic veneration are rendered useless.
I'm sad to agree about that.
The UK carriers just seem to be wild extravagances to me. We could have built a wonderful fleet of coastguard vessels with that money, or any number of more worthwhile ventures.