• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American-Muslims shouldn't just tolerate the Koran-burnings, they should burn them first

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Regardless of whether the entire idea behind the Koran-burning is far fetched or if it wrongly equivocates militant Islamic terrorists that attacked America on September 11 with Islam the religion of over a billion people in general shouldn't matter.

We are a country that proudly defends its principles by letting its citizens burn the flag that represents the very principle that protects that right to burn the flag regardless of how many people the act may offend. We should likewise be a nation that tolerates the burning of a Koran or the Bible or any book that any citizens wishes to burn for a political message.

Most importantly, this is the time for Muslim-Americans to rise up and prove to the right-wing extremists that despite their misconception of Islam or the people who worship it, that they support the right of those to burn their holy books.

If I were a Muslim-American hearing news of right-wing Christian groups are planning to burn my holy book, I would immediately gather the largest group of Muslim supporters and host a televised burning of the largest amounts of Koran I can find to beat them to their own deadline. As far as I'm concerned, it's time for every Muslim American to burn their own Koran, and at the same time to burn the Bible and the Constitution to make a unified statement that all these things are symbolic only of the spirit that lives within us and that no amount of burning or other acts of hatred of these objects can weaken our resolve or our conviction in those symbols.

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
I don't know... burning books just seems a little wasteful and truly ineffective of any real progress.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Religious awareness, conviction, dedication is properly a state of the soul; anything less weakens and cheapens it. For a Christian to think that he is harming Islam by destroying one of its books makes no more sense than a Muslim feeling that Islam has been harmed because someone burns one of its books. The state of being of a true Christian or Muslim should be so purified that nothing so vulgar could disturb it in the least. - Dr. Michael Aquino

Ahanit

I have to think about what would happen...

The Christ Fanatics say they burn the Koran, the Muslim Fanatics say they burn the Thora and the Jew fanatics say they burn the Bible.....

1- Hey cool let us come together that would be a really big fire...

2- Hey you have no right to do this on my holy book, this means war

3- Are we really so stupid ???? :sorry1:

I think they will take the number 2 Because they are really so stupid to fight because of books and think that the right they take for them, is not the right of the other..

To say in lother words: quid Jovi, non Bovi and every one wants to be the Jovi...........

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Really big fires are cool! I'm down with that . . . and we can throw all three of those Abrahamic religions in the fire!!:thud::faint:

I have to think about what would happen...

The Christ Fanatics say they burn the Koran, the Muslim Fanatics say they burn the Thora and the Jew fanatics say they burn the Bible.....

1- Hey cool let us come together that would be a really big fire...

2- Hey you have no right to do this on my holy book, this means war

3- Are we really so stupid ???? :sorry1:

I think they will take the number 2 Because they are really so stupid to fight because of books and think that the right they take for them, is not the right of the other..

To say in lother words: quid Jovi, non Bovi and every one wants to be the Jovi...........

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
If I were a Muslim-American hearing news of right-wing Christian groups are planning to burn my holy book, I would immediately gather the largest group of Muslim supporters and host a televised burning of the largest amounts of Koran I can find to beat them to their own deadline. As far as I'm concerned, it's time for every Muslim American to burn their own Koran, and at the same time to burn the Bible and the Constitution to make a unified statement that all these things are symbolic only of the spirit that lives within us and that no amount of burning or other acts of hatred of these objects can weaken our resolve or our conviction in those symbols.
This definitely is the stupidest idea I have seen in a very long time. I rather doubt that Muslims will see the "wisdom" of your sentiments, though I could be wrong.

Bismillah

Submit
I don't have to prove anything to Christian fundamentalists, to the right, nor you. I am an American citizen, I pay my taxes, and I vote. To think of me as a different entity, one that needs to prove my conviction and worth is ridiculous and prejudiced. And your premise is flawed. Why is it that I've never heard of American patriots burn the flag because they love America so much, so much in fact that'd they'd like to emulate a right given to them to defile their great country out of love!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I don't have to prove anything to Christian fundamentalists, to the right, nor you. I am an American citizen, I pay my taxes, and I vote. To think of me as a different entity, one that needs to prove my conviction and worth is ridiculous and prejudiced. And your premise is flawed. Why is it that I've never heard of American patriots burn the flag because they love America so much, so much in fact that'd they'd like to emulate a right given to them to defile their great country out of love!
The logic does make one wonder, doesn't it?

I agree with you 100%.

My guess is that Neo-"Logic" is off his meds -- again.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I'm not sure who you are replying to but, did you read my post by any chance?
It is all ridiculous and shouldn't have come this far.