• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Muslims are the nicest people I have ever met!

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe they wouldn't mind if I invaded Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Why can't Americans be more like them?
Asian cultures do not express their feelings or views in general, even to family members. Politeness and hospitality are considered essential virtues even to people whom one hates. So we will politely serve you tea (Japan) or coffee (Arabia) before beheading you with a Katana or a scimitar. ;):D:p

More seriously, expressiveness varies a lot among cultures. For less expressive cultures, people inside can automatically detect small expressive hints and gestures betraying emotions of in group friends and family. Outgroup people will have extreme difficulty, seeing only blanks, especially if they are brought up in boisterous cultures,; while such repressive cultures would consider our expressiveness extreme and stressfully chaotic.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Asian cultures do not express their feelings or views in general, even to family members. Politeness and hospitality are considered essential virtues even to people whom one hates. So we will politely serve you tea (Japan) or coffee (Arabia) before beheading you with a Katana or a scimitar. ;):D:p

More seriously, expressiveness varies a lot among cultures. For less expressive cultures, people inside can automatically detect small expressive hints and gestures betraying emotions of in group friends and family. Outgroup people will have extreme difficulty, seeing only blanks, especially if they are brought up in boisterous cultures,; while such repressive cultures would consider our expressiveness extreme and stressfully chaotic.
My family used politics to discuss personal matters. Once I was at a family meal where a discussion of abortion came up. A woman who was about to get married reacted strongly and I realized that it was not a political discussion about abortion, but a familial way of asking her about her plans to be a mother and what she might do if/when she became pregnant.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe they wouldn't mind if I invaded Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Why can't Americans be more like them?

You would invade Saudi Arabia and Iran all by yourself?

You're wondering why Americans wouldn't be more like those whom you say wouldn't mind if you invaded their country?