• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Christians Cannot Claim Persecution

InfidelRiot

The article describes how early Christians were persecuted and how in more than two thousand years Christians have forgotten that fact by complaining that they are not able to vocally support oppression toward homosexuals without facing opposition.

Some excerpts from the article:

Christians have gone from a group of believers willing to die for a man that preached loving your enemies, to people who are known more for who they are against, than who they love.

Christians have transformed from a group of radical lovers, to a bunch of whiners who bully around other people, then claim they were the ones who started it first.

Even though we live in a country where a church is on almost every block, and government officials are sworn in on Bibles, some Christians still claim they're not being treated fairly. Perhaps that is because they're far too focused on how their being treated, then how they're treating others.

Until Christians endure the same threats, mocking and ostracization that their LGBT brothers and sisters face every day, they can't claim they're being persecuted. Especially since those threats, the mocking and the ostracizing that LGBT people face almost always comes from Christians themselves.

Emily Timbol: American Christians Cannot Claim Persecution

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
The article describes how early Christians were persecuted and how in more than two thousand years Christians have forgotten that fact by complaining that they are not able to vocally support oppression toward homosexuals without facing opposition.

Some excerpts from the article:

Emily Timbol: American Christians Cannot Claim Persecution

These talking points typically appear around the holidays, when I hear people insist on "Merry Christmas" being said at the stores, and claim ownership of the holiday season, and then complain when they don't see a manger scene on the front lawn at City Hall.

And then, every now and then, I hear the wayword "persecution" claim when they're not getting what they want.

I agree with the blogger. It's much more important to focus on the religious persecution Christians face in other countries where they are tortured and killed because they refuse to deny their faith than situations where Christians aren't treated like royalty and/or the established and favored faith-practice.

I think those specific complaints are laughable.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think those specific complaints are laughable.
As I often drone on, Xians control government here, so they'd have to admit that they persecute themselves.
Isn't self-persecution a sin?

Anyway, if they think they're under the thumb of The Man, try being a Revoltifarian.
Wearing a Hawaiian shirt over a plaid kilt & socks with sandals will provoke either
angry stares, spontaneous regurgitation, & even denial of zoning permits.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
As I often drone on, Xians control government here, so they'd have to admit that they persecute themselves.
Isn't self-persecution a sin?

Anyway, if they think they're under the thumb of The Man, try being a Revoltifarian.
Wearing a Hawaiian shirt over a plaid kilt & socks with sandals will provoke either
angry stares, spontaneous regurgitation, & even denial of zoning permits.

Too funny. :D

jasonwill2

Pretty sure I had to file a complaint today about a government worker over him bible thumping me after I said twice I wasn't a Christian.