• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I a theistic luciferian?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
In order to speak about this, first we need to define what "Understanding" is.

We assign meaning to the objective through our subjective, an understanding of something can be and usually is, clouded up with internal roadblocks and ego.

In Luciferianism we refer to Gnosis as a sort of Satori, in which the 'truth' of the matter becomes crystal clear if even for a fleeting moment. This would provide the greatest human form of Understanding.

Consequentially, the internal roadblocks and ego problems usually resolve themselves once understanding is achieved. This is like yogacara where the seventh consciousness (ego) becomes purified with the sixth consciousness (intellect.)

Thank you for the vocabulary lesson! :bow:

Consequentially, the internal roadblocks and ego problems usually resolve themselves once understanding is achieved. This is like yogacara where the seventh consciousness (ego) becomes purified with the sixth consciousness (intellect.)

Thank you for the vocabulary lesson! :bow:
Ha! I'm hardly the one to give a vocabulary lesson!:woohoo:
I'm unfamiliar with yogacara, how is the 'ego' resolved?

"The seventh consciousness obscures a person's true nature with the ego concept of "I". It is also known as the "defiling/transmitter consciousness" because it is the home of the illusory "

"There is no discrimination between inside and outside, or internal and external. In enlightenment there is only the singular total truth of unity, which subsumes the "I" of the ego-differentiated self."
After a little reading, I would say that yogacara and its resolve of the ego is NOT the same in Luciferianism.

Last edited:

crossfire

Premium Member
Ha! I'm hardly the one to give a vocabulary lesson!:woohoo:
I'm unfamiliar with yogacara, how is the 'ego' resolved?

After a little reading, I would say that yogacara and its resolve of the ego is NOT the same in Luciferianism.
Here are the yogacara verses on the seventh consciousness, for comparison:

Seventh Consciousness

Here are the yogacara verses on the seventh consciousness, for comparison:

Seventh Consciousness
Within our Order we have what is referred to as Sadhanasita, which is a "practice derived from Luciferianism, Witchcraft, and the Eastern philosophies of Sadhana and Yoga. Its end goal is the same as that of the Luciferian, but it uses magick and follows the practices of the Eastern philosophies. As such, several key aspects of Sadhanasita differ from it’s parent philosophies, often inverting them." - Sadhanasita—An Unbound Means to Perfection (from Herald of the Dawn texts)

crossfire

Premium Member
Within our Order we have what is referred to as Sadhanasita, which is a "practice derived from Luciferianism, Witchcraft, and the Eastern philosophies of Sadhana and Yoga.

Spiritual evolution? Yeah, that's what most paths are all about.
Its end goal is the same as that of the Luciferian, but it uses magick and follows the practices of the Eastern philosophies. As such, several key aspects of Sadhanasita differ from it’s parent philosophies, often inverting them."
- Sadhanasita—An Unbound Means to Perfection (from Herald of the Dawn texts)
Self-directed spiritual evolution/transformation/alchemy? There's prolly as many methods for this as their are human psychological hang-ups.

Spiritual evolution? Yeah, that's what most paths are all about.
Self-directed spiritual evolution/transformation/alchemy? There's prolly as many methods for this as their are human psychological hang-ups.
The difference being that a LHP practice such as Sadhanasita does not absolve the self into god/absolute/the One/etc.

crossfire

Premium Member
The difference being that a LHP practice such as Sadhanasita does not absolve the self into god/absolute/the One/etc.
Well, neither does Buddhism, or many other paths. Does that make them all left-hand paths? :confused:
(Left and right have different meanings within different traditions.)

Thanks for your patience and your answers. :)

Well, neither does Buddhism, or many other paths. Does that make them all left-hand paths? :confused:
(Left and right have different meanings within different traditions.)

Thanks for your patience and your answers. :)
My pleasure discussing this : hamster :
I would say that Buddhism seeks to surrender the ego and to absolve the self into One with the universe . . . no?
Most religions/belief systems seek similar outcomes . . . most refer to 'it' as God.

crossfire

Premium Member
My pleasure discussing this : hamster :
I would say that Buddhism seeks to surrender the ego and to absolve the self into One with the universe . . . no?
Umm--no, unless you consider developing compassion for all beings to be absolving the self into the universe.
Most religions/belief systems seek similar outcomes . . . most refer to 'it' as God.
Samsara is Nibbana.

Umm--no, unless you consider developing compassion for all beings to be absolving the self into the universe.

Samsara is Nibbana.
My understanding of Buddhism is the end goal is Nirvana, peace of mind free from suffering . . . is that correct?

If so, then Buddhism is not one of the Belief systems that share the same goal of atonement with god/universe. But, I would not call it a LHP.

crossfire

Premium Member
My understanding of Buddhism is the end goal is Nirvana, peace of mind free from suffering . . . is that correct?

If so, then Buddhism is not one of the Belief systems that share the same goal of atonement with god/universe. But, I would not call it a LHP.
Fair enough.
There's a left/right thread going here:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/comparative-religion/149446-left-right.html

I'm sure your perspective would be welcome there. I'd be interested in reading it.