• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allah the Arabic name of GOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Mos Def, aka Dante Smith, is an interesting character. I've listened and actually been a fan of some of his music. He surely hates America and the white man. Nevertheless, even though he possesses the financial means to live anywhere he wants, he can't seem to find a better country to call home.
im not quite sure if you got my points for even posting that for you. could you respond more topically to the op/thread

Iti oj

Premium Member
Don't hate. I am sure he has the right to express anger about white people. Blacks and other minorities are still not treated exactly the best.

And shoot. Whats next, will you say all Liberals hate America to and should leave?

But this is for another thread. Allah and arabic is the topic for now
i love my country. hate my government, and embarrassed by my society.

back on topic. people are just human, they are gonna defend their home
also looking at the external influences on the middle east and its voilatal nature one wonders if religion is just a mask the whole problem is a socioeconomically. a political mistake

arthra

Baha'i
This word which some western people hate it (especialy the Christians) , and they insulting/mock it all the time .
In my experience (history) in chat with non-muslims , some people refer it to Idol , and some others said to Allah mean the moon , some said it's mean "camel" ....etc

as you knw Arabic is semitic langauge , it's a sister with Aramaic and Hebrew ,
the Aramaic is the langauge of Jesus (pbuh) ,and Hebrew is language OT

In Aramaic Jesus (pbuh) called God "Elahi" , and Hebrew they called God "Eloah"

....what i blame here some christians , and some believers in God/Allah in other religions .

I pretty much agree with you on the use of Allah.. Baha'is use the name of God in much the same way and we have Arabic Writings ...many translated into English and other languages. One of the greetings we use is Allah'u'Abha! which means God is glorius.

How to pronounce 'Allah-u-abha' - Baha'i Glossary, A Spoken Dictionary of Baha'i Words and Phrases

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
How pathetic is it that after our government has spent so much money on the Iraqi people in an attempt to better their lives, including the removal of a tyrannical dictator named Saddam Hussein from office, these people not only thankless but paint themselves as persecuted. You guys are blinded by religious fanaticism and lies preached by your imams if you really believe this is some sort of 21st century crusade by "Christian" America.

Keep telling yourself this if it will help you sleep better at night. Do you honestly believe this?

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Keep telling yourself this if it will help you sleep better at night. Do you honestly believe this?

It can't be denied that our government has spent billions on infrastructure for the Iraqis. Our government also had no beef with the iraqi people.Our beef was with a corrupt, despotic regime. Please tell me how we've taken advantage of their country/resources in some significant way. We're practically on the verge of bankrupcy, in part because of how much we've spent over there.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It can't be denied that our government has spent billions on infrastructure for the Iraqis. Our government also had no beef with the iraqi people.Our beef was with a corrupt, despotic regime. Please tell me how we've taken advantage of their country/resources in some significant way. We're practically on the verge of bankrupcy, in part because of how much we've spent over there.

This is getting completely off topic, bu I'll entertain the question anyway.

I am not doubting that the US and allied forces spent (wasted) billions of dollars in Iraq. I don't even blame the soldiers, they're there to do their job and they do what they're told.

However, I am severely concerned for anyone who truly believes our mission was to rid Iraq of Saddam Hussein only. Yes we're rebuilding their infrastructure, the same infrastructure we blew to the 7th century with our shock and awe attacks on Iraq. The US had plenty of opportunities to take that punk out decades before...oh but wait...he's was our "ally" back then when we needed him...treatment of his people be damned. We needed to defeat Iran.

We were dumb enough to do the same with Osama bin Laden too, and look at that mess we're cleaning up. We are on the verge of bankruptcy because we over-militarized in two areas we had no business in...and we were over-saturated in the housing market and giving out stupid loans we couldn't afford to give.

Best to save the rosey/shades for the history books we love to alter for our great grandkids to read.

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
Jungle
IRAQ HISTORY
1953 -After 2 years of U.S. sponsored sanctions CIA supports plot to overthrow Mossadigh and place Shah in power. American Gen. Norman Schwartzkopf Sr. helps Shah develop SAVAK secret police.
1963 -coup aided by CIA overthrows Kassem. Baathist party briefly in power. Hussein runs torture center
1972-Iraq announces the nationalization of oil. Pres. Nixon plots with Shah to arm Iraqui Kurds. Iraq placed on list of nations supporting terrorism
1980-"Carter Doctrine" states U.S. will intervene militarily to protect U.S. access to oil. Iraq invades Iran at U.S. urging.
1982-Iraq removed from terrorist nation list

1984-U.S restores full diplomatic relations with Iraq. Pres. Reagan authorizes intelligence sharing with Iraq. At same time U.S. begins sharing intelligence and selling weapons to Iran.
1985-Oliver North tells Iran that U.S. will help Iran overthrow Saddam Hussein
1986-U.S increases aid to Iraq
987-Norman Schwartzkopf Jr. Named head of CENT-COM. U.S bombs Iranian oil platforms.
1988-Cease fire signed between Iran and Iraq. Center for Strategic and International Studies begins 2 year study predicting outcome of war between U.S and Iraq. Saddam Hussein announces $40 billion plan to peacefully rebuild Iraq.

May 1990 - At Arab summit Saddam accuses Gulf states of waging economic war against Iraq. The Iraq economy has been devastated by the war. Iraq had borrowed billions to wage war against Iran. Price of oil was down because Gulf states were dumping oil on world market. Kuwait was slant drilling with American equipment into Iraqi oilfields. Kuwait and Saudi Arabia at behest of U.S. demanded immediate repayment of loans to Iraq.
July 1990 -- Saddam accuses Kuwait of conspiring to destroy Iraq economy. Iraq troops mass on Iraq border
August 2, 1990 -Iraq invades Kuwait.

February 21, 1991 - Russia announces that Iraq has agreed to full and unconditional withdrawal from Kuwait. U.S rejects plan and says that if Iraq not out of Kuwait by noon February 23 a ground attack will proceed.
February 23, 1991 - ground assault begins
February 26, 1991 -- Iraq announces it's troops are withdrawing from Kuwait. U.S bombs road that would be used to retreat and kills thousands from air including civilians in "turkey shoot".
February 28, 1991-Iraq and U.S. agree to cease-fire
March 2, 1991 - 24th Mechanized Infantry slaughters thousands of Iraqi soldiers in post cease fire battle. No Americans die.
March 1991 - U.S-encouraged rebellions against Saddam are put down. Schwartzkopf allows Saddam helicopters to fly through U.S. lines to kill Shiites in south and Kurds in North. He refused to allow rebelling members of the Republican Guard in the South get weapons from their storehouses.
do i need to go on? and fyi i skipped stuff too
tell me again what the Iraqi citizen should be happy for?

Last edited:

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal

I am not doubting that the US and allied forces spent (wasted) billions of dollars in Iraq. I don't even blame the soldiers, they're there to do their job and they do what they're told.

However, I am severely concerned for anyone who truly believes our mission was to rid Iraq of Saddam Hussein only. Yes we're rebuilding their infrastructure, the same infrastructure we blew to the 7th century with our shock and awe attacks on Iraq. The US had plenty of opportunities to take that punk out decades before...oh but wait...he's was our "ally" back then when we needed him...treatment of his people be damned. We needed to defeat Iran.

We were dumb enough to do the same with Osama bin Laden too, and look at that mess we're cleaning up. We are on the verge of bankruptcy because we over-militarized in two areas we had no business in...and we were over-saturated in the housing market and giving out stupid loans we couldn't afford to give.

Best to save the rose-shades for the history books we love to alter for our great grandkids to read.

I think Bush had some personal reasons for taking out Saddam which were connected to his father. I've also heard that oil companies stood to gain access to untapped Iraqi reserves and that their profits increased as a result of it.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think Bush had some personal reasons for taking out Saddam which were connected to his father. I've also heard that oil companies stood to gain access to untapped Iraqi reserves and that their profits increased as a result of it.

Exactly. The Iraqi people see that, and while they may be glad Saddam is history, I can't imagine they are thrilled with the way it was done and the damage it caused their country. Anyway, best to save this discussion for another thread.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I'll tell you what makes me want to cry. It's the cowards who were trying to kill those marines that had no problem using a civilian house with a family inside of it as cover.
let inverse the situation ,if i try to invade your country (for any reason) , you will considerate us the cowards or the heros ,
what is your opinion about who bombing the civilain by the planes , they ignore that there not civilains ?

Iti oj

Premium Member
let inverse the situation ,if i try to invade your country (for any reason) , you will considerate us the cowards or the heros ,
what is your opinion about who bombing the civilain by the planes , they ignore that there not civilains ?
GO i think you missed his point reread what he wrote. hes talking about soldiers hidding behind citizens...

Godobeyer

Premium Member

the West seiged Iraq for more than 13 years !!! and then invade it because they claimed it's had a nuclear weapons .....the question is where is the Nuclear weapons that they seiged and invade Iraq for it ?
it's just a lie to gain the OIL of Iraq .
I believe that Bush families fools the americans
USA because the war of Iraq and Afghanistan is Indebted by 2000 billion dollars .
and i believe that may declare the bankruptcy soon , as it's happened in their banks .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Jungle
IRAQ HISTORY
do i need to go on? and fyi i skipped stuff too
tell me again what the Iraqi citizen should be happy for?
of course they are not happy , i guess the Iraqi citizen are most suffering people in the world .

but you arrive at just at the begining of the real story 1991 , for my opinion the awful suffering is begun in 1991 and until now the Iraqi suffering the consquences .

and this is the first crime in 1991 :
[youtube]hhmXleZXAr0[/youtube]
"Highway of Death" Iraqi Army Armed Retreat from Kuwait 1991 - YouTube

or this
Officially known as Highway 80, the Highway of Death runs from Kuwait City to Basra in Iraq. During the Gulf War (1991), it became the scene of one of the most haunting images of the war.
On the night of February 26-27, 1991, Iraqi military personnel and civilians retreating from Kuwait were attacked and destroyed by American aircraft and ground forces during the United Nations Coalition offensive. The use of force was disproportionate, and the retreating forces included hostages and refugees. The scenes of carnage on the road were seen by the international community as a turkey shoot (Elaine Sciolino, the New York Times) and led to the war’s quick end subsequently.
from this link :

http://iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2009/05/27/the-highway-of-death/

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
Status
Not open for further replies.