• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All religion is a construct of man

Zadok

Zadok
There has been a lot of talk lately about the "evils" of Islam. I find this rather short-sighted as ALL religions are at their root evil. People speak of the violent nature of Islam and the scores of people who have been slaughtered in the name of Mohammed. Is Christianity any better? I think not, just look at the history - the crusades, the inquisition, etc.

In reality, all religions are constructs of man, not God. Perhaps the original ideas behind many religions were pure, however, in short order they all seem to go bad and become manipulators of opinion and harbingers of hatred. Very sad.

True spirituality must come from within, not from organized religion.

There are without question pretenders and counterfeiters among the societies of men. If one desires to learn mathematics and science what sense is there in seeking out failures and those that cannot understand and live the precepts and logic of math and science. All that one will encounter in such foolish endeavors are failures and fraudulent representatives of math and science.

By the same token if one seeks out Democrats to learn of Republicans and vice versa what of politics will they learn?

The foundations of religion have evolved for thousands of years. To assert that in thousands of years such evolution has no benefit is quite short sided. What among the institutions of man has been more beneficial than religion but not influenced by religion?

Many say they do not believe in religion or G-d. But their definition of G-d is a derivative of religion. I have yet to talk to anyone that does not believe in G-d that holds to notions of G-d that are remotely believable but at the same time hold to theories of life and intelligence in the universe – to which there is no more evidence. Their base their beliefs on what is possible. But is intelligence impossible? And if intelligence is possible – then is there not a possibility of a more advanced intelligence than the first? It is not possible that intelligence can reverse engineer or engineer anything that is possible? Is it not possible that intelligence can shape what happens?

If intelligence cannot contribute to anything – why have a logical or intelligent discussion about anything if it does not matter? I think there is a great flaw in the logic that intelligence is limited to what man alone has achieved in the some thousands of years man has shown any intelligence.

Zadok

Last edited:

ButTheCatCameBack

I would go further than the OP. I would say all Gods are the product of humanity. As well as all supernaturalism. Religion I would not say is rooted necessarily in evil, but in ignorance. And too often willful ignorance. Perhaps at certain times of human existence. It would be perhaps more true to say it was not usually willful ignorance. Inquiry we call science was in its infancy in most areas, and religion provided an explanation for the nature of the world.

But just as alchemy and its ilk gave way to chemistry. So religion should give way to the sciences in that. Its not hard to see though how ignorance leads to violence and evil(the natural human kind, not the mystical supernatural EVIL! of some religions). I just hope eventually we learn to let religion go.

logician

It is interesting that most gods were "invented" long ago when communications were poor, and historical recording unreliable at best. Wonder why "gods" didn't have the wisdom to come today, in a world of instant communications, where all could see it and believe real time, and there would be no question that they were real.