• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All About Souls!

klubbhead024

HopefulNikki said:
In your view/religion, what is a soul? Do humans have them? Do other organisms have them? How do you know?

I understand that a soul is like an eternal lifeforce. In my opinion humans do not have them... I would also seriously doubt if any other organisims have them. Unfortunately there will be only 1 time you will be able to find out :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't think the concept of a soul explains anything. It seems like a useless concept.

HopefulNikki

klubbhead024 said:
I understand that a soul is like an eternal lifeforce. In my opinion humans do not have them... I would also seriously doubt if any other organisims have them.
Why don't you believe they/we have them? I'm not here to directly advocate one or the other, but I was hoping to hear the reasoning of both/all sides...

Unfortunately there will be only 1 time you will be able to find out :)
You have a point. :)

klubbhead024

HopefulNikki said:
Why don't you believe they/we have them? I'm not here to directly advocate one or the other, but I was hoping to hear the reasoning of both/all sides...

I just feel that souls are made up by certain religions to pretty much scare you into thinking their way.. if you don't, your soul will be damned to hell! A soul in my opinion is a brainwashing(please don't yell at me people):sorry1:

HopefulNikki

klubbhead024 said:
I just feel that souls are made up by certain religions to pretty much scare you into thinking their way.. if you don't, your soul will be damned to hell! A soul in my opinion is a brainwashing(please don't yell at me people):sorry1:
It's ok, I'm not gonna yell:) What about religions that believe in souls but not a literal Hell?

klubbhead024

HopefulNikki said:
It's ok, I'm not gonna yell:) What about religions that believe in souls but not a literal Hell?

It still wouldn't seem right to me, becuase it would almost be the same as having 2 lives. In my belief.. when you die you become fertilizer, nothing more

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
HopefulNikki said:
And why would that entity be useless?

Not the entity. The concept of the entity. The concept explains nothing observable, describes nothing observable. It's a useless concept.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
HopefulNikki said:
What about hope? I don't mean acts of hope, I mean the actual feeling of hope inside a person?

If a person can feel hope, how is it possible to say that hope is not observable?