• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aliens through the lens of religion

Parsimony

Are there any members here who try to explain the alien abduction and UFO phenomena using some aspect or entity(ies) present in their religion? For example, I've read much about Christians who believe that these beings are not physical extraterrestrials but are instead demons seeking to mislead people while setting a precedent for the "end times". Similarly, I've heard of a Muslim view which holds that aliens are djinni. I am interested to know the views of Judaism on this. Hearing about the views of non-Abrahamic religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Paganism would also be much appreciated.

I find the evidence intriguing and suggestive, but I don't feel that it is quite solid enough to warrant my full belief. This thread, however, is not so much about whether aliens or UFOs are real or not. It's mostly about how a religious mindset affects one's interpretations of unexplained phenomena.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I've written of fictional aliens recently, alongside vampires.

But realistically, I'd say that there's no reason to think that extraterrestrials are demons or anything supernatural. I've always thought that we'd probably see them more as animals, in a way that is a lot unlike our civilization concept to the point where we would not recognize their civilization concept (if they even have one).

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
In this particular case, I don't have as much interesting to say as I might if the topic was in some other area of "unexplained" phenomena (in quotes, because I think status as unexplained can be disputed somewhat in many instances). My religion is nature-centered, and on top of that, it's very locally-oriented. What I worship and care about is governed by what's in my backyard. Although I don't doubt biological organisms of some type exist outside of Gaea, it doesn't concern me. For the same reason, I'm not particularly interested in astrology other than as a system of symbolism I can draw on for rituals or spellcraft, nor do I actively worship Ocean Spirit in spite of the fact that it dominates Gaea's surface area and profoundly influences its essence.

As for how my religious mindset impacts how I interpret the idea that there are literally biological organisms currently visiting our planet in flying space ships... it really doesn't, except in the sense that science is part of my religion. Those kinds of ideas don't get past my science assessment and therefore I do not give them any thought or consideration as literally occurring events.

Anonymouse

The best way that this was explained to me is that there are positive entities and negative entities. Positive and negative in this context can probably be compared to beneficial or harmful (attract and repel). This could describe anyone in our life (earthlings as well as extra-ultra terrestrial beings). For (established) religions to start categorizing these beings as angels and demons is nothing short of name-calling and is really unnecessary.

For establishing the conclusion that these beings are "demons" bent on fulfilling end time apocalypses or enacting world wide destruction, my only concern would be, why are they taking so long? If the data on their superior technology and the time that they have been interacting with our planet is to be alleged, than these beings are also slow-moving and incompetent. The same could be said for the “angel” argument. If they are here to help us with technological, environmental, spiritual, medical advances, where is all this understanding? What are they waiting for?

The researchers who have really investigated all aspects of this phenomenon seem to arrive at a common deduction. That these beings (for all intents and purposes) are out for themselves and that their agendas seem to point to enriching and benefiting their own existences. Sort of like humankind.

I've always thought that we'd probably see them more as animals
If the abduction reports are to be believed, than your perspective needs to be reversed.

Last edited:

Aganjuzu

seeker

The researchers who have really investigated all aspects of this phenomenon seem to arrive at a common deduction. That these beings (for all intents and purposes) are out for themselves and that their agendas seem to point to enriching and benefiting their own existences. Sort of like humankind.

Yeah, the rumors i heard were that maybe certain "elites" are mutually parasitic w/ these beings. Possibly allowing the "aliens" special privileges or goods in exchange for advanced technologies.

kaoticprofit

I think that all life that God made in the universe is just like our planet earth. In other words. I think there are a zillion "planet earths" with people and animals on them just like our earth. Some of them may not have 'fallen' like we have thus not requiring a Savior.

I studied UFO's in the early 70's and interviewed an abductee for about 2 hours.
Even before the interview I was convinced that UFO's were occupied by fallen angels. I'm sure you've heard the story. There was war in heaven where Lucifer and 1/3 on the angels were cast out. This may sound bizarre but this is what happened.

There are different hierarchy's of angels. Each have different capacities of power, knowledge, and responsibility. They are employed together through the operations of the Seven Spirits of God and help with the function of all that God has made. The war in heaven created the 'fallen angels.' Some are tall and some are short. They "fell' from their original state and purpose just like we did. That caused them to sort of, "grow old and die." The beings that occupy the UFO's come from these fallen ones but are still in their body. The older they get the more they smell like rotten eggs or sulphur. This isn't a body of flesh and blood but some type of metaphysical body. The aliens or fallen angels are still in their bodies. When they die that's when they become a disembodied spirit or what we call a demon.

After they were cast from heaven they did what most beings would do. They went onto several different planets throughout the universe and acquired whatever natural resources to build their ships. The 'mother ships' which we don't see are as big as the state of Rhode Island. Out from them come the smaller ones. Some the size of football fields. Some the size of an above ground pool. Some as small as basket balls which are drone type ones used for surveillance.

They are not all friendly with one another. About 30 years ago my kids had half the neighborhood out watching a group of them out in space and looked about the size of a dull star. There were a half dozen to one side and half dozen or so to another side. We could see them firing at one another with what looked like 'tracers.' Then one must have hit and there was a bright flash of light. Then they all dispersed within 30 seconds or so.

Why are animal mutilations occurring where the reproductive tissues of female animals are removed with astonishing precision usually with sightings and evidence of UFO's in the area? Why would they need this stuff?

I don't remember the name but a movie and a book was made of the incident I'm going to describe. This is a true story. Four men were leaving a logging area when they saw something hovering about 100 feet above the ground. One of the guy's decided to get out and walked up under it. The guys were yelling at him to get out of there but was eventually "caught up!"

During his absence here on earth, the other three men were heavily interrogated and all of them agreed to and passed liar detector test. What he witnessed is something we have been aware of for quite some time.

After he was there he went through some type of "admissions" so to speak. and said he found himself in a hospital room type setting in a state of partial consciousness and unable to move. Almost like a vivid dream but you just know that you are actually there. He could see other people laying in a pod type membrane kind of thing squirming around but unable to break free. He could see that they were trying to do things to him and fought as much as he could and was able to be very uncooperative however he still could not move much. This went on for a few days. Then he freaked out and sit up when he saw a huge needle coming at him by one of the aliens who he described in similar fashion as other abductees.

There are two possible reasons for abducting people and animal mutilations. Like us, they are looking for things to keep themselves alive and well.
The more probable reason is that they are "growing or manufacturing people!"

After being gone for three days, he came to and was delivered back naked on the porch of a general store.

OK! I'm ready for the criticism! Any questions?

Last edited:

Parsimony

I don't remember the name but a movie and a book was made of the incident I'm going to describe. This is a true story.
I believe you are speaking of Fire in the Sky with Travis Walton being the abductee. The scene in the movie with Walton aboard the ship differs greatly from his actual account.

If these beings are deceptive by nature, then very little that they do can be seen as an accurate portrayal of what they really "need". Cattle mutilations may not serve any physical purpose at all, but are simply done to further some deceptive agenda. Same thing goes for hybridization programs. I always thought it very odd that beings from another planet would be able to (or want to) reproduce with us. They shouldn't be anywhere close to compatible. This all assumes that they are real in the first place.

kaoticprofit

If these beings are deceptive by nature, then very little that they do can be seen as an accurate portrayal of what they really "need". Cattle mutilations may not serve any physical purpose at all, but are simply done to further some deceptive agenda. Same thing goes for hybridization programs. I always thought it very odd that beings from another planet would be able to (or want to) reproduce with us. They shouldn't be anywhere close to compatible. This all assumes that they are real in the first place.

I've seen UFO's before and know how to identify them when they are way out in space. My kids actually witnessed a UFO war as I have described.

These pod type membranes in the UFO hospital rooms may be used to 'make humans' for any one of their deceptive purposes. They may have been responsible for 'the nephilim' or giants of the Old Testament. In other words they made a being like a human to get women pregnant to make giants. Satan has tried several times to destroy the plan of God and the giants were one way. Some people think the 'fallen angelics' may use these 'manufactured people' in the end-times. Maybe one could be the anti-Christ. We just don't know.

ametist

I dont think it is the purpose of religious texts to explain all aspects of physical existence and how they relate with each other. It is also not possible to reveal all things nonphysical through mere texts because always there is a 'no-touch' zone between physical and non physical that can only be narrowed inside a human's desire and yearing. That same desire and yearning which can help him out of prejudice and make possible discovery of many in physical.
Quran starts by saying thanks and praises be to Allah creator of alemin (i.e worlds, universes, all existence)

Also god would never giver apparent scientific explanations because that would ruin free will and deep faith and love relation between god and believer. There will just be enough and right dose of them to give pleasure and more depth to believer as they are discovered.

Last edited:

kaoticprofit

I don't think it is the purpose of religious texts to explain all aspects of physical existence and how they relate with each other.
It is also not possible to reveal all things nonphysical through mere texts because always there is a 'no-touch' zone between physical and non physical that can only be narrowed inside a human's desire and yearing.
You are correct in some ways because the text is always subject to interpretation. But that does not mean we are to avoid meditating and praying about understanding or trying to figure it all out so to speak. We too often approach many of these things from our already preconceived ideas and then people are too unwilling to change their mind.

The text I accept is the Holy Bible. It's an Inspired Book and Look into the Mind of God Almighty revealed through His Prophets. We are revealed just so much about the big picture and maybe not everybody is.... or even believes they can be inspired. And I really don't think inspiration is all there is too it. Common sense, a good hermeneutic, being unbiased, and translating the Word from the original language by using the lexicons goes a long way in understanding God's Word the Holy Bible.

I can't say that everything I said is true for sure, but I've found that the most logical interpretation about anything is usually the correct one. And even with UfO's, what I expressed is the best explanation there is about the two.

Also god would never giver apparent scientific explanations because that would ruin free will and deep faith and love relation between god and believer.

I think Ezekiel's Wheels is a scientific explanation that goes beyond scientific. I think 1 Kings 18 where the God of Elijah is challenged by the prophets of Baal and the brush pile is incinerated goes beyond scientific and into the spiritual and metaphysical realm. Spiritual things can't be explained by science because science needs physical evidence. The Spirit world is not understood by many people and neither is the intermediate state. God made it all. We have a good picture of the Throne of God and the mind of God. It's a good thing to meditate on the Mind of God revealed in His Holy Word even if it is about UFO's.

Last edited:

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
I am interested to know the views of Judaism on this.

I don't think that "Judaism" has a view on it; I've never ran across it in any of my readings or classes.

Personally, I don't think that there is anything that rules out life on other planets. The Torah is the account of God's relationship with the Jewish people, and it simply doesn't deal with the possibility of life on other planets.