• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aliens or Gods

Machavelle

What are peoples thoughts on Ancient people being guided, taught and helped by Aliens.

Perhaps with their lack of knowledge they believed they were God's rather then normal physical beings.

Sumerians, certain American Tribes, African Tribes all have similar stories of sky visitors, some even new of stars you could not see with the naked eye or a normal telescope.

Last edited:

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
What are peoples thoughts on Ancient people being guided, taught and helped by Aliens.

It's certainly possible. I remember reading that book "Chariot of the Gods" years ago, the author had an odd name like Herbert Von Danish Pastry. ;)

But the question arises, are these aliens still around, or are they elsewhere in the galaxy busy helping other primitives to evolve?

Machavelle

It's certainly possible. I remember reading that book "Chariot of the Gods" years ago, the author had an odd name like Herbert Von Danish Pastry. ;)

But the question arises, are these aliens still around, or are they elsewhere in the galaxy busy helping other primitives to evolve?
Or are still visiting our governments, or just watching.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Or are still visiting our governments, or just watching.

Or maybe they have infiltrated?... ;)

th

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
That idea has intrigued me for years. I was heavy into the books of people like David Icke for a time. The Gods of Eden is probably the best book for a general overview of it. However, if it is true, I don't have a positive perspective of it because the signs point to us being a slave race on the level of cattle. (Which I think we are, regardless.)

Last edited:

Machavelle

That idea has intrigued me for years. I was heavy into the books of people like David Icke for a time. The Gods of Eden is probably the best book for a general overview of it. However, if it is true, I don't have a positive perspective of it because the signs point to us being a slave race on the level of cattle.
David Ike is not playing with a full deck I suspect

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

Perhaps with their lack of knowledge they believed they were God's rather then normal physical beings.

Sumerians, certain American Tribes, African Tribes all have similar stories of sky visitors, some even new of stars you could not see with the naked eye or a normal telescope.
Peace be on you.
Current people misunderstood them for lack of knowledge and assumed God does not exist. For example case of Aborigines of Australia.
More: The Concept of God among the Aborigines of Australia @ https://www.alislam.org/library/books/revelation/part_3_section_2.html

A Vestigial Mote

There certainly are some artifacts created by ancient peoples that are hard to believe. One of the ones that always stuck out to me was a series of large stones with perfect, concentric cuts in them such that one stone's projection of these shapes fit into another's depression. There were hundreds of the stones at the site they were discovered, and modern stone-workers were questioned as to how this was done - their answer was that even with the tools they have at their disposal today they would be hard pressed to reproduce cuts as exacting at the ones between these stones. Barring some form of higher-technology interceding, you'd be looking at people whose entire lives were dedicated to doing nothing but perfecting these stones with the primitive tools they would have had. Maybe being able to churn out 20 or 30 during their lifetime, if I had to hazard a guess.

Erebus

My opinion on ancient aliens, hidden alien governments and so on are that they essentially downplay human efforts (for better or for worse). In the case of benevolent aliens, proponents of the idea are basically saying that humans surely can't be that ingenious. In the case of evil alien governments, proponents are saying no human could be that cruel. Either way, I think it shows that they underestimate humanity and find it more appealing to chalk up extremes of human behaviour to something "other."

It's essentially a modern version of using werewolves to explain violent psychoses, vampires to explain premature burial and illness or changelings to explain various deformities.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member

There is also loads more evidence globally, the Ancient Alien series has lots of great info, don't always agree with their theories, yet the evidence speaks for its self.

There is advanced architecture all over the world thousands of years old, where thousands of ton hardened stone blocks have been moved hundreds of miles... It makes no sense, unless we add the missing part of the equation.

There has been interaction between us, and them throughout history, with sightings at major battles, etc.... Almost like we're being observed, in the hopes we might evolved out of our primitive war like nature.

There does seem to be a suppression of this information tho, with odd films hinting at that a certain race is manipulating our media, and information to maintain control over us as slaves. :innocent:

A Vestigial Mote

Exactly...
And that's most probably what it was. I never asserted one way or another. However, being a human myself, and understanding how we all have aspirations beyond devoting our lives to toil, especially when it is (most likely in this case) at the behest of others, my mind just moves to questions. And I entertain the other, possible answers, if only to see where the train of thought on those leads. Same as claims of God having done anything. I entertain the notion long enough to settle within myself that I am satisfied with the results I come to vs. what is being proposed. I would never assert that aliens carved the stones, or lent the ancient people their tools, or that God was definitively responsible for anything - there is no proof of those items whatsoever. But a little walk down those roads of fantastical conjecture never hurt anyone. I'd wager the best works of fiction on Earth were crafted due to that same type of traversal. As long as you don't let yourself get caught up in it to the point that you're foisting it on others there is no harm done in entertaining a crazy notion or two for a bit. All things in moderation.

Last edited:

A Vestigial Mote

I think it's dumb as rocks.

I understand why you changed it to "rocks" from my mention of stones - partially obscuring that it was in response to my comment and "cleverly" playing on the old "dumb as a box of rocks" saying. Strange that it still ends up reading like a child wrote it.

jonathan180iq

And that's most probably what it was. I never asserted one way or another. However, being a human myself, and understanding how we all have aspirations beyond devoting our lives to toil, especially when it is (most likely in this case) at the behest of others, my mind just moves to questions. And I entertain the other, possible answers, if only to see where the train of thought on those leads. Same as claims of God having done anything. I entertain the notion long enough to settle within myself that I am satisfied with the results I come to vs. what is being proposed. I would never assert that aliens carved the stones, or lent the ancient people their tools, or that God was definitively responsible for anything - there is no proof of those items whatsoever. But a little walk down those roads of fantastical conjecture never hurt anyone. I'd wager the best works of fiction on Earth were crafted due to that same type of traversal. As long as you don't let yourself get caught up in it too the point that you're foisting it on others there is no harm done in entertaining a crazy notion or two for a bit. All things in moderation.
Oh sure, I wasn't talking to you directly. I was highlighting what I think others in this thread and the Ancient Alien proponents need to remember about human existence, even just a few years ago.

Life is nothing but time, and we have a lot of time. We have a ton of time, actually. We have a whole crap ton of down time.
To suppose that ONLY the intervention of an advanced race of Spacemen from far off galaxies who came to visit us 3,000 years ago and then never make themselves known again would allow us to make really smooth stones is, in a word, stupid.

I read Sci-Fi all the time. Love the genre...
But I can easily distinguish between my affection for scientific fiction and real life. These Ancient Aliens people love it so much that they actually mistake their pet project for factual history.