• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alien Superstructure back in the news.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This thing has gotton much weirder.

If course space and the universe is pretty weird in itself by which there is almost always something that catches our eyes and sense of wonder.

Still, supposing this thing turns out to be an artificial structure built by another species far from Earth. How cool would that be to finally hear that were actually not alone in the universe.

Even if it does turn out to be a naturally made object. It's still cool to read about.

Story here:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientists-now-even-more-confused-160810001.html

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
I have a lot of trouble buying the idea that unexplained flickering must, by some leap of logic, equal a Dyson sphere....

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
What's super cool is that we're seeing it as it was 1,480 years ago. That alien race could have harvested their sun for a thousand years, then died out or left their system 100s of years after that before we even started tracking the light.

Or, if there is an alien race there right now, they might be looking at our star and planet and watching us in the year 536 AD. . . According to Wikipedia, humans just invented stained glass.

Or maybe they caught wind of Aristotle several hundred years ago
, realized we can actually be reasonable, and launched a ship to meet us.

If they travel near the speed of light, they'll be here somewhere in the year 2,600. I hope they'll be impressed with how much we've learned about the universe since Aristotle got us started.

Last edited:

Daemon Sophic

Alien contact will bring us a book entitled "How to Serve Man".

It's a cookbook.:eek:
Gulp!:confused:
Sorry, but someone had to say it.

Seriously though. However super-ultra-hyper-wickedly cool it would be....I can't help but think about how every less advanced civilization, or species of animals has faired throughout human history after being discovered by a more advanced civilization. o_O It ain't pretty folks.
At the moment though I believe a LOT more observation needs be made.

Twilight Hue

I have a lot of trouble buying the idea that unexplained flickering must, by some leap of logic, equal a Dyson sphere....
It does boggle the mind. I mean just where would you even get the resources to even build something massive like that.

Seems it is looked at as being a possible energy collector of sorts. Assuming its the case that it is artificially made.

Twilight Hue

I think it's more likely the star is being obscured by dust and/or gas.
While still interesting, that would take the wind out of the sails at finally finding comfirmation of alien life.

Honestly I'd be giddy if its a huge cloud of space mold.

This thing has gotton much weirder.

If course space and the universe is pretty weird in itself by which there is almost always something that catches our eyes and sense of wonder.

Still, supposing this thing turns out to be an artificial structure built by another species far from Earth. How cool would that be to finally hear that were actually not alone in the universe.

Even if it does turn out to be a naturally made object. It's still cool to read about.

Story here:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientists-now-even-more-confused-160810001.html
We are not alone in the universe, and Scripture attests to that, "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God... " There are innumerable worlds inhabited by unfallen beings- all of them governed by the law of Jehovah.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member

lL07U5t.jpg

Twilight Hue

From what I gather, the dimming has now shown to be irregular. Not typical in a natural sense for that to occur, which is peaking the curiosity of scientists and amateurs alike.

It could still be natural, yet alien engineering hasn't been tabled for the duration just yet, at least until they figure it out what it is they are detecting.