• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alien Contact: Mass Panic?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Maybe you can't. Maybe you just have to accept it.
Rejecting logic? That would be like returning my primate card. I have a big frontal lobe and I'm going to use it. If you want to revert to instincts, go ahead, me, I'm good.

ecco

Veteran Member
Now I see it, the "higher reason" apology. This is of course a discussion ender. If god is outside of logic and reason, how can I reason about it?

Maybe you can't. Maybe you just have to accept it.

Rejecting logic? That would be like returning my primate card. I have a big frontal lobe and I'm going to use it. If you want to revert to instincts, go ahead, me, I'm good.

Where did I say you have to reject logic. I just asked you to understand that a human's view of logic may not be an ultimate view of logic. An ant's view and understanding of the Golden Gate Bridge is very different from yours. Yet you and the ant are much more closely related than you and God. If the ant can't comprehend the essence and function of the Golden Gate Bridge then that should tell you it is impossible for you, me, any human to comprehend how Free Will and Godly Omniscience can co-exist.

I didn't ask you to reject your view of logic. I just suggested you accept the possibility of Free Will and Godly Omniscience co-existing.

This, of course, poses problems for the Christian who insists that man has free will. It was man's Free Will, they will tell you, that led to humankind's downfall. Well, not really. Their Omniscient God created A&E in a precise manner knowing they would fail. Then He went and blamed them. That, to me, is inexcusable.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I didn't ask you to reject your view of logic. I just suggested you accept the possibility of Free Will and Godly Omniscience co-existing.
Yes, you do ask me to reject logic. Logic is a tool to derive true statements from other true statements. It is also able to detect contradictions in a set of statements and thus determine that the set doesn't contain only true statements. The set {"free will exists", "omniscience exists"} leads to a logical contradiction.
Asking to accept that that may not be the case, is asking to reject logic.
It is akin to asking to accept that 2 + 2 may not be 4 or that, maybe, pigs can fly.

Bird123

Question: If it was officially disclosed to the public that the USA had secretly been in contact with aliens for decades and that aliens certainly existed and were here would there be mass panic?

In 1938 a radio dramatisation of The War Of The Worlds by HG Wells and directed by Orson Wells caused mass panic when people thought it was an actual news broadcast.

It really did cause terror!

You can hear the broadcast embedded on this wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_of_the_Worlds_(1938_radio_drama)

Basically, mass panic ensued!

If this happened today, what would happen?

I don't think mass panic.

If it truly happened we'd know
And if it didn't truly happen we'd know too. Pic related.

First of all, only one broadcast source would carry it so people would notice that it wasn't on all the news sources - indeed there would be nothing on the internet. If aliens came I'd imagine it would be all over the internet. Also, if it was going on on a non-news channel we'd figure out it wasn't news.

I don't think the events of 1938 could ever be repeated.

Also, we are now used to the idea of aliens. I believe Star Trek - which began in I believe 1964 was set up by the American secret state (in collaboration with Hollywood) to equip people with the concepts necessary to understand what aliens are like and what their intentions are. Basically: friendly and good!

Spock: a friendly alien

Look at Spock and The Federation. Spock is an alien, but he's kind and benign. The Federation is similar to Earth's United Nations. It is basically an inter-civilisational alliance, with lofty humanitarian ideals.

I believe Star Trek is a part of a campaign of "soft disclosure" orchestrated by the American secret state to soften us up for the truth

Because of Star Trek people will now be equipped to understand what on Earth is going on when disclosure of alien contact is announced. Way better equipped than in 1938.

I believe there is such an organisation in real life

I believe there is an inter-stellar alliance similar to The Federation in Star Trek and that humankind are scheduled to join it - indeed we may even be members and have a seat at the table! I believe it is very much like Earth's UN.

How might contact be disclosed to the human public?

I'd say an address to the United Nations by the USA, who I believe is the entity that has been in contact with ET, on behalf of all humankind. I believe the aliens singled out the USA as they were the first to develop atomic weapons.

The first nation to develop nukes was the power the aliens chose to deal with.
But if Nazi Germany did I don't think they'd be friendly or that Earth would be admitted to The Federation.

I believe that I personally have a part to play in this.

I believe that once a species reaches a certain level of development that God sends an intermediary (or even intermediaries?) between him and that species.

I have a channel of communication open to God
Think of me as one of humankind's radio operators!

I believe I am such a person. An intermediary who represents God to humankind. I hesitate to use the term "prophet", I think "contact" would be a better word. I am here more for practical reasons rather than spiritual reasons. I am here to help the people of Earth to understand that the aliens are good and not a threat.

With my help the human authorities can better deal with the aliens - who also have their own radio operator (or radio operators?)

I believe that I personally will have a part to play once contact has been disclosed. Indeed I believe this post is me doing my job!

Hopefully all I've said will quietly sink in so that when you hear the news you won't be shocked - indeed hopefully you will feel like celebrating!

This is from my website/blog
Click here for more!

Have you heard Orson Wells Broadcast? Mr Wells has talent. It's no wonder many were convinced.

I have heard that area 51 has the dead bodies of aliens that crashed. I have heard that the government will not release the info for the reason you mention. People would not feel secure if they knew the government could not protect them.

I would not be afraid. I would walk up and greet them. After all, I need a few parts. I'm having a bit of trouble getting my flying saucer off the ground.

That's what I see. This one isn't so clear!!

ecco

Veteran Member
Yes, you do ask me to reject logic. Logic is a tool to derive true statements from other true statements. It is also able to detect contradictions in a set of statements and thus determine that the set doesn't contain only true statements. The set {"free will exists", "omniscience exists"} leads to a logical contradiction.
Asking to accept that that may not be the case, is asking to reject logic.
It is akin to asking to accept that 2 + 2 may not be 4 or that, maybe, pigs can fly.

Well, ant, I guess there is no reason to continue this discussion.